Lokilock_Cube.JPG
Hyperball_arcade_poster_007.jpg
Hyperball_arcade_poster_006.jpg
hulkbridge_002.jpg
hulkbridge_001.jpg
000_0020[1].JPG
000_0019[1].JPG
000_0015[1].JPG
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago

I noticed my slings weren't as reactive as before. Haven't adjusted them yet though.

#102 10 years ago

Here's some pics with my mods/tweaks:

-De-Xmas'd the game. Replaced most of the green GI with warm white. This makes the game looks so much better IMO. Red/white/blue works for Captain America and Red/white works for Iron Man. I left green behind Hulk but changed it to green Retros (a bit brighter)
-I added Hooked's "See Clearly" inlane mods so you can see the O & K inserts...also Hooked's Loki "Lock When Lit figure" & new design Lock plastic (so you can see the Nick Fury and IM shots)
-Cleland had already installed Hooked's Cap bumper caps, Zdoor's cube mod, and Cliffy color posts
Playfield.jpegPlayfield.jpeg
Lokilock_Cube.JPGLokilock_Cube.JPG
Loki_Lockwhenlit.JPGLoki_Lockwhenlit.JPG
-I moved Hulk's GI spotlight over to the left behind the helicarrier plastic (with warm white PBL 4-LED bulb). I put a CT flat-style green LED flasher in his flasher spotlight. It's a nice contrast having the lighting come from two different sides.
Hulk_lighting.jpegHulk_lighting.jpeg

#103 10 years ago

Wow, looks good lit that way. Did you try cool white as a swap for green? Or just go warm?

Also, does the HUO GI spot have enough wire to move? Or did you splice and solder?

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Wow, looks good lit that way. Did you try cool white as a swap for green? Or just go warm?

I think cool would look fine, too - but just went warm...mostly due to Iron Man - since his mode makes the game red/green, I thought red/warm-white would be closest to his red/yellow scheme without actually using yellow.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Also, does the HUO GI spot have enough wire to move? Or did you splice and solder?

There's enough wire...it's pretty tight, but still connects!

#105 10 years ago

Oh, I also moved a few of the sockets around. There was a white (was green) in back poking thru the metal slats - it was a bit distracting so I swapped a white & red socket...so now red's poking thru. Also re-arranged the ones to the left of the shooter lane...I think it was blue/blue/white/white...I flipped them so it's alternating now - blue/white/blue/white

#106 10 years ago

Hey Mr. wdpvideo: You seemed to have inadvertently leaked a secret Expo show special in your Hulk pictures and may have spoiled the surprise for the show... your out of control with your camera!

#107 10 years ago

if the hawkeye arrow is now powdercoated stock I want one!!!! wahhhh! Gimmeeeee!

That is sooo cool. I'm gonna change my lighting too. last time I made major game changes it was like having a NIB again, only tuned! Can't wait to do it again.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Hey Mr. wdpvideo: You seemed to have inadvertently leaked a secret Expo show special in your Hulk pictures and may have spoiled the surprise for the show... your out of control with your camera!

I guess the camera did get away from me. I will delete the photo now. Thank you for bring that to my attention. Glad you pointed that out had to delete the WOZ machine photo's in another post! Oops! That would have sucked if that would have gotten out!

#109 10 years ago

Your lucky that Hulk owners didn't notice the picture -- probably too many things blingy so most lost their focus. It maybe doesn't matter anyway since the Expo is just a little more than a week away.

#110 10 years ago

I saw the metals being coated and the backboard flashers. Did I miss anything else?

#111 10 years ago

He failed to pull the second picture. His pictures are not as good as they could be but the effect is not green lighting it's real green.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

He failed to pull the second picture. His pictures are not as good as they could be but the effect is not green lighting it's real green.

what are you doing?
I pulled the photo. Stupid me deleted the attachment but did not realize you have to edit it out of the post.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I saw the metals being coated and the backboard flashers. Did I miss anything else?

Yes you did just as you should have.

