(Topic ID: 253738)

What was the first pinball game you ever played?

By fatality83

57 days ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by Pinslot
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180722_193703.jpg
    F9BA2581-B795-47C0-BDE6-7DC7B7841995 (resized).jpeg
    gyp (resized).jpg
    51A7F095-68B3-494D-B3AD-F288362BC124 (resized).jpeg
    JMFields (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 57 days ago

Just curious what was everyone's first pinball game they remember playing. Mine was T-2. I am 36 and bowled on a youth league when I was younger. They had a small arcade in the back with an assortment of games that were rotated out often. I do remember them having some type of older mid 80's Williams pin but don't remember what it was. They had more video games then anything and growing up in that era, that is what I gravitated to more. Mortal Kombat, Cruising USA, Killer instinct were all video games I remember them having and I loved playing. One day they swapped in a T-2 pinball. The artwork was cool looking and it got me interested. I tried playing it several times and was never good at it. My quarters would only last a minute or so and I had no technique (still don't). I remember watching some older kids play it and shooting the cannon which I thought was so cool and I wanted to do that so bad and get multi ball like they did but never could on the game. Games were 50ยข but I sucked and still blew through lots of my parents money on it. I still preferred videos though over pinball, mainly because I was better at video games. Wasn't until many years later that I played my 2nd pin, an Addams family that I started to really enjoy pinball.

So what is everyone's first pinball they remember playing? Were you hooked on it from the first time or did it take many different games to get bitten by the pinball bug?

#23 57 days ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I remember first playing pinball in the bowling alley when my dad would bowl on Wednesday nights. They had 4 pins of which Sinbad was one I played a lot. I was given a dollar each week to use as I chose. Back then most machines had an option for 1 game for a dime and I was hooked. After months of bugging my parents, they actually bought me a pinball machine which I still have for 40+ years. Hi Deal is almost family.[quoted image]

Awesome story, hope you hold on that thing forever

#41 57 days ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

First one I can distinctly remember playing is a WCS at a bowling alley near my grandparents house in Philly. I must have been three or four so this would have been around 1996-97.

Wow I bet that was a great first game to have your first pinball experience on. Lots going on in that game. Probably seemed like a fantasy land for a 3 or 4 year old

#42 57 days ago
    Quoted from Pinmasher:

My dad had a Rancho and a Fathom I grew up playing, coolest part was they were in my bedroom! Did not play much until a few years back when I seen a couple machines for sale in a auction and got em for cheap. Now I am addicted!

I think if I had pinball machines in my bedroom when I was growing up first of all I would never get any sleep or get anything done for that matter and lastely my love of pinball would of probably started much earlier then it did

#43 57 days ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

Comet. A go-kart track around the corner from my uncle Tim's house had it and a few others. When the place went tits up he bought the Comet from them and it sat in his basement until just over 3 years ago when I bought it from him. I'm lucky enough to have the actual physical first pin I ever played back when I was 8 years old (Turn 41 in a few weeks)
    Still a fun game to play to this day.

Awesome, that is a game you have to hold onto for sure.

#45 57 days ago
    Quoted from flipordie:

Earthshaker and i thought i broke the machine lol... i was probably like 12 at the time. When it started to rumble it blew my mind.

lolol, I can imagine. I played a Dr Who at White rose for the first time, when that elevator part when up, I nearly crapped myself. Can't imagine how I would of reacted seeing something like that as a youngster. I remember being blown away by Addams family the power when I was about 21

#82 54 days ago

Very interesting to hear all the stories. Keep em coming. Also surprised to see that a lot more people then I ever imagined had games in their own home or knew someone that did. For me I never knew anyone that had these games in their home. I remember always thinking how cool it would be to own one but as a young kid figured it would never be possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 88.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatality83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside