Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

baby (resized).png
    ef8c562680622402315d334802b89f5e59c326db (resized).jpg
    9E0E4DE8-4066-486E-BE00-7D2EA0C1289E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0097 (resized).JPG
    PB050281 (resized).JPG
    PA030042 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 1 year ago

Hardest to sell because nobody wanted it was Allied Leisure Dynomite. Those early Allied Leisure games are hard to find in full working order. I brought it to at least 3 different shows for free play, but still it was hard to find a buyer. I eventually sold it for way less than what I had into it. Oh well. I don't think I'll get any more Gen 1 Allied Leisure games in the future, even though I basically wrote the book on game repair for them (on pinwiki). At least that should help people who are interested in those games.

So far, I haven't really had to part with any games I was particularly attached to. I've done big project clean-outs a couple times, so there are a few games I never had a chance to fix up and play. Two that I would've liked to finish were Star Race and Bounty Hunter. For Star Race, I just ran out of space and something had to go. For Bounty Hunter, it was basically a wreck and pile of parts that I picked up somewhere and just didn't want to deal with in that condition. Everything else I either just lost interest in, or finished, had my fun, and then sold.

Right now, I do have a stargate prototype whitewood up for sale that I've held onto for several years. It was tough to come to the decision to list that one for sale since it's one of a kind and such an interesting design. But considering I haven't done much with it, I figure it's time to let someone else have a crack at it and free up space for something else.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

None, if i like it I don't sell it. Physically hard to sell was Rescue 911, absolutely hated it, no one wanted it, had to raffle the turd off just to get back the $700 I was onto it for.

That seems odd. I've owned two and didn't have much trouble moving them. People really like the helicopter on it.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Hardest game to get rid of was Gorgar. It's the game that everybody wanted but nobody can own because it's going to scare or offend somebody in there family that only comes over like once every five years... Sold the nicest one on the planet after months of trying for $400 just to make the people go away that kept telling me the same excuses over and over. Don't bother me if you already know you can't buy it. I'm not in the hobby to entertain the picture collectors. Sheesh!!
    John

Quoted from Mundy53:

Gorgar was a hard game to sell. I’ll agree on that.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

maybe someone needs to make an alt backglass for that game with flowers and rainbows on it for the people that can't handle life.

What about Devil's Dare? Anyone have difficulty with that one?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-hardest-pin-to-sell?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.