#113 10 years ago

I had always had a problem with my right slingshot kicker having the switch blades getting bent back and becoming unresponsive which made the Thor targets hard to achieve. I removed the bracket that held the coil for the kicker and elongated the hole where the threaded post came down to it. This allowed me to move the bracket in a 1/8th of an inch or so, now the front blade of the switch is actually touching the rubber around the slingshot, was driving me crazy.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I had always had a problem with my right slingshot kicker having the switch blades getting bent back and becoming unresponsive which made the Thor targets hard to achieve. I removed the bracket that held the coil for the kicker and elongated the hole where the threaded post came down to it. This allowed me to move the bracket in a 1/8th of an inch or so, now the front blade of the switch is actually touching the rubber around the slingshot, was driving me crazy.

I personally think the reason the switch blades are getting bent is because the black rubber Stern is using recently is way too soft. I took it off my Avengers a couple days ago and the slingshot rubbers were even softer than soft white rubbers. I replaced it with black 2-1/2" rubber from pinballlife and it is much more stiff thus it should not put too much pressure on the switches.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I personally think the reason the switch blades are getting bent is because the black rubber Stern is using recently is way too soft. I took it off my Avengers a couple days ago and the slingshot rubbers were even softer than soft white rubbers. I replaced it with black 2-1/2" rubber from pinballlife and it is much more stiff thus it should not put too much pressure on the switches.

I could have slid a pencil in between the gap of the slingshot rubber and the front blade of the switch, I actually put 2 inch rubbers from PBL on a few months ago, its much better now that I slid the whole bracket that little bit, I like the slingshots firing more so its great for my personal taste.

1 week later
#116 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

http://www.eezox.com/
A micro drop is all you need of this stuff, a wet toothpick does it.

I use brain lube. It was a product made by yomega for lubing there high end yoyos. Stuff is a Teflon liquid lube that come in a pen size container. Easy to apply and only takes a small dab. Also works good on tight or squeaky plungers. Not sure if you can still buy it but it only cost me a few dollars and will be enough to last me 100s of uses.

3 weeks later
#117 10 years ago

Got a blue Avengers LE a couple of weeks ago:

Put in the washers to fix the Thor and Hulk target reseting
Lubricated the spinner
Adjusted the Hulk Flap switch to be as sensitive as I could
Installed Hooked's clear out lane plastics ( a must)
Installed Hooked's LOKI lock relocation mod ( a very nice addition)
Installed Hooked's Cube Mod (a nice addition)
Added cointaker flashers behind the back board ( made a real nice difference) and play field flashers
Adjusted Hulks arms and removed the left arm plate to make the Hulk more sensitive.
Adjusted the bridge to minimize rubbing on Hulks hand
Moved the green Hulk spot light to the left side of the playfield ( did two things: removed the visual block on the red light on top of the pop bumper and with the green spot light coming from the left, the green flasher that lights when Hulk is talking became far more noticeable when flashing)
Replaced the green Hulk flasher bulb with a coin taker flat LED flasher to make it very distinctive when Hulk talks.
Flipper Fidelity sound system installed

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Got a blue Avengers LE a couple of weeks ago:
Put in the washers to fix the Thor target reseting
Lubricated the spinner
Adjusted the Hulk Flap switch to be as sensitive as I could
Installed Hooked's clear out lane plastics ( a must)
Installed Hooked's LOKI lock relocation mod ( a very nice addition)
Installed Hooked's Cube Mod (a nice addition)
Adjusted the bridge to minimize rubbing on Hulks hand
Moved the green Hulk spot light to the left side of the playfield ( did two things: removed the visual block on the red light on top of the pop bumper and with the green spot light coming from the left, the green flasher that lights when Hulk is talking became far more noticeable when flashing)
Flipper Fidelity sound system installed

Could you post pictures of the re-located Hulk spotlights. Thanks

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could you post pictures of the re-located Hulk spotlights. Thanks

Look at my pics a few up. I did it a bit differently though - I moved the GI spotlight to the left, as it gives a good light bath to not only Hulk but the whole backboard. I left the Flasher spot, but put a green CT "flat style" LED flasher in it. Hulk's green flash while talking is definitely vibrant with the LED.

