Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by madtown
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

The Winslow (resized).jpg
    gt 2 (resized).jpg
    5J5A5105A (resized).JPG
    5J5A5316A (resized).JPG
    5J5A4983A (resized).JPG
    5J5A4960A (resized).JPG
    5J5A4845A (resized).JPG
    6FF0E98B-3EA3-450C-8675-0B4FD56833F6 (resized).jpeg
    96028CC7-019D-4B04-9224-65B978E326A2 (resized).jpeg
    87984159-DFDE-4057-A319-6C7C5B145E42 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    efbce42bbfa52fb22c53dfd310fc3615e9b4ce9c (resized).jpg
    IMG_0346 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0304 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0235 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

With the quarantine, I can’t help but dream about our next vacation. What was your best or most memorable US vacation? Mine was with my kids. We did a road trip out to Yellowstone and saw all the sites along the way - Badlands, Wall Drug (haha), Custer, Mt. Rushmore, Deadwood, Devils Tower and then Yellowstone and Grand Teton. We had the nest time and my kids were the perfect age for the adventure. I always think that’s the best week I have ever had with my kids!

Probably fairly similar trip for us. We did Badlands, Wall Drug, Black Hills (cliff jumping), Mt. Rushmore, Devils Tower, Yellowstone (mud volcano, artists point, grand prismatic, old faithful), Grand Teton (two nights of camping), Bryce, Zion (narrows), Grand Canyon, and Lake Powell (boat rental). My brother-in-law was moving back to Phoenix and we were delivering one of his vehicles. The best part of the trip was not having to make the drive back.

I'm also a bit of a sucker for Las Vegas. We went with some friends a few years back and rented a suite at the MGM Grand. That was the first time I've ever stayed in a suite and it honestly seemed like a good value, since we didn't have to pay the three resort amenity fees if we all booked our own rooms. The VIP check in was a bit funny. We wanted a fridge to put our booze in, so asked the guy at check-in. He asked, "Do you have any medication you need to keep cold." I quickly answered, "No." Thankfully he asked again, "Are you sure you don't have any medication that you need to keep cold." Picking up on it, my wife say's "Yes, we need a fridge to keep our medication cold." With a bit of a wink he says, "Okay, I'll have a fridge sent right up for your medication." Then my wife asks, "Is there anything else like the medical fridge we might want to ask you?" He was great and says, "Well your room is a bit late and if you were to tell me you are unhappy about that, I'd be able to provide you with some gift cards to get a nice dinner." Hmmm..."Now that we think about it we are a bit unhappy with the wait." Just like that he adds $100 in credit to our cards. It was just a really great start to our vacation. Lots of other fun stories from that trip, including sneaking into a private club when my friend was able to snap a picture of the guest list. We returned with the correct names and they let us right in. Free food, free drinks, free band...it was a pretty epic "only in Vegas" night.

Best in-state trip for me has been Door County in Wisconsin. Cave Point is one of my favorite parks. It's not a huge park, but there is a rustic trail along the lake. When the lake is rough the waves come crashing over the 15 foot cliffs, which is impressive to see. When the lake is calm there is an area where you can do some cliff jumping, which is something my family enjoys. There is also an old school drive-in, which is a fun spot to take the kids. The double header when we went was Karate Kid and Ghostbusters. Obviously lots of other stuff including the restaurants, camping, B&Bs, beaches, cherry orchards, parks, boating, light houses, etc.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Door County is a hidden secret...
    We go every year. Truly a wonder all it's own.

I don't go every year, but I've been a few times. It wasn't much of a secret this year. It's the busiest I've ever seen it. I think with COVID more people are looking for outdoor activities.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-best-us-vacation?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.