(Topic ID: 181709)

What was your first Craigslist pinball purchase?

By chad

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160723_230518 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago

2015 in my hard CL hustling days - basically searching every 30 minutes killing time at work. A pretty nice JD in Madison. DMD looked messed up and the game was pretty dirty but looked legit! Dude hand built motorcycles and bought it for the theme and to have a fun toy. It worked 100% and paid $1600. His phone was ringing off the hook but he was kind and honored my first contact.

Fixed the DMD board with a rebuild kit. A year later I saw him at a bar in Madison and said hi to him. He didn't remember me at first but I saw it click in his eyes and it was great!

#48 7 years ago

My best story was a garage sale ad in rural St. Louis. It mentioned some random crap and a pinball. Figured it was a junker of an EM but worth a shot. The woman who had the pinball was a friend of the poster. Got in touch with her and she had a T3, ES, and STTNG!!!

I get there, beautiful huge new house in the middle of nowhere. Chick got divorced and had to move out of the house, T3 and ES had to go. They were all hers! She loved STTNG and was keeping it!

I only had enough money for ES. Translite peeling, TONS of ball swirl and filthy but it worked 100%! Some moderate flirting and I think I got it for like $550? Best part is she had a walkout basement so I pulled my truck down and loaded it all by myself!

She aired some laundry and said they used to have a TAF that she loved, got in a fight with ex-husband and he took an axe to it

I did a major overhaul on it, cleared the playfield and it looked incredible!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-first-craigslist-pinball-purchase?tu=dudah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.