#120 10 years ago

IMG_9209.JPGIMG_9209.JPGIMG_9209.JPGIMG_9209.JPG[

Per your request for pics. I will change to the flat LED for the flasher as well.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at my pics a few up. I did it a bit differently though - I moved the GI spotlight to the left, as it gives a good light bath to not only Hulk but the whole backboard. I left the Flasher spot, but put a green CT "flat style" LED flasher in it. Hulk's green flash while talking is definitely vibrant with the LED.

I could not see your Hulk GI spotlight in your pictures.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I could not see your Hulk GI spotlight in your pictures.

Click on the first one (full pf) to make it bigger. It's right between the big Helicarrier plastic & the red flasher dome.

#123 10 years ago

Thanks for posting.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Click on the first one (full pf) to make it bigger. It's right between the big Helicarrier plastic & the red flasher dome.

4 weeks later
#124 10 years ago

This thread is long as F - so I apologize if this mod has been posted about already - there's a post with a small rubber ring on it to the left of the Hulk drops. It's right up against a metal ball guide, so the rubber ring doesn't last very long -after getting hit a bunch it splits on the back. So - I was remembering the X-Men post mods...decided to do the same thing. I removed the ring style post and replaced it with a sleeve type post with a green Cliffy post sleeve to match the Hulk area. Perfect fit, looks and works great! I'll post a pic later.

#125 10 years ago

anyone want to sell a Hulk LE PM me.

9 months later
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sounds right.
First pic shows what that piece should look like installed (mine was done at the factory).

OMGOMGOMG!

I spent a good hour or more the other night messing with this region. My 1-year-old boy just learned how to turn on my Avengers, pull up a stroller, push start, plunge balls, & laugh at Hulk. He plunges pretty weakly & the ball has been hanging up between the Loki lock sensors. My machine does *not* have that blue sticker on the left side of this lane!

The ball was getting stuck on the half-slot cutouts that accommodate the screw heads. I was messing with shaving the slots, shimming the screw heads with washers, trying different screw head types, eventually filing a Philips head screw relatively flat to be flush with the plastic.

Where can I get this wonderful blue sticker!? =O

Thanks,
-Jason

IWishIHadThisSticker.JPGIWishIHadThisSticker.JPG
1 week later
#127 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Where can I get this wonderful blue sticker!? =O

Call Stern technical or parts department. There are other "fixes" that they will supply to help get a cleaner drop into into the Hulk start hole and a couple other things.

#128 9 years ago

Thanks--already contacted Stern regarding a couple of other issues.

Then I saw this post.

Then I asked them to throw in the blue sticker.

Stern's response: I already threw that in your package.

My response: "Hot dog!!!"

Got a package from Stern, installed, heart palpitating with joy.

-J

4 months later
#129 9 years ago

I know that this is an old thread but I just completed this Tournament Button = Hulk's Arms mod and it is working like a charm!
A huge THANK YOU to crank for the pics.
I did find that there is an empty orange wire with a female plug on it near the tournament button that has 5v on it so if you don't care if the button isn't lit, you can use it for juice.

Quoted from crank:

They are not the greatest pictures but it should give you an idea on how to do this.
000_0015[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge) 000_0019[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge) 000_0020[1].JPG (Click image to enlarge)

4 months later
#130 8 years ago

What fix does Stern give you for the Hulk saucer? Mine is popping over about 10% of the time.

Also, the sticker fix is installed on the Loki multiball ramp but the top ball still gets stuck once multiball becomes active. Any ideas?

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from mike071581:

What fix does Stern give you for the Hulk saucer? Mine is popping over about 10% of the time.
Also, the sticker fix is installed on the Loki multiball ramp but the top ball still gets stuck once multiball becomes active. Any ideas?

They give you an extra plastic that goes underneath the ramp drop right there above the hulk kick out. I got mine 2 weeks ago and have been "bounce out" free. As for the Loki ramp ball getting stuck mine hasn't done that....yet. I have the sticker but haven't needed to install it. I wouldn't know how to help you except that in the AVENGERS HULK GETS TILT thread some guy was custom making ramp slot protectors that curved around this area and made the ball travel effortlessly like it should passed the lock.

