(Topic ID: 320384)

What Unloved Pinball Game do you Think is Great?

By BriannaWu

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lathroum
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9F1D8735-7922-4BDB-B844-E2A2756BD7F9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220814_001124 (resized).jpg
    Stern Mustang LE (resized).png
    20220813_072259 (resized).jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #102 1 year ago

Lethal Weapon 3

#103 1 year ago

I have to say, almost all the games in this thread absolutely suck ass and reading this list reminds me of why I don't like them. I see a lot of terrible Premier games, some bad DE stuff, and also some good games that everybody likes and seem odd that people listed here.

Bally Kiss? Stern Star Wars? These games were huge hits!

But I digress = to be safe, you gotta go with the mob mentality in pinball!

#104 1 year ago

Bally Star Trek was a huge hit because it has Star Trek in the title... Plays like Spock designed it.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Laser Cue. It is way better than Alien Poker. Has the classic Williams sounds, 4 flippers, 5 individually controlled drop target bank, strong 50v flippers, and a freaking bell for completing a rack!
    It gets no love because:
    1. It's a single ball game during the time where multi ball was the rage
    2. The layout is almost identical to Alien Poker
    3. No speech
    4. Half naked space dudes artwork

Somebody made a multiball ROM for alien poker, but you’d have to modify the ball trough.

#107 1 year ago

Apollo 13, Lights Camera Action, Hot Shots, TS4.

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have to say, almost all the games in this thread absolutely suck ass and reading this list reminds me of why I don't like them.

Harsh.

Even though you obviously weren't referring to Mustang Premium/LE or Oktoberfest.

#109 1 year ago

Star Trek 25th Anniversary.

Just simple fun with a simple mission.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have to say, almost all the games in this thread absolutely suck ass and reading this list reminds me of why I don't like them.

It's almost like that is the point of thread...

If most people liked the games, then they wouldn't be unloved.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hammer3246:

Star Trek 25th Anniversary.
    Just simple fun with a simple mission.

Still have to play that one.. but regardless of anything, it seems worth it for the BG animation!

#112 1 year ago

Hurricane, I only bought because I already had a Comet and Cyclone. Turns out I enjoy more than I ever imagined. Also seems to be the kids favorite and father in law. Who knew???

#113 1 year ago

I really dig the System 80B games. Simple rules, great sound and music, and the so-bad-its-good artwork keeps ‘em cheap. Tag Team? Such a cool concept. Gold Wings is a blast to shoot, Monte Carlo has those super rad “shatzable” inlane targets, and Bad Girls is such a shameless rip off of Michael Jackson’s “Bad” you can’t help but laugh. All fun games.

Except Raven. That game genuinely blows. I can appreciate the roving “quick draw” drop target (á la Cactus Canyon), but that’s all it’s got going for it.

#114 1 year ago

BSD, BKSOR pro, and TS4

#115 1 year ago

Rollercoaster Tycoon gets a lot of hate - the troll, low scoring, and a couple pointless modes... but I love the game. Everything is achievable. The call outs and sound/music are fun. The shots and flow are great and a color DMD really completes the look of the game.

#116 1 year ago

World Cup Soccer? Or maybe it's just underrated?

#117 1 year ago

I had Roller Coaster Tycoon, was it that bad? Maybe not, the ramps were nice to hit but I traded it for a Sega Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and I was an happy trader.

Hook, is not that bad. But for me Sega Godzilla is a hidden gem.

Cheers,

Chris

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Norcalpin:

World Cup Soccer? Or maybe it's just underrated?

Uhm, I'd say it is both well loved and well regarded...

TOP 100 RANKING
    This game ranks #61 in the Pinside Pinball Top 100.

#119 1 year ago

I always really liked BMDK, which isn't rated very high. I felt validated when it was brought back as BM66 to much acclaim.

A couple games I thought were way better than expected, but my wife said absolutely not. The modern Playboy and No Fear. These two games really overcome the theme.

I agree with those that talked about Terminator 3. It's a great game with Arnie; better than T2 IMO. The backglass/head is also unique.

#120 1 year ago

I picked up a Volcano a few years ago and it is a lot of fun. It has some neat features and a fast machine for a widebody. Everyone that plays it enjoys it. Have that sitting next to my Haunted House.

The other is a recent addition. Picked up a Motordome that when the head was removed all the wires were cut between the head and body. After a few evenings of soldering (and a lot of heat shrink) got it all back together and finished repairs. I wasn't expecting much based on reading reviews and YouTube videos but it is a lot better than I expected. This machine seems to get slammed in reviews for the sound. It's weird but it sounds better in person than on YouTube and it does fit with the theme. If someone really doesn't care for the background sound they can turn it off. One of those games that people either love or hate.

#121 1 year ago

Kings of steel

#122 1 year ago

The theme does absolutely nothing for me, but I find Big Buck Hunter to be a lot of fun!

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The theme does absolutely nothing for me, but I find Big Buck Hunter to be a lot of fun!

Nick Lane (Buffalo Pinball) loves that game. It is fun for me up to a point. Incomplete/unpolished code has kept it out of ownership consideration though.

#124 1 year ago

Since Bally Atlantis was already mentioned, I'll go with Torpedo Alley. Have a good laugh at the backglass then shoot a pretty fun game.

#125 1 year ago

Rob Zombie. It’s just badass fun. Great, great call outs. Definitely brutal, but in a good way. It’s far from perfect, but awesome in its own way. An underrated pin for sure.

2 weeks later
    #126 1 year ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Of all the games on my previously owned games I miss the most is Waterworld. I’ve owned Genesis and miss that too. But if I could get only one back it would be Waterworld.

Waterworld is a great game... not sure why it gets no love... Of course I love Rescue 911 too... Gottliebs rule!

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-unloved-pinball-game-do-you-think-is-great/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.