Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 204 posts
  • 160 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jakers
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What was your first pin and do you still have it ”

• Do you still have your first 155 votes
      66%
    • Did you sell your first 56 votes
      24%
    • Did you sell and miss your first 25 votes
      11%

(Multiple choice - 236 votes by 229 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53B507E1-04C1-4403-8789-87AFC3E322A6.jpeg
    106FE6D1-DF74-4904-88DD-BB1B8A197836.jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    E6374A95-9D52-46AD-B884-69795E98CD3C (resized).jpeg
    5D7D75C3-658E-4174-AAFC-387F816DBCD8 (resized).jpeg
    8907EE5F-B6C9-4F10-8E31-4B98D244055D (resized).jpeg
    B81B0F87-96D1-455F-82E3-54FE965AC6BA (resized).jpeg
    77F77F18-9032-49CB-8CEC-ECDFBCABAE76 (resized).jpeg
    85F10953-602B-4A8F-875E-91C5AA82B0E4 (resized).jpeg
    B71F87F5-B4C7-4D38-AE5A-B59936DD66F0 (resized).jpeg
    F96DE334-C8F8-4B56-9C80-4FC9AF2ADA5E (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    A0C1F281-E67E-488A-A0B1-0499ED674966 (resized).jpeg
    1 best (resized).JPG
    6 (resized).JPG
    DEBAEF3E-16CC-4B88-8F48-99F8E2DB32A1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 3 years ago

Funhouse - still around and restored not going anywhere

#52 3 years ago

I bought my first pin in 1986 when I was 12. I had saved up some money doing my paper route,cutting lawns,sitting for the neighbor kid....and every week i would look through the Trading Times for something cool to buy and one week I came across 2 pinball machines for sale in my city for $250 each.i called him up and we talked a little and then i went and told my dad what I had found.well my dad called the guy and we were on our way.when we get there i had the choice between Captain Fantastic or Playboy and I chose Captain Fantastic. It now resides in my own home between Flip Flop and Pharaoh and still gets it's fair share of play time. I have memories of playing against my dad and him yelling at me to not cheat because I was a nudger even at 12.what I wouldn't give for my dad to see my collection now.

#53 3 years ago

Funhouse, bought in 2001 for $1200. Still have it & always will.

#54 3 years ago

Mustang Pro and it will never leave

#55 3 years ago

My first was Baby Pac Man...does that even count?? Sold it, no regrets. I don’t have a keeper, I’ve sold every single game I’ve ever bought.

#56 3 years ago

Royal Rumble sold it.

#57 3 years ago

Addams Family, I still have it

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I bought my first pin in 1986 when I was 12. I had saved up some money doing my paper route,cutting lawns,sitting for the neighbor kid....and every week i would look through the Trading Times for something cool to buy and one week I came across 2 pinball machines for sale in my city for $250 each.i called him up and we talked a little and then i went and told my dad what I had found.well my dad called the guy and we were on our way.when we get there i had the choice between Captain Fantastic or Playboy and I chose Captain Fantastic. It now resides in my own home between Flip Flop and Pharaoh and still gets it's fair share of play time. I have memories of playing against my dad and him yelling at me to not cheat because I was a nudger even at 12.what I wouldn't give for my dad to see my collection now.

That’s great .I feel the same my dad would’ve loved playing this machine!!!

#59 3 years ago

Fireball II, it's not going anywhere anytime soon

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Timfenske11:

Get a bigger room!

Lol we are planning to renovate and add 15x15 to our existing game room.

#61 3 years ago

“Still Have It” is charging ahead

#62 3 years ago

TX Sector in about 1996. Still have it.

#63 3 years ago

AC/DC pro NIB was my first. Sold it for MET pro and no regrets.

#64 3 years ago

Firepower started me down this road of sin. I kept trading up with machines, so it had to go. I figured that I could always get it again.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Recently bought our first pin

All that space next to her looks like an itch that just can’t be scratched...

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

All that space next to her looks like an itch that just can’t be scratched...

Oh yeah itches all day long.Lmao I’m about 4-8 weeks from getting serious with the search.Im between JP,IM or any of the 3 CGC remakes .

#67 3 years ago

NIB LOTR in '03 and yes I sure do. As a surprise Christmas present from my wife, it along with my SWLE for my 40th birthday present are never allowed to leave (wife's rules). If CCR ever gets released then that will probably be on the list as well since it's her favorite and I sold her previous favorite out from under her (Williams IJ) so I kind of owe her one.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

NIB LOTR in '03 and yes I sure do. As a surprise Christmas present from my wife, it along with my SWLE for my 40th birthday present are never allowed to leave (wife's rules). If CCR ever gets released then that will probably be on the list as well since it's her favorite and I sold her previous favorite out from under her (Williams IJ) so I kind of owe her one.

I need to speak to my wife tonight my 50th just past Christmas Eve!

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Wow. You gotta winner there.

#70 3 years ago

First game was TSPP. Still have it, last to leave.

#71 3 years ago

Judge Dredd, paid $900 clean and mostly working. Later traded it away to a buddy who sold it off. Missed it for awhile but have bought another since.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Getaway HS2. Miss the game, but not enough to buy another one.

