Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 204 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jakers
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What was your first pin and do you still have it ”

• Do you still have your first 155 votes
      66%
    • Did you sell your first 56 votes
      24%
    • Did you sell and miss your first 25 votes
      11%

(Multiple choice - 236 votes by 229 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53B507E1-04C1-4403-8789-87AFC3E322A6.jpeg
    106FE6D1-DF74-4904-88DD-BB1B8A197836.jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    E6374A95-9D52-46AD-B884-69795E98CD3C (resized).jpeg
    5D7D75C3-658E-4174-AAFC-387F816DBCD8 (resized).jpeg
    8907EE5F-B6C9-4F10-8E31-4B98D244055D (resized).jpeg
    B81B0F87-96D1-455F-82E3-54FE965AC6BA (resized).jpeg
    77F77F18-9032-49CB-8CEC-ECDFBCABAE76 (resized).jpeg
    85F10953-602B-4A8F-875E-91C5AA82B0E4 (resized).jpeg
    B71F87F5-B4C7-4D38-AE5A-B59936DD66F0 (resized).jpeg
    F96DE334-C8F8-4B56-9C80-4FC9AF2ADA5E (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0C1F281-E67E-488A-A0B1-0499ED674966 (resized).jpeg
    1 best (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    DEBAEF3E-16CC-4B88-8F48-99F8E2DB32A1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 3 years ago

LAH was my first and will never leave. Was a reimport from Spain. Paid $1200 about 17 years ago. Just put in a complete NOS plastic set.

#102 3 years ago

Williams IJ. Picked up in ‘98. Would be the last to ever leave.

#103 3 years ago

First pin purchase was a package deal for an EK and a BW100.

EK will never be leaving, BW100 was in great condition but sold it to purchase FT.

Can't keep them all, right? Or can you....lol

#104 3 years ago

TZ. No, not that one. The original TZ - Tri Zone. Sold it to a buddy who now routes it. Great little game.

#105 3 years ago

Yes still have HSII for over 20 years now.

#106 3 years ago

Not sure how to answer...

My first pin was a Gottlieb Baseball. Bought it off Craigslist back around 2008 for $475. Had it for maybe a year until a got into a huff one day and swore off pinball forever.

Of course, that didn't take, and years later, I was missing it. Couple years ago I find another Baseball locally on Craigslist. Similar condition, though it had suffered an unfortunate paint job. The cabinet is a uniform, off-white, semi-gloss.

So, I have the same title, but a different machine. I guess I'd sell it, if my wife approved.

#107 3 years ago

I dont remember my first pin it was about 45 years ago and no I dont have it.

#108 3 years ago

I guess it was about 8 years ago. I got a nice Paragon off of CL for $700. I played it, kept it going. Added a PF protector to stop it from wearing. About 6 years ago I sold it for $600. I was trying to get more but it sat on Craigslist for months at $800. Now it would go for double or more.

Crazy times! I have owned quite a few awesome machines thanks to my friends I made in the hobby.

#109 3 years ago

Gottlieb Bad Girls

#110 3 years ago

“Still have it” is running away .Thats interesting so many people kept they’re first pin .reakly enjoying reading these n the stories .

#111 3 years ago

My first game was Gottlieb Genie.. I did a video talking about my first pinball experience.. the one that got me into the hobby:

#112 3 years ago

Rocky & Bullwinkle is my first and still only pin (got it 4 years now). The game remains so much fun to me, I dont think I'll ever let it go.

#113 3 years ago

KISS, and yes, almost 25 years now.

I still have most of the first 10 games I bought, which is a good thing because most of them are A-list games that I could never afford to gather now.

#114 3 years ago

My first pin, and the one that got me into this hobby was Gtb SPIDERMAN.
    That was over 30 years ago. Still have it and we play it regularly. For those
    that think older pins are unreliable, after fixing and going through Spidey
    its only failed once when one of the bridge rectifiers failed.
    Steve

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

For those
    that think older pins are unreliable, after fixing and going through Spidey
    its only failed once when one of the bridge rectifiers failed.
    Steve

Absolutely, but we don't want them (the others) to know this, it's just means more pins for you and me! I have bullet-proofed mine and they are rock solid.

#116 3 years ago

First pin is Jurassic Park (DE). Still here. Currently no plans on selling it.

#117 3 years ago

Space Station and I don't think it will ever leave!!

#118 3 years ago

It’s good to see the great majority still have n play they’re firsts . I’ve been looking up a lot of these as I’m new and never heard of some.Im having a lot of fun scrolling through these .

#119 3 years ago

WMS IJ. Forever a keeper. With all the mods and upgrades available, new all over again.

#120 3 years ago

absolutely near mint gottlieb buckaroo back in 1978.

still have it? i wish.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmesserly:

Shadow was my first in 2003. When I got to four pins, I sold it to fund the next. I’ve been a pinball churner ever since and have had around 70 different titles, many multiple times. (The benefit of a walkout basement)
    I’ve slowed down the last couple years and have a pretty firm group of pins. Shadow’s back for the third time to stay.

