(Topic ID: 320384)

What Unloved Pinball Game do you Think is Great?

By BriannaWu

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lathroum
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9F1D8735-7922-4BDB-B844-E2A2756BD7F9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220814_001124 (resized).jpg
    Stern Mustang LE (resized).png
    20220813_072259 (resized).jpg
    There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Look. We all agree Godzilla is great. Twilight Zone. STTNG. T2. Tron. These are obvious choices for a game room.

But the best value in pins are the underappreciated games that you find fun to play when no one else does. Maybe it's just fun for you. Maybe it didn't have a wide enough run to get more attention.

For me, that game is 24. Y'all, this game is SO GOOD and no one knows about it! It's a Steve Richie design, so the flow is excellent. The code is straightforward - but it's the easy missions that make it so good. I will grant you that the sound design and callouts are some of the worst ever made in a Stern. But, that's the flaw that makes the game so charming.

[EDIT: Please tell people WHY you love the game! Maybe you'll sell them on giving it a go!]

#3 1 year ago

Bksor pro

#4 1 year ago

I've never heard of it! What makes it so good!

#5 1 year ago

Laser War

Simple on its face, rules have some depth if you take the time to study them, awesome light show, stereo sound, fun layout.

Con's; Everyone hates the backglass art, call out's are low budget voice acting.

20220813_072259 (resized).jpg20220813_072259 (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago

Jungle Lord.
    Diamond Lady.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Laser War
    Simple on its face, rules have some depth if you take the time to study them, awesome light show, stereo sound, fun layout.
    Con's; Everyone hates the backglass art, call out's are low budget voice acting. [quoted image]

I've gotta say, that art transcends bad and boomerangs right back around to AWESOME. I have to play this one!

#8 1 year ago

Mustang Premium/LE

Stern Mustang LE (resized).pngStern Mustang LE (resized).png

#9 1 year ago

Always Gold Wings for me

#10 1 year ago

Hot Hand.

#11 1 year ago

Breakshot. Simple in design but shoots great and a real ass kicker when setup right. Plus the little flipper loop shot is so satisfying when you get on a roll.

Mad at myself for ignoring it for so long. Used to walk by it on location and never played it. It's been gone for two weeks now and I miss it the most of any game I've had the past few years besides F14.

#12 1 year ago

No Fear!!

#13 1 year ago

Road Kings

#14 1 year ago

Led Zeppelin (pre/LE). Many around here say it sucks, but this game has gotten steady play at my place and our group has loved it since day 1. It’s fast tough game, the music is Great, coding is well done, and the EM frenzy brings it to another level.

#15 1 year ago

Alien poker

#16 1 year ago

I like Junkyard. Don't know why, maybe its the bash wrecking ball. Maybe because the toilet isn't obnoxious like on South Park or Austin Powers.

#17 1 year ago

Shaq.

Love the vari-target and the upper playfield with the disk is a blast. Collecting all the hidden features is a challenge. And hitting the basket is great.

#18 1 year ago

The Hobbit .
    Has all the assets from 3 movies , great art , flow , sound / call outs , 31 different modes + 4 wizard modes , 4 skill shots , more drop targets and stand up targets than you can poke a stick at , pop up beasts , spinners , magnets , rollovers , diverters , subways , captive ball , gobble holes , great sculpts , chopping axes on slings and a Talking Dragon !!!
    Also one of the best moments in pinball , Killing Smaug .
    I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but it's a master piece of a game and one of the most unloved games .

#20 1 year ago

This comes up all the time.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-underrated-game

One thread about this was started literally less than a month ago.

#21 1 year ago

Dialed in. Game is incredible

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This comes up all the time.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/most-underrated-game
    One thread about this was started literally less than a month ago.

This thread is totally different , it's talking about unloved games

#23 1 year ago

Wheel of Fortune! The layout is excellent. Best skill shot. A treat for skilled players.

Gilligan's Island is another good one. The rotating Island is one of the best mechs in Pinball. Love the Volcano and collecting all the ingredients for the elixir. Looks great next to a tiki bar!

