3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

drama-bad-mmkay_(resized).jpg
    grammar-police_(resized).jpg
    is-it-plugged-in_(resized).jpg
    playin_pinball-in_river_(resized).jpg
    destroying-em-pinball-machines_(resized).jpg
    monolith-action_figure_(resized).jpg
    2001_a_space_odyssey-pic_(resized).jpg
    2001-monolith-pic_(resized).png
    free_shaker_(resized).png
    40years_(resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

My personal opinion is that a ban of the top 1% of problem children would result in 99% of the drama going away. It's always the same people causing problems, it seems. It then spreads to others who wouldn't normally react.

I am not lobbying for the above, however. I am neutral.

#52 3 years ago

I have been on since 2003 I remember coming on and checking out ratings on games, and rating games. Looking at potential pricing and so on on the splash screen. It was easy to get a feel for a game without actually playing it. I would get excited to try to find these titles and figure out how to get one. I remember when the forum started , I posted a lot more back then, got some great advice and passed around some too. I had some good relationships with people here, many who are now long gone and I hardly post any more because God forbid you say something or start a thread someone else already posted, you get killed for it. People in general were more helpful, patient and friendly and there was way less drama. When I think about it I suppose it seemed more about the games themselves then anything else.

#53 3 years ago

I've been a member here for nearly six years since March 2010. The biggest thing I have noticed is how many more postings there are on the forum now compared with when I first joined. There is no possible way that I can even try to read every thread these days. I remember that it was commented upon if there were over 200 members online at once!

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

My personal opinion is that a ban of the top 1% of problem children would result in 99% of the drama going away. It's always the same people causing problems, it seems. It then spreads to others who wouldn't normally react.
    I am not lobbying for the above, however. I am neutral.

I've got a Pinside feature request. We need a top 20 Most Infamous Pinsiders list. These are the pinsiders that most others have ignored, along with a count how many users have ignored them. Then there could be a configuration option that everyone could just turn on "Ignore most infamous users".

Most likely you wouldn't have to ban anyone, they'd just go away because no one would be reading their posts.

Of course, there'll be a bunch of cry babies on here saying it's unfair to "out" how many ignores someone has received. Fine, the feature can still work. Just remove the list. Pinside can keep the people on the list hidden, and can manage a fully ranked list, top 100 or even top 1000. Then the user can have a configuration option choosing how many of the top infamous users they want ignored. "I want # top infamous users ignored."

Problem solved...

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I've got a Pinside feature request. We need a top 20 Most Infamous Pinsiders list. These are the pinsiders that most others have ignored, along with a count how many users have ignored them. Then there could be a configuration option that everyone could just turn on "Ignore most infamous users".

Uh-oh...

#56 3 years ago

Here's an early pic of Pinsider's founders:

Ankjaer (seated), Sidtze, Malva, Sascha, Alryda, and who can forget Lesbia.

free_shaker_(resized).png

#57 3 years ago

The early years:
    Need for and development of tools:
    Then the Dark Ages:
    On to marketing and progressive years:
    Then the wtf era:
    Worldwide Online Communication Age:
    Troubleshooting assistance:
    Police state:

#58 3 years ago

I Would like to add the perspective from a long time ( 1993 ) RGP lurker ( someone whom views but did not post to avoid conflict ) . Pinside was by far a more civil site than RGP when started . RGP better from technical support point of view . The rise of Pinside occurred as the pinball market completed the change from a primary " operator " market target to the " homeowner " focus today . This drives the growth of total number of participants here . Flamefests were not uncommon but subject matter argued over was somewhat different ( mods , paint cabinets , decals , aftermarket cosmetics etc are newer subjects ). Then as now the arguments have driven some good people from the discussion boards . Enjoy your day ! Shane

#59 3 years ago

7 years ago... simple...

more tits and less boobs

#60 3 years ago

Interesting enough, I resisted the move from RGP to Pinside for a long time. Even when people kept telling me I had to go. Well I finally did and was impressed from day one. Not to mention it has come a long way

#61 3 years ago

I am also from RGP (circa 2003 initially) and while I mainly lurked with the odd tech question and response from Lloyd, I am quite pleased with pinside. I'm sure I lurked here and was a much later sign up.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The early years:
    Need for and development of tools:
    Then the Dark Ages:
    On to marketing and progressive years:
    Then the wtf era:
    Worldwide Online Communication Age:
    Troubleshooting assistance:
    Police state:

this gets my vote for post of the year.

#63 3 years ago

I remember signing up almost 6 years ago and it was pretty slow. This was before Robin created the em hangout.

#64 3 years ago

It was great with a bunch of people that were generally friendly and drama free. And always willing to help.

I'm just glad there is ignore and drain topic functions now. And that's not an insult to pinside. It's great you can weed out what doesn't interest you. Because there is a post or new thread every second now. Instead of a couple a day.

#65 3 years ago

When I first posted on Pinside there were only 10-25 people online at a time. However, those 10-25 pinheads would openly provide their help to anyone that needed it.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

I've been a member here for nearly six years since March 2010. The biggest thing I have noticed is how many more postings there are on the forum now compared with when I first joined. There is no possible way that I can even try to read every thread these days. I remember that it was commented upon if there were over 200 members online at once!

I was gonna say I remember even three years ago when I first joined the forum really started picking up, and people would post so often about how many people we're logged on at once. Haha. I actually still think about that almost every time I visit the forum.

#67 3 years ago

Also spent many years lurking and learning on RGP. Totally forgot i had signed up here. Took me a while to come up with the password again. Still enjoy the game!!! BTW what ever happened to that Gary the gold guy?

#68 3 years ago

I learned how to fix machines on pinside back then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 224.99
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside