(Topic ID: 158316)

What was the first game that you sold from your collection & why?

By pinwiztom

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ry%3D480_(resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Bride of pinbot. Horrible game imo.

I agree, but BOP 2.0 is a different story.

#52 7 years ago

Williams Grand Prix, bought in 1984. But sold when I got into DMD games and needed room. Regret the sale and am on the lookout for a fully restored example.

#53 7 years ago

I had the same Grand Prix three times. Hard to get over those spinners. Next came Hokus Pokus, and then it was on to Fun Park. Best EM spinner game so far...

#54 7 years ago

First pin I ever bought was a project Attila the Hun. I knew nothing of pinball so gave it to friend's tech. I purchased it in a lot of arcades I was routing at the time. Sadly it was parted as it was an electrical nightmare but at least it recycled into other machines.
    I then purchased a Flash Gordon off of Ebay and even though it was the worst condition, I kept it for about 2 years then sold it to put money towards other pins in better condition.

#55 7 years ago

Hmmm.... some technicalities here...

First GAME I ever got rid of was 11-8-1998, a Battlezone video game that I didn't sell but parted out. Why? Because it was falling apart.

First GAME I ever "kind of" sold was 5-1-1999, an Asteroids cocktail video game that I traded for a Bubbles video game. Why? Because cocktails stink and Bubbles is cool.

First GAME I ever outright sold was 7-5-1999, a PacMan cocktail that was converted to a Free Kick. Why? Because it was a Free Kick and the guy was paying me money for it.

A tie for the first PINBALL game I ever sold was 1-25-2003, a Night Rider that I got in a small bulk deal two weeks earlier. And sold to the same person, a Sound Stage that I got a week earlier. Why (for both)? MONEY.

How's that for some record keeping?

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#56 7 years ago

X-Files
    I learned never to buy a game based on theme alone. The gameplay and build quality just did not hold up with the other games I had at the time.

#57 7 years ago

The first game I ever sold from my collection?
    I can't remember.
    Why I sold it?
    It wasn't worth remembering.

Steve

#58 7 years ago

AFM and RS... cuzz I traded for a LOTR. I wanted a LOTR bad

#59 7 years ago

The first game I sold was the first game I ever owned: Data East Star Wars. I felt like I had seen and done all that the original software had to offer and I used the cash (plus some) to buy a very clean LOTR. The increase in fun factor was amazing!

#60 7 years ago

WMS Laser Ball. It was the prize for winning the local Mall tournament when The Who's Tommy stage production was travelling around the country. The grand prize was advertised as a pinball machine valued at $500. This was in the early 90s and Laser Balls (with a solid repainted cabinet) weren't near worth $500. It wasn't long until I could crush the score at will and had my sights on more entertaining games. Plus all the phalluses in the artwork shooting spheres of something at me was a bit of a turn off. Cool backglass art though. I think that one left to make room for Amazing Spider Man from Gottlieb...which also eventually got culled.

#61 7 years ago

Elektra. Had to sell it to put a System 11 (Pinbot) in the collection. Elektra is one of the games I sold that I still miss, it has such a great ruleset.

ry%3D480_(resized).jpgry%3D480_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #62 7 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Elektra. Had to sell it to put a System 11 (Pinbot) in the collection. Elektra is one of the games I sold that I still miss, it has such a great ruleset.

Agree. It has the best rules up to that point in pinball history.

And to pile on to that sentiment, the lower play field game integration is so much better than in ACDCPREM!

#63 7 years ago

I sold a '79 Stern "Hot Hand" to my neighbor for $500, about 10 years ago. I didn't like the game, but it's still the only pin he owns, and the only one he wants.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-the-first-game-that-you-sold-from-your-collection-why/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.