3rd time is a charm.Man I wanted a walkout basement wife wanted 2story.Surprise I lost again !!lmao

#122 3 years ago

Shadow was my first in 2012 at age 16.
    Bought for $1200 and still own it
    Photo from back in the day when I didn't install LEDs and a ColorDMD yet.

Foto0325 (resized).jpgFoto0325 (resized).jpg
    #123 3 years ago

My first game was Buckaroo and I purchased it in 1970 for $50 from my uncles friend Jukebox Joe. Jukebox Joe showed up one Saturday and had two pinball machines in his van. He told me to take my pick $50 each. One of them was a two player (I do not remember the name) and the other the one player Buckaroo. I kind of liked the two player model so friends could play together and I could not afford both. This was my hard earned paper route money so I asked Joe which one he would take and he pointed to the Buckaroo. The rest is history and after 50+ years I still have my first pinball and it still works. Since that summer day when I took ownership of my first pinball machine who knew it would lead to a life time hobby. I have gone through hundreds of pins but still have my first.

#124 3 years ago

Crazy! Most people still have their first machine. I sold my first- EM Williams Triple Action that I bought DOA.
    I guess you could call me a low end pin man, as my tendency is to purchase broken pins, fix, play for a bit, and sell.
    I did pay full price for a Sega MSF though. That one is to play while I work on the project machines.

#125 3 years ago

1964 Bally Bus Stop

Long gone.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Md2020:

Williams Triple Action that I bought DOA.

Triple Action in the exact same condition was my first as well...Although I have bought, fixed, played, sold many machines since, my Triple Action remains in the collection!

#127 3 years ago

An old beat up South Park that's been completely shopped, backglass and translite replaced, so many mods and lights added it's insane. Just bought a new coin door to put in it. It's never going anywhere. (still my wife's favorite game)

#128 3 years ago

Bally Power Play, In 1985. It was roached and not working. Before internet, so information And parts were a lot harder to come by.
    Sold it a long time ago, but wouldn’t mind having it again.

#129 3 years ago

Got my first pin not too long ago. It's a BKSoR pro. So...yes, I do still have my first pin

#130 3 years ago

Sega Lost World Jurassic Park and yes I still have it.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

My first game was Buckaroo and I purchased it in 1970 for $50 from my uncles friend Jukebox Joe. Jukebox Joe showed up one Saturday and had two pinball machines in his van. He told me to take my pick $50 each. One of them was a two player (I do not remember the name) and the other the one player Buckaroo. I kind of liked the two player model so friends could play together and I could not afford both. This was my hard earned paper route money so I asked Joe which one he would take and he pointed to the Buckaroo. The rest is history and after 50+ years I still have my first pinball and it still works. Since that summer day when I took ownership of my first pinball machine who knew it would lead to a life time hobby. I have gone through hundreds of pins but still have my first.

50$ ? Mss as n things have changed lmao.

#132 3 years ago

Please excuse ...Man things have changed.

#133 3 years ago

Hook. I bought it 6 years ago off Craigslist. I never really liked it. It was in excellent condition and in my budget. It has been a great machine to teach me the basics of pinball maintenance.
    Every time a new machine has come into the house I have said that I was going to sell it. Hook almost never gets played, but it will probably never leave.

#134 3 years ago

Judge Dredd..2000 YR... Still have it and ALL the others on our list of games... Fun Times.. NT

#135 3 years ago

My dad bought Space Station 24 years ago and I still have it and it is not going any where.

1 week later
    #136 3 years ago

Safe to say most keep theyre first.I definitly plan to .I’m starting to pick up the search for our second I’d imagine even as many as some people have It’s hard to get rid of certain pins.Im hoping I’m not hooked on next one As the trades interest me after all you can always get one back if you miss it that much .

#137 3 years ago

Here’s my first one. Had to have it. Took it from dirty messy and having problems to a pretty damn good player. When I got it almost all of the GI didn’t work. Switch errors and the shooter rod was completely missing. Fixed all of that and it looks pretty good now. Doesn’t fix the playfield that didn’t have Mylar on it but it’s as good as it’s gonna get without a swap. I took it to Louisville Arcade Expo and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot and had a lot of people asking to buy it so I guess I did something right. Now it’s sitting in my first home with some company. It’s special to me and would take some crazy offer that’s not likely to get it from me so I expect it to be with me forever or at least a very long time.

197584C1-1AE8-4A08-914E-C390CCFB84FE (resized).jpeg197584C1-1AE8-4A08-914E-C390CCFB84FE (resized).jpeg4E83B280-343E-4082-BFCD-68495747F516 (resized).jpeg4E83B280-343E-4082-BFCD-68495747F516 (resized).jpeg6FDBA102-C06A-41F6-964C-BE3084E344A2 (resized).jpeg6FDBA102-C06A-41F6-964C-BE3084E344A2 (resized).jpegFF43AADE-C949-441A-AE0E-8EE9103BDDFF (resized).jpegFF43AADE-C949-441A-AE0E-8EE9103BDDFF (resized).jpeg
    #138 3 years ago

My first game was Spy Hunter. Owned it for just over 8 years. Just sold it a week ago to make room for a new one. I might remember it fondly at times but on to newer and better things.

#139 3 years ago

My first was actually two No Good Gofers that I bought for $1950 each. They were both routed but in pretty decent shape. I restored them and sold them for enough to buy a NIB Metallica Pro and a Nearly new Star Trek Pro with about 100 plays on it. I still have both of those in my collection.

1 week later
    #140 3 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

My first was actually two No Good Gofers that I bought for $1950 each. They were both routed but in pretty decent shape. I restored them and sold them for enough to buy a NIB Metallica Pro and a Nearly new Star Trek Pro with about 100 plays on it. I still have both of those in my collection.

Climb the the ladder to get what you want I like that

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Here’s my first one. Had to have it. Took it from dirty messy and having problems to a pretty damn good player. When I got it almost all of the GI didn’t work. Switch errors and the shooter rod was completely missing. Fixed all of that and it looks pretty good now. Doesn’t fix the playfield that didn’t have Mylar on it but it’s as good as it’s gonna get without a swap. I took it to Louisville Arcade Expo and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot and had a lot of people asking to buy it so I guess I did something right. Now it’s sitting in my first home with some company. It’s special to me and would take some crazy offer that’s not likely to get it from me so I expect it to be with me forever or at least a very long time.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely done !!

#142 3 years ago

DEJP-no intention to sell
    Paid $2800 in 2015 no mods, just a nice example

Did NVAM, LED’s, Color DMD, mirrors, pinsound, flippers rebuilt, good cab and playfield, extra motors and parts because i was a noob....

I’m in it now for around 5 lol. Its not going anywhere.

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from tbutler6:

DEJP-no intention to sell
    Paid $2800 in 2015 no mods, just a nice example
    Did NVAM, LED’s, Color DMD, mirrors, pinsound, flippers rebuilt, good cab and playfield, extra motors and parts because i was a noob....
    I’m in it now for around 5 lol. Its not going anywhere.

I hear you I’m putting some $ into my first WOZRR to make it our own picking up my second this week IMprem I’ll leave that be as I want the next 3 to rotate over the years .That’s the plan anyway lmao !

#144 3 years ago

A few categories of first pins for me:

First pin my dad bought for the family fun room: BK around 1984, long gone but I’ve had 2 others since and still have one

First pin purchased on my own in my first apt: BK2 around 1994, also gone but have owned 2 since and still have one

First DMD pin: STNG in 1997, still have it

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

A few categories of first pins for me:
    First pin my dad bought for the family fun room: BK around 1984, long gone but I’ve had 2 others since and still have one
    First pin purchased on my own in my first apt: BK2 around 1994, also gone but have owned 2 since and still have one
    First DMD pin: STNG in 1997, still have it

That’s a good Dad!! I’m trying to do the same I have 2 boys 11 n 12 .They love playing pinball. So much better than playing PS4 on couch.

1 year later
    #146 2 years ago

I forgot I started this post .3 pages is my record :)We sold our first .The WOZRR went to a nice gentleman who is a huge fan and had quite the collection of memorabilia on hand .I dropped it off by him then went with my youngest to purchase the DP premium he wanted about a hour away from there..I would love to get one back down the road when we have a broader collection .After we purchased a IMDN we wanted more faster style pins .

#147 2 years ago

LZ premium was my first. Still play it all the time - great game and plan on keeping it.

#148 2 years ago

Meteor, and no I don't. I was given my meteor for Christmas in 1982. I was 13 years old. It was SUPER clean. Where ever it was routed, it wasn't for long. We lived in Hawaii and I brought it back to the mainland in 1984. Around 1986 I stupidly traded it for a Space Duel. Space Duel got old pretty quickly and left after a year or so.

In 1996 I decided I wanted another pin and picked up Comet out of the San Jose Mercury News for $475. I ended up buying it from a guy I had sold a Dig Dug machine too. Comet is still here and if I ever think of selling it one of my four kids will steal it away in the night! In fact it's at a sons' house now. My three sons are all room mates and have my Comet and BK2K.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Meteor, and no I don't. I was given my meteor for Christmas in 1982. I was 13 years old. It was SUPER clean. Where ever it was routed, it wasn't for long. We lived in Hawaii and I brought it back to the mainland in 1984. Around 1986 I stupidly traded it for a Space Duel. Space Duel got old pretty quickly and left after a year or so.
    In 1996 I decided I wanted another pin and picked up Comet out of the San Jose Mercury News for $475. I ended up buying it from a guy I had sold a Dig Dug machine too. Comet is still here and if I ever think of selling it one of my four kids will steal it away in the night! In fact it's at a sons' house now. My three sons are all room mates and have my Comet and BK2K.

Oh boy .Is that what I have to look forward to when mine move out ? lol

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

LZ premium was my first. Still play it all the time - great game and plan on keeping it.

I’m with you buddy .I love cranking on LZ and you can’t beat the soundtrack .My kids are turning the screws on me to get something else .I’m holding on for dear life .

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-pin-and-do-you-still-have-it-/page/3?hl=md2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.