20161126_222622 (resized).jpg
dw (resized).jpg
FE0D1E44-C10C-443A-8815-4745AEF06172 (resized).jpeg
20171125_180959 (resized).jpg
IMG_0867 (resized).JPG
IMG_0244 (resized).PNG
2001 (resized).JPG
P_20131117_133549 (resized).jpg
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Mine was a 1995 Gottlieb Strikes ‘n Spares

#3 6 years ago

I know we've had some new threads recently that have been done before a LOT (Why no Harry Potter?, If you could own just 1 machine...etc.), but this one has to take the cake for most repeated, right?

#4 6 years ago

Space Shuttle, still own it. How many people still own their first game?

#5 6 years ago
#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Mine was a DE Star Wars. Got it over 20 years ago & I still own it.

#7 6 years ago

Laser Cue or Cactus Jacks , cannot remember which one first.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Me

#9 6 years ago

F14 tomcat.

Still have it. Bought the repro playfield from mr peter. Plan to do my first full machine restore hopefully this summer!!

#10 6 years ago

Seawitch! My first and currently only game.

#11 6 years ago

Blackout (and I still own it)

#12 6 years ago

Doctor Who, still have it but I’ve only had it for a couple of months.

#13 6 years ago

This isn't easy for me to divulge, but Hurricane in 1996. Sold it in 2001 and bought a Scared Stiff which I still have. As a matter of fact SS is out on route right now and has just about paid for itself in quarters (well for the price of what I paid for it in 2001).

#14 6 years ago

Street Fighter 2

And I just found out that it's never leaving the house because the wife said so.

#15 6 years ago

bally circus

P_20131117_133549 (resized).jpgP_20131117_133549 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Jurassic Park, great first game, but did not hold my attention long.

#17 6 years ago

Star Race, still have it.

#18 6 years ago

Aztec, still have it (20+ years) and play it a lot!

Don C.

#19 6 years ago

My first game was a broken Gottlieb "2001" from a yard sale 3 houses down the block from me that I bought for like $25. It was 2004, and I knew nothing about pinball. We carried the damn thing down the street with it's legs and backbox still attached and put it into my garage. After fumbling around, I figured out how to get the playfield glass out, lifted the playfield, looked inside, saw all the EM stuff, silently mouthed "what the f***," put it back together, and promptly forgot about it until the following summer.

I came across Clay's guides online, and fixed it. While other games have come and gone, It still remains a proud addition to my collection. It's honestly a fantastic game.

2001 (resized).JPG2001 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Same here! And I still have it. The playfield was so bad I put an overlay on and had it cleared. Not that I'd get rid of it anyway, but I'm sure that would turn enough people off where I wouldn't be able to sell it for what it's worth to me personally.

#21 6 years ago

First game I owned? Rocky & Bullwinkle (hence the avatar and screen name)

First fame I played? Probably a Black Knight.

#22 6 years ago

Mine was 6 million dollar man, still own it!

#23 6 years ago

First one I remember playing was Hot Line when it was new.

#25 6 years ago

Pinbot, Genesis, and Xenon. I picked up all three in a trade for some guitar amplifiers because I wanted to be a “barter king”. Lol. I’ve been hooked ever since. I don’t own any of the three any longer though.

#26 6 years ago

Pinbot, from local arcade that was only there, never moved. Bought it in 1990. That arcade was a test site for Williams!

#27 6 years ago

Captain Fantastic! That was the first pinball machine I ever played back in 1976. I bought mine in 1994.

#29 6 years ago

Twilight Zone. Still have it.

#30 6 years ago

BSD bought on eBay with a buy it now of $800. Ahh 1997 those were the days... sold it regretted it bought another for 1200 a few years later. Won’t be leaving anytime soon.
Regards
Al

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Twilight Zone. Still have it.

+1

#32 6 years ago

Captain fantastic I bought it in 1986 when I was 12 and I still have it

#33 6 years ago

Sf2 baby!!

IMG_0244 (resized).PNGIMG_0244 (resized).PNG

#34 6 years ago

The year 1989, age 15.
Parents asked me what I wanted for Christmas.
From several years of spending all of my money in the bowling alley arcade while my parents played on their bowling league.
I asked them for a pinball machine.
So my dad responded to an ad in the Classified Section of the Dallas Times Herald "Pinball Machines for Sale, Call 214-XXX-XXXX".

