(Topic ID: 189030)

What was your first pinball machine purchase?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Completist
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Mine was X-files pinball machine.

#2 6 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker 18 years ago, and still have it

#4 6 years ago

Tftc

#5 6 years ago

Judge Dredd from BarryWNJ - EBay @ $1800.

First NIB - Tron from JJ

#6 6 years ago

A nasty ragedy ass Gottlieb World Series.with a painted red cabinet and a wooden coin door. Yuck !

#7 6 years ago

Funny thing is back then I thought I scored !!!! LOL

#8 6 years ago

A Stern "Galaxy"5 yrs.ago! Anchor of my collection!

#9 6 years ago
    #11 6 years ago

Time Line and Hot Hand project combo deal

#12 6 years ago

Funhouse

#13 6 years ago

Time Warp from CL,
    Nib was TWD Pro
    -Mike

#15 6 years ago

Simpsons data east

#16 6 years ago

HS2: Getaway...still have it. Bought it from a mechanics garage. Smelled of oil and yuck. Cleaned up really well though.

#17 6 years ago

Twilight Zone off of eBay. Final auction price:$2650.

Still have it today.

#18 6 years ago

The machine bride of pinbot.

#19 6 years ago

Who Dunnit, traded for The Getaway

#20 6 years ago

RK...beat...fully working...$550...4 yrs ago...still love it...!!!..............Joey

#21 6 years ago

Space Sh(i)ttle. Playfield was totally roached. Bought CPR plastics and playfield, did the swaps myself by CUTTING EVERY DAMN WIRE ON THE PLAYFIELD...oops...and resoldering them. Sold to a local guy. He had the cabinet repainted and it won a Best 80's this year at Texas Pinball Festival.

#22 6 years ago

SF2 off Craigslist

I noticed a few had this as a first!
    Never selling mine.

First NIB was RZ..... expensive paperweight.
    I have not opened the box yet.

I have had a busy 3 yrs of collecting.

#23 6 years ago

High Speed!

Apr. 2009 and still have it! ... and still have to swap in a CPR playfield. Great pin.

#24 6 years ago

TAF in great condition (PF magnet burn and a tiny bit of mansion wear ) but otherwise great shape. Sold it for too little, still miss it

#25 6 years ago

HS2 The Getaway

#26 6 years ago

A. Broken speakeasy. Sold it and bought a williams contact. Eventually got another speakeasy. Wish i would have had the skill to fix it back then!

#27 6 years ago

F14 at an auction in Redford, MI with my newlywed wife in 1988 who was an avid pinhead too. Still is (are). We did it to save some money ... we frequented arcades for fun. It was $900 and 1 year old. Still have it ... and her.

#28 6 years ago

Whitewater - bought it for $1350CDN (roughly $975US) about 15 years ago.

#29 6 years ago

A fully working Super Mario Bros pin at an auction close to 10 years ago. Paid $625. LONG GONE

#30 6 years ago

Hankin Howzat $400 1981.
    Pin was a year old.

#31 6 years ago

Looks like I am the first Gorgar reply. Won't be the last. I have heard it said that Gorgar has gotten many cherries. -----paid too much for a player at best, but got me in the hobby.

#32 6 years ago

Mine was Capitan Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy in 1995! Sold pop bottles to play that game when I was 11 and it was the first one I owned! Bought from Colorado Game Exchange (long before JJ) when they were on the other side of 6th ave off Federal.

#33 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe.
    I played it in Aladdin's Castle at the local mall. Even more at the student center at UofL. And finally at a pub i frequented in my 20's. If I were to ever own a pin, it was gonna be that one.

Went to the Louisville Arcade Expo and fell in love with pinball all over again after a long absence. Started scouring Craigslist and found one in pretty good shape with a few issues.

Fast forward 5 or 6 years and the collection is up to 8.

#34 6 years ago

In 1979, I bought a Bazaar from an arcade in Pismo Beach.

#35 6 years ago

Funhouse in 93' as the only Christmas present for my 3 young boys (then 8 and twins at 5). I still have FunHouse.

#36 6 years ago

Congo about 6 years ago for $900

Now I have 18

#37 6 years ago

Yo! Taxi! Jan 2017

#38 6 years ago

Year was 1979 , The game was a Target Alpha , paid $225 at an auction.

I still own the machine and it gets played often .

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#39 6 years ago

Xenon, bought it from the owner of Hyperspace arcade in Denver. Just sold it to make room for a Spiderman pro.

#40 6 years ago

Evel Knievel. Beat up playfield and I loved it. Pinball was alive in my house. It was my only game... for about a month. Fun times.

#41 6 years ago

Black Knight!

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

The machine bride of pinbot.

+1 BOP, still there telling me to play her.

#43 6 years ago

F-14 Tomcat for $750 CDN ($600 USD) and sold it 4 years later. Regretted the sale the moment it left my house and searched for another over the past many years. I just bought a replacement that is in better shape and it's NEVER leaving the collection!!

#44 6 years ago

Space Shuttle it's still in my collection.

#45 6 years ago

Alien Poker for me. A total basket case for a whopping $125. Learned alot fixing and restoring that game. Still in my collection and looking great.

#46 6 years ago

my first 2 games came as a package buy. High Speed and WCS94 Christmas 2005 present for the kids and of coarse me

#47 6 years ago

Street fighter 2 in 2010 on my own. High speed from my parent to me and my brothers in the early 90s. My brother still has the high speed. I sold the street fighter.

#49 6 years ago

Tales from the Crypt. I knew I had to have it, and my expectations were exceeded. It's a definite keeper.

#50 6 years ago

A non-working 1980 Bally Embryon for $300 in August 2010. Fixed MPU board alkaline damage & replaced bad rectifier bridges with help from Clay's guide. First time doing board work of any kind & it came out great!
    Still have it, still love it.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-pinball-machine-purchase?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.