(Topic ID: 293681)

What Vault title do you want from Stern in 2021 or 2022?

By VMAX

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Llotr_ka_hr_rgb (resized).jpg
    licensed-image (resized).jpeg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 2 years ago

What would be amazing is if they vaulted LoTR and got around the movie assets by doing it Lego style.

Give us a layout people enjoy in a fresh new way we haven't seen in Pinball yet....while opening the door for a new evergreen partner for more licensed games in the future.

Llotr_ka_hr_rgb (resized).jpgLlotr_ka_hr_rgb (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #53 2 years ago

Tron...the only game I have ever regretted selling.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

What would be amazing is if they vaulted LoTR and got around the movie assets by doing it Lego style.

I’d be interested to hear what the masses say on this one. I would love a LoTR vault, but have zero interest in a Lego version.

#56 2 years ago

Tron or Tspp I’d buy.

#57 2 years ago

I’d want Tron

2 weeks later
    #58 2 years ago

I’m new to pinball so I’ve missed some awesome games. I’ve heard lots of great things about The Walking Dead. I’d love a comic vault edition similar to the Spider-Man vault. I’m partial to the comics vs the show.

#59 2 years ago

GB

#60 2 years ago

I'd go lord of the rings

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup.
    Probably time for another Simpsons game too. Can’t wait for the “where’s Apu?!” Posts.

Simpsons and Futurama have put out too many bad seasons to be viable pinball licenses. The brand is just not that healthy anymore.

If they vault Aerosmith, I think it would be cool to touch up the 3D toybox animations. Specifically, those things seem to my eyes to have a noticeably low frames-per-second count.

1 week later
    #62 2 years ago

I desperately want a GhostBusters and Walking Dead vault.

#63 2 years ago

I would like to see kiss

#64 2 years ago

I think that a new version of Tron with updated Stern flippers and LCD graphics could be very appealing for a vault remake.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

If by vault they modernized an older game with an lcd screen then sure, otherwise can't say I care for vaults of the dmd era anymore. There was a time I would have like some older games re-released but I guess I just prefer the new stuff now.

LCD doesn't set the bar that high, especially on sterns...

#66 2 years ago

Ghostbusters vault if its tweeked and hopefully a lcd screen !!!

#67 2 years ago

kiss or tron

#68 2 years ago

LOTR is the obvious choice since prices are way up there now.

Game is a classic so they need to be careful what they do.

If they change the game or do any dopey niche art (like lego) count me out.

Comic art could be cool if its done right.

#69 2 years ago

Stargazer or Quicksilver .

Shane

#70 2 years ago

There's about zero chance Stern is going to do a DMD vault and add a LCD screen.

#71 2 years ago

LOTR would do very well.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

There's about zero chance Stern is going to do a DMD vault and add a LCD screen.

True, yet people won’t give up on this dream.

I just don’t think folks realize the time and resources that go into lcd programming, it’s miles beyond what DMD required.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True, yet people won’t give up on this dream.
    I just don’t think folks realize the time and resources that go into lcd programming, it’s miles beyond what DMD required.

It might make sense someday in the further future where rather than "vaults" they sell "remasters" of older dmd games, kind of like how video games now sell remasters of older games which are heavily redone. But I feel that's some years away and may only make sense once we have some other tech leap as well to really differentiate the remasters from the older versions.

#75 2 years ago

Finished code for Wheel of Fortune

1 month later
    #76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

It might make sense someday in the further future where rather than "vaults" they sell "remasters" of older dmd games, kind of like how video games now sell remasters of older games which are heavily redone. But I feel that's some years away and may only make sense once we have some other tech leap as well to really differentiate the remasters from the older versions.

This is what I envisage for Tron Legacy. They'll re-make it with the same cabinet decals, add some foil like Iron Man, same playfield, tweaked translite design and new LCD. Pricing will be Premium and numbers limited.

TAKE. MY. MONEY.

#77 2 years ago

South Park

#78 2 years ago

I'm wanting a vault LOTR. I've played the game and love it. I 'm still hoping that around the LOTR anniversary it might actually happen. Or if not a vault, a revisit of it. I would love the play field to have a bit more something to it ...in the right way. I could see falling in love with a Randy Martinez edition.

....and TRON. I've never seen one in real life but I did see the original movie in theaters when I was a kid and have been a fan since. For all the hype it gets, and the demand for it, having a vault edition may be the only way I actually see one.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

Stern wouldn’t leave money on the table. That’s y the started doing vaults and y cgc is doing what they are doing. Easy targets are tron and lotr. Y not throw in a Metallica as well. Short run of Twd when the show ends. Heck throw in kiss as well.

I’ll take a smooch from ole gare bear!

10 months later
    #80 1 year ago

Stranger Things Premium and Tron LE

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-vault-title-do-you-want-from-stern-in-2021-or-2022/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.