We agreed to meet the guy at his house. In his backyard he had a 20 x 20 metal building where he rebuilt pinball machines & jukeboxes as a hobby.
From the games I had to choose from the seller had me and my Dad played Night Rider, Flash and Bally Playboy he had for sale.
I liked the game play and the girls on the Bally Playboy the best
What do you except for a 15 year old boy?
After several plays and deliberation on which one to chose. My dad asked "so which one?" I told him "Playboy".
I expect to hear a firm "No! your mom won't like that". Surprised he said ok...and that was the game of our choosing.

The seller delivered it to our house a week or so later and from there I was hooked.

#35 6 years ago

Queen of Diamonds

#36 6 years ago

My first was Tri Zone and I had the seller crate it up and send it 800 miles. Played it for years and then sold it to a friend who routes it regularly. It is nice that I can go visit it and play again. Thanks Erik!

#37 6 years ago

Royal Rumble and still have it. Yeah! Yeah! Oh yeah!

IMG_0867 (resized).JPGIMG_0867 (resized).JPG

Nothing like a wide body with a little shake.

#38 6 years ago

My first game was a 1974 Williams Dealer's Choice. I got it around 1988 or so. I was working at a flower auction during my holidays and noticed the game in the Technical Service area. Apparently some flower farmer had brought it in and had asked if they could fix it. They hadn't even looked at it. Since I was taking classes in electronics they were fine with me taking a look. I got the game working except for the ball trough coil firing. The coil was fine, but for some reason the game would not kick the ball in the plunger lane. At the end of the holiday I asked if the game was for sale. I was told I could buy it for $50. That was fine with me. A few weeks later I came to pick it up and the guy who told me I could buy it turned out to be on his honeymoon. His colleagues told me to just take the game and keep my money. They never paid for it either, so why should I? I kept the game for 5 years, but was never able to fix that ball trough coil. After I sold it it took me 9 years to get another game and that was the start of my current collection

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

My first game was a 1974 Williams Dealer's Choice. I got it around 1988 or so. I was working at a flower auction during my holidays and noticed the game in the Technical Service area. Apparently some flower farmer had brought it in and had asked if they could fix it. They hadn't even looked at it. Since I was taking classes in electronics they were fine with me taking a look. I got the game working except for the ball trough coil firing. The coil was fine, but for some reason the game would not kick the ball in the plunger lane. At the end of the holiday I asked if the game was for sale. I was told I could buy it for $50. That was fine with me. A few weeks later I came to pick it up and the guy who told me I could buy it turned out to be on his honeymoon. His colleagues told me to just take the game and keep my money. They never paid for it either, so why should I? I kept the game for 5 years, but was never able to fix that ball trough coil. After I sold it it took me 9 years to get another game and that was the start of my current collection

You had me at flower auction.

#40 6 years ago

Time Warp,still own it and it brought friends. Crazy hobby but worse things I could be doing with my money.
-Mike

#41 6 years ago

Street Fighter 2 , don't laugh

#42 6 years ago

Firepower. I've found Firepower is the first game of many pinheads.....it's like a gateway drug.

#43 6 years ago

Judge Dredd. Finally sold it last year, no regrets.

#44 6 years ago

1978 Bally Supersonic. Still have it.

#45 6 years ago

My first game was Jurassic Park. I wasn't targeting any specific game, but knew I wanted a late-80s early-90s machine with-in a certain budget. That just so happened to be the first game that turned up in my area. I sold it a few years later to fund a Fish Tales.

#46 6 years ago

MMR

#47 6 years ago

Lost World Jurassic Park. My 3 year old daughter loved playing it so much, she would pull up a stool and play in the buff.

#48 6 years ago

NGG. And still my favorite.

#49 6 years ago

BSD for $1500 almost 6 years ago. Drove over 5 hours with a hangover one way to pick it up and 5 hours back. It was in great shape, great playfield, no fade. I did wind up having to replace a couple boards in it over time. Then it was rock solid. People on here said it wasn’t a great choice for first and only pin because Of its difficulty. I loved it! I eventually let it go to try out new pins. But I would take it back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately it would cost more than double what I paid for it back then to get another one that nice.

#50 6 years ago

TZ and yes I wish I still had it cause it was real nice. I learned a lot from that machine about repairs and got it working 100% before I of course sold it for the next one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 1.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 29.99
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.