(Topic ID: 293681)

What Vault title do you want from Stern in 2021 or 2022?

By VMAX

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Llotr_ka_hr_rgb (resized).jpg
    licensed-image (resized).jpeg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I don’t see a modern title from 2010-present that needs to be Vaulted that hasn’t already been done.

I’d call for The Lord of the Rings or The Simpsons Pinball Party (Halloween version?).

#2 2 years ago

I think stern is out of the vault business for a good while.

It’s just not needed at this point. The new stuff is selling very well, they are back ordered, so why do they need to spool up the line to sell some old DMD games?

I just don’t see it. More likely you’ll see more “vault” titles that are just reruns of earlier LCD games. Remember “Star Trek vault?” It’ll be kind of like that and won’t really excite anybody.

#3 2 years ago

Right, vault editions are to fill production voids. Runs are like 6 months + Out right now so not anytime soon.

#4 2 years ago

Stern wouldn’t leave money on the table. That’s y the started doing vaults and y cgc is doing what they are doing. Easy targets are tron and lotr. Y not throw in a Metallica as well. Short run of Twd when the show ends. Heck throw in kiss as well.

#5 2 years ago

How many actual “vaults” were there anyway?

I count two, iron man and Star Trek. Spider man doesn’t count as it was reskinned and only available as a premium. And Star Trek doesn’t really count, as it was Star Trek. I mean, who was asking for a Star Trek vault? Maybe a few distributors but nobody around ind here wanted
    it, that’s always been an easy game to find.

So that leaves iron man as one true “vault” - a game that was in extremely high demand, had been out of production for a long time, and going for well over “face value” - made in 10 years.

Besides that game, nothing like it has ever been “vaulted.” So why are people still clinging to the idea that Tron, Simpson’s, or LOTR is gonna be “vaulted?”

I just don’t see it happening. Ever. And the further away from the DMD era we get, the less likely it’s gonna be. Basically, if you want to see old DMD games “vaulted,” people are gonna need to stop buying the new/current games, and doesn’t look like that’s happening any time soon.

#6 2 years ago

LOTR or GB would be awesome. With GB they could fix the complaints pretty easily.

#7 2 years ago

Tron

#8 2 years ago

Tron is probably the most requested. License renewal must be pricey. No reason to run a vault if the current licenses are selling like gangbusters.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think stern is out of the vault business for a good while.
    It’s just not needed at this point. The new stuff is selling very well, they are back ordered, so why do they need to spool up the line to sell some old DMD games?
    I just don’t see it. More likely you’ll see more “vault” titles that are just reruns of earlier LCD games. Remember “Star Trek vault?” It’ll be kind of like that and won’t really excite anybody.

I hope you’re wrong. And Stern has done vault editions the past several years with production of new titles at peak production and sales. I can the gravy train continuing by doing a vault edition each year.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Right, vault editions are to fill production voids. Runs are like 6 months + Out right now so not anytime soon.

As I understand it, vault editions are to resupply popular titles and recaptialize on another version.

Stern has done a vault for the last few years of huge production for regular titles. 2019 gave us 5 new titles plus 2 vault editions.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from busa32927:

Stern wouldn’t leave money on the table. That’s y the started doing vaults and y cgc is doing what they are doing. Easy targets are tron and lotr. Y not throw in a Metallica as well. Short run of Twd when the show ends. Heck throw in kiss as well.

Agreed.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

What Vault title do you want from Stern in 2021 or 2022?

Mustang ... EV Edition!

licensed-image (resized).jpeglicensed-image (resized).jpeg

#13 2 years ago

Big buck hunter

#14 2 years ago

All depends on how many old parts they have laying around.....

#15 2 years ago

GB Vault

#17 2 years ago

Yeah, with a long backlog of orders I am not sure why they would vault anything. Plus, having older games selling for higher $$ helps them in the long run. It helps them push up prices and keeps up the narrative that machines are "investments."

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How many actual “vaults” were there anyway?
    I count two, iron man and Star Trek. Spider man doesn’t count as it was reskinned and only available as a premium. And Star Trek doesn’t really count, as it was Star Trek. I mean, who was asking for a Star Trek vault? Maybe a few distributors but nobody around ind here wanted
    it, that’s always been an easy game to find.
    So that leaves iron man as one true “vault” - a game that was in extremely high demand, had been out of production for a long time, and going for well over “face value” - made in 10 years.
    Besides that game, nothing like it has ever been “vaulted.” So why are people still clinging to the idea that Tron, Simpson’s, or LOTR is gonna be “vaulted?”
    I just don’t see it happening. Ever. And the further away from the DMD era we get, the less likely it’s gonna be. Basically, if you want to see old DMD games “vaulted,” people are gonna need to stop buying the new/current games, and doesn’t look like that’s happening any time soon.

Iron Man 2020
    Star Wars Comic Art
    Batman ‘66 Catwoman
    Star Trek
    AC/DC LUCI
    Spider-Man Comic Art (definitely a vault)
    Iron Man 2014

Maybe others.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Mustang ... EV Edition!

[quoted image]

They’d sell dozens.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

Iron Man 2020
    Star Wars Comic Art
    Batman ‘66 Catwoman
    Star Trek
    AC/DC LUCI
    Spider-Man Comic Art (definitely a vault)
    Iron Man 2014
    Maybe others.

I forgot about acdc! Good call. I’d put that and Iron man as the only “true” vaults as they pertain to this discussion.

The rest seem like reaches to me, if you are trying to connect the dots to “LOTR could be next!”

Just don’t see ‘em happening. Maybe you’ll get Aerosmith.

I really think stern is out of the DMD business.

#21 2 years ago

“Orbitor 1” Mars Vault Edition

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I forgot about acdc! Good call. I’d put that and Iron man as the only “true” vaults as they pertain to this discussion.
    The rest seem like reaches to me, if you are trying to connect the dots to “LOTR could be next!”
    Just don’t see ‘em happening. Maybe you’ll get Aerosmith.
    I really think stern is out of the DMD business.

You could be right. I’m just hoping you’re wrong. I’d like to see one vault edition per year like they’ve been giving us. The SAM-to-Spike and DMD-to-LCD would definitely be some work to make happen.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

“Orbitor 1” Mars Vault Edition

Goin’ waaaaay back. Orbitor is SO weird. Hard to play.

#25 2 years ago

This qualifies as archeology. LOL.

#27 2 years ago

Tron, LOTR, and TSPP would sell well, but o agree Stern is at the point where they don’t need to look back to keep the line going...at least not in 2021.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get an entirely redone LOTRs at some juncture with an LCD, possibly keeping the original layout and toys. Heck, if Stern doesn’t do another LOTRs another manufacturer is going to scoop up that license for sure.

#28 2 years ago

Stargazer

#29 2 years ago

I’d be in on either a LOTR or GB. I can’t see them doing Tron before either of those two.

#30 2 years ago

Lotr LCD vault with all new movie assets would be killah

#31 2 years ago

Don’t see them running vaults ever again. Production backlog and cranking out games fast.

#32 2 years ago

Kiss

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Don’t see them running vaults ever again. Production backlog and cranking out games fast.

There may be a shortage of good licenses at some point. That's when we'll see a vault, maybe. Although streaming creating so many good shows has opened up so many license options for Stern. Think TWD, Sth, and even Mando.

#36 2 years ago

Ghostbusters

#37 2 years ago

Kiss Pro
    GOT Prem w hand drawn art

#38 2 years ago

stern still makes whitestar boards. so any game on system is possible.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get an entirely redone LOTRs at some juncture with an LCD, possibly keeping the original layout and toys. Heck, if Stern doesn’t do another LOTRs another manufacturer is going to scoop up that license for sure.

It'll be an entirely new game based on the Amazon series. They aren't afraid to revisit a license (AIQ, Mando).

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It'll be an entirely new game based on the Amazon series. They aren't afraid to revisit a license (AIQ, Mando).

Yup.

Probably time for another Simpsons game too. Can’t wait for the “where’s Apu?!” Posts.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from VMAX:

As I understand it, vault editions are to resupply popular titles and recaptialize on another version.
    Stern has done a vault for the last few years of huge production for regular titles. 2019 gave us 5 new titles plus 2 vault editions.

Those are true statements, but when there are no production voids then why bother? Unless there is an existing backlog of components for a particular title, I see not vaults for at least another year.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Those are true statements, but when there are no production voids then why bother? Unless there is an existing backlog of components for a particular title, I see not vaults for at least another year.

The main reason I can think of it pure easy profit on a machine that doesn’t require from-scratch resources. The “bold new graphics” business model.

But you may be right. I’m just hoping we continue to get one vault each year.

#43 2 years ago

Simpsons, Lotr with better art, and GB with standard flipper gap

#44 2 years ago

I betcha it will be deadpool.

#45 2 years ago

The Simpsons!! Id immediately make room.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

And they’d leave the Jackson trilogy IP intact for JJP, Spooky, AP or CGC to utilize? Someone’ll eventually get canned over that decision...

#47 2 years ago
    #48 2 years ago

If by vault they modernized an older game with an lcd screen then sure, otherwise can't say I care for vaults of the dmd era anymore. There was a time I would have like some older games re-released but I guess I just prefer the new stuff now.

#49 2 years ago

Metallica Road Case

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

And they’d leave the Jackson trilogy IP intact for JJP, Spooky, AP or CGC to utilize? Someone’ll eventually get canned over that decision...

It's already there, go for it. They don't have to wait for Stern to make the "wrong game." JJP made Hobbit when they had the chance, not LOTR. My guess is all companies would prefer to license the new show once it's up & running.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-vault-title-do-you-want-from-stern-in-2021-or-2022 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.