3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by donjagra
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

drama-bad-mmkay_(resized).jpg
    grammar-police_(resized).jpg
    is-it-plugged-in_(resized).jpg
    playin_pinball-in_river_(resized).jpg
    destroying-em-pinball-machines_(resized).jpg
    monolith-action_figure_(resized).jpg
    2001_a_space_odyssey-pic_(resized).jpg
    2001-monolith-pic_(resized).png
    free_shaker_(resized).png
    40years_(resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I'm looking at Pinsiders that have been around before me, basically I was a member 11 years ago. But I can't find any old posts, seems like 7 years is as far back as it goes.

I was a member back in the day but just started posting a lot like 4 years ago. I don't recall if this was a much different format like a bulletin board or why no posts exist beyond 7 years time.

Unless there's an archive of old posts somewhere?

#2 3 years ago

I remember 5 years ago when their were only about 40 people signed on a time and 100 was considered insane. Thats changed!!! lol

#3 3 years ago

would love to know

#4 3 years ago

I'd like to read my old posts at the time I was a real noob

Also be nice to read if any discussions of PotC and LotR and whatnot when they came out.

#5 3 years ago

So here's a thread from Robbin 7 years ago but contains broken links like stuff is lost in the either from beyond that time?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/csi-24-what-will-be-the-next-stern

#6 3 years ago

I've been a member for 10 years and I remember that there was no forum back then. It was primarily a place to go and post ratings for machines and check out pics and info. It wasn't until a few years later that the forum began and I remember it being pretty dead the first few years. I would check it but the topics would rarely change. RGP was always the place to go for pinball conversation. Seems like it wasn't until about 5-6 years ago that it really took off and people started migrating away from RGP and posting here.

#7 3 years ago

And a blocked user is 1/3 of the thread!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I've been a member for 10 years and I remember that there was no forum back then. It was primarily a place to go and post ratings for machines and check out pics and info. It wasn't until a few years later that the forum began and I remember it being pretty dead the first few years. I would check it but the topics would rarely change. RGP was always the place to go for pinball conversation. Seems like it wasn't until about 5-6 years ago that it really took off and people started migrating away from RGP and posting here.

Ok that makes sense. My gray matter must've deteriorated in that time.

I wonder when posting started 7 years is all I can find, also too bad Ribbin doesn't time stamp these posts, I mean a thread can say one year ago it might be 20 months for all we know but for the days inactive at the end notes.

#9 3 years ago

I think Tron was the newest game coming out when I started up so who knows what happened 3 years before that

#10 3 years ago

newsgroups where dropped by ISP's years ago the pay newsgroups servers where setup with downloading files in mind.

http://www.vpforums.org is at 7 years+ replceing the old forum that came before that.

#11 3 years ago

I wasn't around then, but I'd have to imagine a lot less pissy.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I think Tron was the newest game coming out when I started up so who knows what happened 3 years before that

Did everyone scoff at the photoshop art and complain about the insane MSRP?

#13 3 years ago

This lets you see what the page actually looked like. Could only get the forums page back to 2008

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217112150/http://pinside.com/pinball/forum

You can change the date by clicking the timeline at the top

#14 3 years ago

It was peaceful and a topic took 2 days to get to the bottom of the page.

#15 3 years ago

When was Pinside born?

#16 3 years ago

Back in the day before pinball was overrun by a bunch of spoiled whiny mama's boys that grew up playing Nintendo.

#17 3 years ago

I remember back 40 years ago;
    OMG another western themed game from Gottlieb
    Bally's new 4 color process backglases, why can't the other guys keep up?
    Computers in pInball machines?:Bring back reels

#19 3 years ago

It will be 11 years for me on Feb,13th. I remember clicking the surprise me button, and learning about all the obscure machines I had never seen before. I never really communicated or participated in a forum, I couldn't even tell you if there was a forum... It was all so long ago.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pincrazy:

When was Pinside born?

