(Topic ID: 150974)

What Type 1978-79 Gottlieb EM Playfield Do You Want? - Closed!

By EM-PINMAN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like a Single or Multiplayer Playfield from 1978 reproduced?”

• Single/Replay Version 10 votes
      48%
    • Single/AAB (Add A Ball) Version 3 votes
      14%
    • Multiplayer/Replay Version 6 votes
      29%
    • I am still a Solid State guy or gal but EM's look so fun and interesting I must get one in the near future! 1 vote
      5%
    • I am a Solid State Guy or Guy and that's it, so quit bugging me! 1 vote
      5%

(21 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

POLL: Part 3

So Wade Krauss makes great playfields for sure but after the Atlantis/2001/Sky Jump playfields are made there is nothing really lined up for sure. Lots of other suggestions for playfields have been posted in separate threads but seem to be getting minimum to moderate traction at best. It would be a good thing to let Wade know how much we love what he does by supporting his efforts as much as we can and that is why I created this thread.

Everyone has their own ideas of what playfield is worthy of being reproduced so here your chance to speak your mind.

In the POLL SECTION ONLY of this thread post your vote for a Single/Multiplayer Replay, or Single Add A Ball version 1978-1979 EM playfield that you would like to see reproduced. Note:There were no Multiplayer Add A Ball machines made in 1978-1979

No votes will be counted in the comment section, but feel free to leave a comment if so inclined.

The first 10 votes of any specific category will "Close" this thread or end of day Friday Feb 5th, whatever comes first and I will start up a new a final thread for which specific Playfield or Playfields you would like to see reproduced, so 4 polls total.

OK, I posted my vote, your turn.

TIA,

Ken

#2 8 years ago

I don't own or feel I could find a Gottlieb EM from 78-79 that's a Wedgehead in my price range. Can't vote, not interested in a wall hanger.

#3 8 years ago

The closest I can come to wanting a playfield for a 79 Gottlieb is Countdown.

It looks and plays like an EM. Does that count?

#4 8 years ago

Yes, I am waiting to see what title got this batch of years voted in since many of the titles are extremely rare so its not like there is a large pool of people needing playfields. Instead, it may end up being a small number of deep pocket collectors where $700 to improve their high priced collectable is not out of the question (and I in no way fault them for that - they won the vote).

If another run of backglasses were made, I would vote for Space walk and build one from some other EM donor game like Tim did for TKO.

#5 8 years ago

"Poll: Would You Like A Single Or Multiplayer Playfield From 1978 Reproduced?"

NOTE: This is the current title in the POLL section which I cannot correct which should also include all machines made in "1979" as well as "1978". Please vote accordingly.

Ken

#6 8 years ago

Free fall

#7 8 years ago

Free Fall is from 1974 LOL But a great undervalued pin with a great rule set. Mine is pretty nice and I doubt I'd drop another 650 into an $800 game, but that's just me. I would however give Shay 295 for a nicer glass

#8 8 years ago

Rock Star is awesome I've only seen and played it once. My Neptune was redone by Phoebe it looks better than new

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I would vote for Space walk and build one from some other EM donor game

yes, which is why I voted for a multiplayer. This or Gemini. Gemini plastics are coming, so that's another piece available.

#10 8 years ago

Bump for more votes!

#11 8 years ago

Not much call for games that late. Many of that era had relatively low plays and have nice cosmetics. Instead of that end of the spectrum, maybe he should repop some woodrail playfields. I'd be in for an "Ace High". There are many other older games that are almost impossible to find with a good playfield.

#12 8 years ago

Actually, I wish he, or someone would make a "Canada Dry" playfield. I don't know how many backglasses are out there, but you'd see lots of "Target Alpha" conversions!

#13 8 years ago

Dodge City

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Actually, I wish he, or someone would make a "Canada Dry" playfield. I don't know how many backglasses are out there, but you'd see lots of "Target Alpha" conversions!

if we could get ron or shay to commit to do the glass and lee to do the plastics i would be ALL IN on a repro canada dry pf....

#15 8 years ago

That would be a neat project, converting target alpha into a Canada Dry. That's if both the playfield and backglass become available. And don't forget about Dodge City!

#16 8 years ago

It's a slow day in Dodge today!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

yes, which is why I voted for a multiplayer. This or Gemini. Gemini plastics are coming, so that's another piece available.

played Space Walk at the PHoF last year (he has since replaced it with Countdown). Not the greatest player, but perhaps was just not dialed in there. The beauty of that game, would be readily available cabinets from the thousands of Countdowns out there!

#18 8 years ago

Gridiron GTB 1978-02 2p
    Sinbad GTB 1978-02 4p
    Strange World GTB 1978-03 1p
    Neptune GTB 1978-05 1p
    Eye of the Tiger GTB 1978-06 2p
    Joker Poker GTB 1978-06 4p
    Hit the Deck GTB 1978-08 1p
    Poseidon GTB 1978-08 1p
    Close Encounters
    of The Third Kind GTB 1978-10 4p
    Dragon GTB 1978-10 4p
    Gemini GTB 1978-10 2p
    Knockout GTB 1979-?? 1p
    Charlie's Angels GTB 1979-01 4p
    Rock Star GTB 1979-01 1p
    Blue Note GTB 1979-02 1p
    Solar Ride GTB 1979-02 4p
    TKO GTB 1979-03 1p
    Space Walk GTB 1979-08 2p

#19 8 years ago

Limited to 78-79.. so 17 games?

1978 Charlie's Angels
    1978-02 Pyramid
    1978-02 Strange World
    1978-04 Neptune
    1978-05 Sinbad
    1978-06 Eye Of The Tiger
    1978-07 Poseidon
    1978-08 Hit the Deck
    1978-08 Joker Poker
    1978-10 Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    1978-10 Dragon
    1978-10 Gemini
    1978-12 Rock Star
    1979 Solar Ride
    1979-02 Blue Note
    1979-03 T.K.O.
    1979-08 Space Walk

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

if we could get ron or shay to commit to do the glass and lee to do the plastics i would be ALL IN on a repro canada dry pf....

I'd have YOU paint my "TA" cabinet!

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd have YOU paint my "TA" cabinet!

if all 3 were made i would CNC a tin sheet to make stencils. (gottlieb made them in brass) because i bet i would be painting quite a few TA
    how cool would that project be. i bet TA would be hard to find the second that it was confirmed they were getting done..
    700pf
    300bg
    130 plastic set
    a beat ta 300 tops

1400ish a little steep but within my estimated cost to own a repro game that almost nobody owns state side

#22 8 years ago

With all the Canada Dry trademarked logos on the glass and playfield I wonder if they can even be reproduced without some type of licensing agreement (renewed).

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from tuffano:

With all the Canada Dry trademarked logos on the glass and playfield I wonder if they can even be reproduced without some type of licensing agreement (renewed).

Good point.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from tuffano:

that i knew thought of.... that is a deal killer without a doubt

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The first 10 votes of any specific category will "Close" this thread or end of day Friday Feb 5th, whatever comes first

To keep things moving along the number of votes needed has been changed from 15 to 10.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from stashyboy:

played Space Walk at the PHoF last year (he has since replaced it with Countdown). Not the greatest player, but perhaps was just not dialed in there. The beauty of that game, would be readily available cabinets from the thousands of Countdowns out there!

Except the backbox wouldn't work. I'd convert a Mustang instead I think.

Gemini or Space Walk are about the only two titles that could sustain the cost of all the parts involved and come out OK (including a repro playfield).

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Except the backbox wouldn't work. I'd convert a Mustang instead I think.
    Gemini or Space Walk are about the only two titles that could sustain the cost of all the parts involved and come out OK (including a repro playfield).

Well, just like someone putting a $700 playfield on a $600 game, I think there are those that would want to do it as both a challenge as well as not being able to afford an EM for $10K+.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

1978 Charlie's Angels
    1978-02 Pyramid
    1978-02 Strange World
    1978-04 Neptune
    1978-05 Sinbad
    1978-06 Eye Of The Tiger
    1978-07 Poseidon
    1978-08 Hit the Deck
    1978-08 Joker Poker
    1978-10 Dragon
    1978-10 Gemini
    1978-12 Rock Star
    1979 Solar Ride
    1979-02 Blue Note
    1979-03 T.K.O.
    1979-08 Space Walk

I'm out based on that choice.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

1978 Charlie's Angels
    1978-02 Pyramid
    1978-02 Strange World
    1978-04 Neptune
    1978-05 Sinbad
    1978-06 Eye Of The Tiger
    1978-07 Poseidon
    1978-08 Hit the Deck
    1978-08 Joker Poker
    1978-10 Dragon
    1978-10 Gemini
    1978-12 Rock Star
    1979 Solar Ride
    1979-02 Blue Note
    1979-03 T.K.O.
    1979-08 Space Walk

From this whole list I am interested in :

First :
    Charlie's Angels
    Gemini
    Solar Ride

I have these games in my collection and playfields are in average condition...

Second :
    Space Walk
    I really hope I will get it some day !

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
    Gottlieb SPACE WALK
    You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#30 8 years ago

and Single Player Replay Wins!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

if all 3 were made i would CNC a tin sheet to make stencils. (gottlieb made them in brass) because i bet i would be painting quite a few TA
    how cool would that project be. i bet TA would be hard to find the second that it was confirmed they were getting done..
    700pf
    300bg
    130 plastic set
    a beat ta 300 tops
    1400ish a little steep but within my estimated cost to own a repro game that almost nobody owns state side

I would have to seriously consider this. I already have a Target Alpha...

On another note I would like to say that I am confused with the method used in these threads to attempt to choose a game. I really don't think that statistically this will work out to finding a game that many people would want to buy in on. In fact I think the method it is basically narrowing things down each time to the point where there might be just a couple of people in for the final game chosen. We will see.

To me a better way would be forget meaningless data like year, type, number of players and have everyone list between one to five titles that they would be interested in buying most. Leave the thread open for a while and then tally the top few titles wanted. It would then be up to someone to step forward to champion one of the top few titles and try to get as many people to commit as possible.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.