#26 1 year ago

Gilligan’s Island

#27 1 year ago

Naturally there’s probably a little bias here because my whole small collection seems to be from the Pinside cast-offs but I enjoy Transformers LE. Lots of mechs and the art/sound don’t bother me as much as it does many others.

#28 1 year ago

Those two links lead to hated and underrated , not unloved which is different .

#29 1 year ago

WWE

#31 1 year ago

Stern Star Wars

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m gonna start a “most unloved feature on Pinside”
    And the obvious winner will be the search function!

Well , you won't be the first .
    Using the search function .
    The OP has started the first thread with "unloved " in the title .

IMG_20220814_001124 (resized).jpgIMG_20220814_001124 (resized).jpg

#33 1 year ago

Most SEGA pinballs

#34 1 year ago

Unloved-under-rated(same thing)

Barbwire-to me has one of the best layouts in all of pinball. The theme kills it for many

X-MEN also does not receive the love it deserves. To me X-MEN blows away Deadpool-but people want the latest and greatest

Terminator 3-not talked about much but probably the best ramp game with the smooth steel ramps

Led Zeppelin got a bad reputation early on and many made an opinion without even playing one. 'It has no toys-it is stripped down-it is just a jukebox(from Kaneda),etc. Play a dialed in Premium or LE with a sub and then you can form an opinion.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Breakshot. Simple in design but shoots great and a real ass kicker when setup right. Plus the little flipper loop shot is so satisfying when you get on a roll.
    Mad at myself for ignoring it for so long. Used to walk by it on location and never played it. It's been gone for two weeks now and I miss it the most of any game I've had the past few years besides F14.

GAH! How did I not see this?!

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Unloved-under-rated(same thing)

Terminator 3-not talked about much but probably the best ramp game with the smooth steel ramps

Unloved - underrated are different , The Addams Family is unloved by lot of people but it's not underrated .
    +1 on Terminator 3 awesome game .

#37 1 year ago

Blackwater 100.....one just needs a bunch of games to discover its brilliance.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

The Addams Family is unloved by lot of people but it's not underrated

I disagree Adams is loved by many and is popular because of the love(honestly can't think of anyone that does not like)

BTW-I love Adams Family(it's the entire package)

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stern Star Wars

Is this game unloved? I know it got heat in the beginning but seems like people came around.

#40 1 year ago

I love Blackwater! So fun and really captures that moto feel.
    I love Genesis. Hmmm. I also have one for sale cheap.

#41 1 year ago

Toy Story 4 - dig everything about it

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Toy Story 4 - dig everything about it

I think Toy Story 4 is much like Stern Star Wars

Peoples perception of 'what the game should have been' has many dismissing it early on

As time goes by-many people will change their tune and open up. Stern Star Wars is a masterpiece and Toy Story is a fun game to play. If Toy Story was priced right-it might have had better reception.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I disagree Adams is loved by many and is popular because of the love(honestly can't think of anyone that does not like)
    BTW-I love Adams Family(it's the entire package)

I've heard a number of pinball media people say they don't like it , that's why I mentioned it , either way I still think there's a difference between unloved and underrated .

Edit - maybe woz is a better example , most people can appreciate what's in it but it's not loved by everyone .

#44 1 year ago

Toy Story sitting at like 150 in pinside ratings is a candidate.

Great game by Pat Lawlor. So much fun but $$$.

#45 1 year ago

I think we should leave new release games out of this. Give them more time to earn a reputation of being loved or unloved.
    On that note, I think Road Show deserves more love.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Unloved - underrated are different , The Addams Family is unloved by lot of people but it's not underrated .
    +1 on Terminator 3 awesome game .

Love the Red mode in T3.

#47 1 year ago

SF2.....Love the stop and go as my other games are Fast and brutal....Looks great with the alt translite.....and Levi Hates it....!!! ...............Joey

#48 1 year ago

Ghostbusters gets trash talked a lot

Another masterpiece-imo

Why the hate? Flipper gap too big? Magnetic slings are cheap? Not a very good player with low self esteem?

#49 1 year ago

Apollo 13
    South Park
    Batman Forever

Pretty much a bunch of the Sega pins.

#50 1 year ago

Pro football. When set up well this one is so great for competition...

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-unloved-pinball-game-do-you-think-is-great?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.