#132 8 years ago

Thanks. On closer inspection the second plastic is installed by the hulk drop. Is there anything else that can be done?

Might have to get that cliffy mod for the Loki lock.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from mike071581:

Thanks. On closer inspection the second plastic is installed by the hulk drop. Is there anything else that can be done?
Might have to get that cliffy mod for the Loki lock.

I'm not aware of anyone having bounce out issues after the stern fix was installed. You sure that plastic is there?? Make sure it's installed roperly and nothing is loose if it is. One small thing could be throwing off that ball dropping into the HULK hole there.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

They give you an extra plastic that goes underneath the ramp drop right there above the hulk kick out. I got mine 2 weeks ago and have been "bounce out" free. As for the Loki ramp ball getting stuck mine hasn't done that....yet. I have the sticker but haven't needed to install it. I wouldn't know how to help you except that in the Avengers HULK GETS TILT thread some guy was custom making ramp slot protectors that curved around this area and made the ball travel effortlessly like it should passed the lock.

My top ball kept getting stuck in the Loki lock repeatedly. A fellow Pinsider made me a kickass mod by tweaking a Cliffy. I haven't had a stuck ball since. I recommend reading every post in the Avengers Club thread.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

My top ball kept getting stuck in the Loki lock repeatedly. A fellow Pinsider made me a kickass mod by tweaking a Cliffy. I haven't had a stuck ball since. I recommend reading every post in the Avengers Club thread.

Yeah that's what I was recommending for him....I think he read it. I seen your issue in the avengers thread. My AVLE hasn't been affected by this yet but I have the sticker that stern sent me if need be. And if that doesn't work than the "tweaked" will come in handy But all solid so far.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from mike071581:

Slowly roll a ball up and down the Loki lock area to see if the side plastics are squeezing the ball. This can sometimes hold up a stopped ball but moving balls don't get stopped. If this is the case, simply loosen the screws on the plastic to the left and push the plastic left as you tighten it back down.

#137 8 years ago

I think the cliffy will do the trick but it't nove very visually appealing. I'll try adjusting the screws before doing the cliffy fix. As for the hulk drop, there is a clear plastic piece already there (I'm the 3rd owner) and it looks like it's done. I'll take a picture when I get home but there is the top one, maybe a quarter inch space, then the bottom one and flush with that is a clear one.

#138 8 years ago

Can anyone tell from the picture if the Stern fix is installed? IMG_8033.JPGIMG_8033.JPGI believe it is but the ball still pops out about 10% of the time. Also, is there a protector that can be placed to prevent the wood from wearing away?

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from mike071581:

Can anyone tell from the picture if the Stern fix is installed? IMG_8033.JPG I believe it is but the ball still pops out about 10% of the time. Also, is there a protector that can be placed to prevent the wood from wearing away?

Yes, it is the thick area where a clear plastic is installed below the standoffs. I also used a small amount of drop dead foam at the edge of the hole to slow the ball down. That eliminated the bounce outs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-annoyances?ti=0

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, it is the thick area where a clear plastic is installed below the standoffs. I also used a small amount of drop dead foam at the edge of the hole to slow the ball down. That eliminated the bounce outs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-annoyances?ti=0

Good info DCfan. Id think any window foam/one sticky sided insulation that's soft, small, and can fit in there would be enough to slow the ball down and make sure it drops directly into the hole and stays there. Good stuffs! The basic idea is there if any of us need it.

3 weeks later
#141 8 years ago

I finally took some time to work on my black widow ramp tonight and I think I've finally sorted it out! I put a small washer underneath the two tabs where the ramp locks in to raise it about 1mm. Played it after installing these and it works like a charm I get more balls making their way around the black widow ramp and I'm less frustrated at how hard that shot is!

1 year later
#142 7 years ago

Did the Hulk arm fix with the tourney button today. Got lucky as I had a spare 3-pin molex connector that used just the center tap from an old shaker motor. Works perfect to get 5V from the connector on the right side.

