(Topic ID: 278614)

What was your first real job?

By jhanley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41362367_2583782718302230_8127887821387071488_n (resized).jpg
    307125303_5869554373068796_1023721440378489580_n (resized).jpg
    8E1DB436C1464230B1BDE42B428DB9D5 (1) (resized).jpg
    me (resized).jpg
    download (4) (resized).jpeg
    20201002_203600 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 3 years ago

My first real job was busting out of the place I was in, anything to be alive and free.

8E1DB436C1464230B1BDE42B428DB9D5 (1) (resized).jpg8E1DB436C1464230B1BDE42B428DB9D5 (1) (resized).jpg
    #74 3 years ago

At around 3 years old Dad paid me around 2.00 a hour to move and stack firewood that he heated the house with.

Not sure why he even did that, he was self employed, and I guess instead of training me like a family chore he taught me way early to think outside the box.

Up until I was 22 I always worked for Dad, operating the same construction equipment that is on that TV show Gold Rush.

I was operating machines that cost 200k years before I was legal to even drive a car.

Except for working for Dad, or being self employed like I have been all of my life, I only had 2 other places I worked, and both was in school so I could actually get out of school early to work for Dad or myself.

School work program would not let me out early to do work they thought was dangerous, (that I have already done for years), so part time for a while just to get out of school early I worked at a warehouse that shipped toys all over the world, name of it was Browning South or something.

I complained that they had me cutting their grass, and I was released by the school.

So next thing high school sets me up at Dunaway Drugs. Well, they told me to go scrub the toilet and I walked out.

Luckily the school agreed with me that all this bullshit was a waste of my time, and we agreed to fake the paperwork to make it look like my Dad owned a grocery store and that was where I was working.

So anyway, I was supposed to be working at a grocery store while I was in high school, but instead I was operating excavators for the most part.

And off topic but I hated English classes, but I did very well. I was offered scholarships to colleges with these papers I have wrote and whatever.

I said HELL NO!

And it is just so funny that I hate to write or type a damn thing, but I get on here, and I write a book.

(and yeah, I was always looking for ways to make a buck, I did AWESOME all through my school years as the candy man).

(10th grade was the best, minimum wage was 3.65 a hour, and I was making 80.00 a day profit selling candy while in school). (and then after school go climb on a machine and make 10.00 a hour).

I semi retired at 40.

If only I would have chilled out and not had to go to beach bars 20 times a year and have too much to drink and get labeled a VIP I could be fully retired now.

And my only regret is that I wish I had of just went to the beach a tad less, because it was so often I do not even remember 25% of the trips, they just all ran together like I was there full time.

Anyway, all my jobs are real, but as far as this topic the way I think it means, just 2, while I was in school and forced to work some stupid bs briefly. (sorry, had a couple of nattys).

Anyway I have no clue if working for Dad at age 3 was my first real job, or working for that warehouse at 16 as a excuse to get out of school early to mess with that crap before either going back to work on machine for Dad, or other things I also had going on was the first.

Sorry. I wish (not really), I could say something like: Oh, my first job was with Delta and after 50 years I am retired now.

I am self employed, and I will never retire, because I like what I do, 90% of the time I can sleep as long as I want to, and stay up here hopefully entertaining you guys while I have a Natty. Or 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-real-job?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.