Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Meph
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 9 years ago

My first pin was a Jurassic Park. I had just got back from the pinball museum in Las Vegas and told my wife; "I think I'd like to buy a pinball machine." At that time she was pregnant (with twins) and we were on a pretty tight budget. We agreed that the pinball budget would be $800-$1000. Just like you I came to pinside and asked for suggestions. After a number of suggestions here was my post:

"Based on the suggestions so far maybe something like Whirlwind, Earthshaker, Dracula, Johnny Mnemonic, Judge Dredd, Congo, Jurassic Park, etc. Of those, the only one where the theme would be a cool bonus would be Jurassic Park. It just happens to be one of my favorite movies. Although, might have to save up some more or just get lucky on the price."

Within a few weeks later I had leads on a Johnny Mnemonic ($1200), Terminator 2 ($1000), and Jurassic Park ($1000). I ended up making the 4 hour round trip drive and getting the Jurassic Park. I wish I would have bought all three.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-pin-1?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.