November 1st, 2002. I signed up in September of 2003 and there was no forum back then. Completely forgot I had an account until a few years ago.

#21 3 years ago

More boobs. Less Beelzeboob.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I remember back 40 years ago

40years_(resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

There use to be an orange top header only.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I wonder when posting started 7 years is all I can find, also too bad Ribbin doesn't time stamp these posts, I mean a thread can say one year ago it might be 20 months for all we know but for the days inactive at the end notes.

If you click where it says "1 Year Ago" it'll show the actually timestamp.

#25 3 years ago

3 years, in Eleven days it says. Although I did notice my date changing occasionally in the past.

#26 3 years ago

I hear 7 years ago Robin was 7 years younger... but that's just a rumor.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Back in the day before pinball was overrun by a bunch of spoiled whiny mama's boys that grew up playing Nintendo.

Hey I grew up playing Nintendo. Can't I be into pinball now that I'm growing old?

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

Hey I grew up playing Nintendo. Can't I be into pinball now that I'm growing old?

I guess so. But don't count on J-pop to help you re live your youth.

#30 3 years ago

I signed up nearly 10 years ago and not much was going on. I came back around 2 years ago and also had forgotten I had an account.

#31 3 years ago

My member's been around for a long time. Much longer than pinside. But I'm glad to be a member.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from WIKED:

I signed up nearly 10 years ago and not much was going on. I came back around 2 years ago and also had forgotten I had an account.

The first Aussie to sign up maybe ?

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrDucks:

If you click where it says "1 Year Ago" it'll show the actually timestamp.

Learn something new everyday.

#34 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/page/1428

Here are the threads from 6 and 7 years ago.

So innocent.....

#35 3 years ago

It wasn't rec.games.pinball Unfortunately it seems most of those have made it over here now.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Back in the day all we had were EM's & we liked them. ............ still do.

#37 3 years ago

Back in the day, all we had was "Parlor Bagatelle". I still play mine once in a while!

#38 3 years ago

My earliest memory of being on a pinball forum was back when RGP was still relevant. That was back in 2004, and I was in 8th grade or so. I only had one game, and it was one that I trash picked from my neighbors house. I remember I'd try so hard to be part of whatever the conversation was going on, but I was still so new and fresh in the pinball scene, I probably just looked like a clown.

I sorta wish I jumped on the pinside bandwagon sooner. Would've been cool to be part of the seasoned crowd.

#39 3 years ago

That's my birthday! Great day!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I'd like to read my old posts at the time I was a real noob
    Also be nice to read if any discussions of PotC and LotR and whatnot when they came out.

Go look on RGP. Can you read what people thought TAF when it came out as well. Makes for some interesting reads.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

RGP was always the place to go for pinball conversation. Seems like it wasn't until about 5-6 years ago that it really took off and people started migrating away from RGP and posting here.

Single handily by Frank Furhter. It's sad cause the RGP was the best place for technical help. Pinside has a lot of knowledgeable people however between the volume of posts made and all the drama I think it keeps a lot of these people from participating.

#43 3 years ago

I have been on Pinside for a long time. I was way different than is is now.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

I wasn't around then, but I'd have to imagine a lot less pissy.

When I joined in 2011, my main observation of this site was how nice and civil everybody was. There was almost no arguing and when there was, it was usually settled quickly.
    That changed maybe a year later. I say stuff on here now that I never would have dreamed of back then.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I say stuff on here now that I never would have dreamed of back then.

And you're proud of that?

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

And you're proud of that?

Did I say that I was?

#47 3 years ago

is that you,Frank n Furter!!!???!!!

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

They do have a time stamp. Click on the "7 years ago" for Robin's post in that thread and it says 10/24/2008.

#49 3 years ago

Pinside's bday is 11-18-02. The 18th of November should be a holiday, of sorts.

#50 3 years ago

The good old days:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removed-some-topicsusers

Looking back maybe it should have been called Pleasantville Pinside:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 269.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside