(Topic ID: 308084)

What two modern pins?

By StratDoc

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StratDoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have 27 pins in my collection and two in the restoration que. I have been thinking of selling 5-10 pins and purchasing two modern pins. The dilemma is which pins to sell, but also what two modern pins to buy? By modern I mean classic DMD pins - e.g. adams family, etc. and LCD pins.

thanks for the advice.

#6 2 years ago

Well I definitely have some go-to pins - Xenon, Blackout, Firepower, T2, Stargate, Black Hole, Paragon, Barracora, Joker Poker, Gorgar, haunted house.... Some I just like the look although don't play as much - sider man, Medusa, farfalla. It is a hard decision.

#13 2 years ago

I guess the budget depends on the sale of some of my existing pins. Right now I am leaning toward selling -

Black Knight
    Space Shuttle
    Breakshot
    Pinball Lizard - love the look of the game and the bg is pristine
    Meteor - has a new cpr installed
    Elektra
    Space Riders
    Hot Shot - a little rough, with not so great pf touch up but really fun player
    A-go-go

have to keep Aztec as my wife bought that one for me. Might consider parting with Medusa - new cPR pf and terrific bg but seldom play the game.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Breakshot is one of my top favorites of all time. Setup the game to be brutally hard if you find it too easy. Wide outlanes, no ball save. Game is just awesome!
    All the Atari’s are boring, but beautiful to look at.
    Elektra is meh, Meteor is a classic but gets old.
    BK and SS are beloved. You’d probably get good money out of them.
    Medusa is an awesome game! I’m surprised you want to sell it!
    A classic DMD would help you love the classics even more.
    TAF isn’t that great, never understood the crazy obsession. White Water is awesome. TZ is awesome.
    Do you want stop-and-go or nonstop flow?

Breakshot is just now one I return to very often. Agree on the Atari, really beautiful but seldom played. Metero I enjoy, but... Elektra have had folks try to buy that one from me unsolicited in great shape and great looker. BK and SS are not ones I enjoy that much. I forgot I would also sell F-14. Among all my pins, my top five favorites in order are..

Xenon - love everything about the game
    Paragon - hard as hell but keeps me coming back
    Stargate
    T2
    Firepower

#20 2 years ago

Thoughts on a classic like Scared Stiff - love that game, STNG, Adams Family, and newer LCD pins in terms of long-term play in a collection and enjoyment? Leaning toward one or two classic pins from the DMD era.

#27 2 years ago

Thank you for all of the good input and feedback. I have listed them on the Georgia Pinball Appreciate Society listserv, not here on pinside. I want to sell local if if possible for cash. Will probably list on pinside at a later date depending on what sells through GAPAS.

I have decided to sell the following -

Breakshot
    BK
    Space Riders
    F-14
    Hot Shot
    Pinball Lizard
    Meteor
    Elektra

#29 2 years ago

The Meteor, Elektra, Pinball Lizard, and BK are sold. Will post up f-14, breakshot, space riders, and hot shot on pinside. Will sell local only so if within driving distance of Chattanooga and are interested send me a PM. Will gladly send as many pics as you want and/or chat by the phone.

1 week later
    #30 2 years ago

F-14 is sold. Trying to find a Hot Shot PF. Would really like to keep it if I can find a decent pf for restoration. Thinking about keeping Breakshot. Finally getting little breathing room in the basement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StratDoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-two-modern-pins?tu=StratDoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.