#143 7 years ago

So how's the game, these years on? Is it still fun? I have only played it briefly at a barcade and could not get a feel for its longevity. I love a lot of Gomez' other designs so I'm hoping with some tweaks this one still holds up...

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So how's the game, these years on? Is it still fun? I have only played it briefly at a barcade and could not get a feel for its longevity. I love a lot of Gomez' other designs so I'm hoping with some tweaks this one still holds up...

We love ours. There is some adjustment screws behind Hulk. We adjusted his arms up a little and made the plate in front of him more sensitive and have not had a ball get stuck since. The game has some really difficult punishing shots and it took us a long time to dial it in properly, with the help of Pinside. If it was not for Pinside and all the assistance from the forum, we would not have had Hulk long.

A nice playing Hulk is awesome!

#145 7 years ago

Same here. I still really enjoy my AVLE. Lot's of complaints about the game at the time of its launch, although it seems like there have been complaints on subsequent games as well. Unfortunately, I think it left this game with a bit of a stigma. When I first got the game from a friend, I made some of the fixes/tweaks discussed at the time on this thread and others and it's been dialed-in (no pun intended on JJP's new game) ever since. It's a difficult game, so I expect its longevity should be good. I haven't completed it yet.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Same here. I still really enjoy my AVLE. Lot's of complaints about the game at the time of its launch, although it seems like there have been complaints on subsequent games as well. Unfortunately, I think it left this game with a bit of a stigma. When I first got the game from a friend, I made some of the fixes/tweaks discussed at the time on this thread and others and it's been dialed-in (no pun intended on JJP's new game) ever since. It's a difficult game, so I expect its longevity should be good. I haven't completed it yet.

Now that's the kind of thing I want to hear! Too bad it's gotten kind of a rough name, but that will help keep the price out of the stratosphere! I have been interested in this pin for a while, but it's hard to pull the trigger when the prices are 5K and up, but the overall impression isn't positive... Sounds like it's worth the jump...

#147 7 years ago

The last software update helped immensely. Before, the score was way too imbalanced with bonus x. And the BW shot was a bear because it had to make full completion around the loop to count. Now, it's score with a spinner hit (although you adjust the option to make it like the old code). So I have the BW difficulty on the hardest setting since the shot itself is easier, but it's more fun this way.
Mine plays great other than the occasional stuck ball (or 2 or 3) under the fist, so that's why I finally did the button mod. I really like the music, sounds, and callouts (despite not matching the shown movie characters). Tri-color GI is fun, too, and the tesseract mod with blue flasher really looks great. Winning Loki multiball has great ending sequence, but twice recently I've choked just trying to get the left orbit to complete it. Overall the code is really good now, and I like how there's so many adjustments to get it just to your liking.

If you don't mind sphincter tight shots, then you'll probably like Avengers. I've never played the Pro, but I really like the LE with the ramp that can return to either flipper. You can either the let the game decide automatically, or there's a setting to let you override using the buttons. I would think by this time HUO games will have most of the tweaks done, but if not, at least it's documented.

Hoping someday we see ColorDMD finish this off by adding Battle for Earth (hint hint).

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Now that's the kind of thing I want to hear! Too bad it's gotten kind of a rough name, but that will help keep the price out of the stratosphere! I have been interested in this pin for a while, but it's hard to pull the trigger when the prices are 5K and up, but the overall impression isn't positive... Sounds like it's worth the jump...

An AVLE that plays nice is a sensational machine. Out of the factory, a lot of people had issues, and people that put their hard earned money in to AVLE definitely got no joy. If you are going to guy one make sure it plays nice. Tell tales signs are broken plastic behind hulk, auto plunger and plunger do not fire the ball straight and the ball getting stuck behind Hulks arms.

Good luck!

#149 7 years ago

One more follow up - is the Pro significantly different in gameplay than the LE? I can't keep track of all the differences with these latter day Sterns.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One more follow up - is the Pro significantly different in gameplay than the LE? I can't keep track of all the differences with these latter day Sterns.

We cannot help out there, we have never played a pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-tweaks-have-you-done-to-hulk-le/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.