Same here. Love to play if I find one on location but they never seem to work right. Mine was in great shape and played great. Be nice if I could of kept it but wouldn't play if often, though.

#73 3 years ago

Tommy

Bought in 2003

Still here .Will be the last to go. Which may be soon ... as I've recently been thinking of selling up

#74 3 years ago

Grand Lizard. I miss the simplicity of the game and MagnaSave!

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cloud7:

Quoted from Cloud7:

Please excuse me I’m a newb but which machine is TSPP?

#76 3 years ago

Funhouse! Purchased for $2200 from a family about 20 minutes from where I live. It had sat un-played for a couple years because Rudys VUK was broken and the playfield was in garbage condition, worn down to the wood between the flippers and raised inserts all over the place. I brought it home, fixed Rudy and because it was so bad it got played for about 6 months and sat for 4 years collecting dust because I had bought other pins that actually played good. Last year I dumped $4k into it (a NOS Kruzman cleared playfield and all brand new topside components, all underside components rebuilt full LED's with both Hergs boards). It's gorgeous and plays fast as hell. While I still don't play it much, it's never leaving this house while I breathe.

#77 3 years ago

Last Action Hero. Will likely never get rid of it. Definitely doesn't have the depth of a modern pin, but its super fun and lots to do.

#78 3 years ago

High Speed in 2009. First in, probably last to go. Too good.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Please excuse me I’m a newb but which machine is TSPP?

The Simpsons Pinball Party.

#80 3 years ago

My first pin was a routed Stargate in player's condition with a rough cabinet, but a decent playfield. Then I got an LOTR, but ended up selling both for a family emergency. A few years later and I bought another Stargate in way better condition and a RFM with a SWE1 conversion kit. Would love to own an LOTR again, but somehow outside my price range now. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky someday.

#81 3 years ago

Bally 50/50. Sold it long long time ago, don't miss it very much - played so much that it got a bit boring.

#82 3 years ago

Star Race 1980 was bought for me as a Fathers day gift and it hasn't and will never leave.

#83 3 years ago

F14 Tomcat by Williams was my first. Great fun. Bought it in 1999 or 2000 for 250 Euros. It was the start of something I'd never know would become such an important part of my life. Had the chance to tell that to Steve Ritchie too, when I met him a few years ago at the Dutch Pinball Open.

I sold the F14 after about a year of owning it. After delivering it to the new owner, on the way back home, I picked up my second machine: a Bally Playboy. I think I have always owned at least one pinball machine since then.

The machine that I've owned the longest and is still in my collection, is The Shadow. Bought it in 2002 or 2003.

#84 3 years ago

Twilight Zone. I put a bid on an eBay auction that I didn’t expect to win and the rest is history. I still have it.

#85 3 years ago

Hobbit LE, still here.

#86 3 years ago

My first was a RFM. Recently sold it to fund a new pin buy but feel I already miss it. Had kept it if I had unlimited space at home.

#87 3 years ago

#Pharaoh was my first, and I still have it. Bought it from a great friend and fellow Pinsider, @archieball.

#88 3 years ago

PinBot purchased August 1990. The arcade where it resided was a Williams test site. Lots of cool games. I do still have the machine.

#89 3 years ago

My first was a Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I still have it! I love how it looks when it’s lit up.

#90 3 years ago

Williams Aztec, it is getting coil sleeves and flipper rebuild this week.

#91 3 years ago

Future Queen. Quite a rare game. I liked it, it had a few nice things, like a spinner the could move into the right orbit after by a coil, one ramp with a diverter, a mini-playfield like in LOTR (only with switches) and an upside-down-ramp, but the software was pretty basic. It was a nice first game, but I don't really miss it.

FutureQueen (resized).jpgFutureQueen (resized).jpg
    #92 3 years ago

NGG started the madness and is never leaving.

#93 3 years ago

First family game was twilight zone...talked my parents into it back in 1999....still have it to this day.

First two games I bought myself were Space Mission and Amazon Hunt..... Still have the Space Mission.

#94 3 years ago

My 1st score was Paragon in the summer of 85 working as a freight elevator operator. She's moved twice over the years with me but she still brags to all the other pins in my collection that she was my 1st.

#95 3 years ago

I retired in 2011,and Wife bought me a Stern Galaxy for Christmas!! Still here now with its friend,Meteor,and a few more thrown in!

#96 3 years ago

Cyclone, my old favorite at the local amusement park. Still here.

#97 3 years ago

Twilight Zone was my first pin and I still have it, 16+ years later.

#98 3 years ago

Bought an Eight Ball Deluxe - LE in 1984 (with money we got from our wedding). Still have it, still play it.

#99 3 years ago

Stern Meteor . Lucked into nice example . Been in same location in my home 25+ years .

#100 3 years ago

Shadow was my first in 2003. When I got to four pins, I sold it to fund the next. I’ve been a pinball churner ever since and have had around 70 different titles, many multiple times. (The benefit of a walkout basement)

I’ve slowed down the last couple years and have a pretty firm group of pins. Shadow’s back for the third time to stay.

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-pin-and-do-you-still-have-it-/page/2?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.