(Topic ID: 48294)

What toy can I put in my swords of fury?

By Magicmike0

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PSX_20160201_181320_(resized).jpg
DSC_0003_(resized).JPG
DSC_0004_(resized).JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+pYBR,DIJJnIQ~~60_57.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Haha. I know its a dumb thread guys, but any idea of what knights/ogre type figures I could throw in my swords. I've found a couple but they're just to tall. Here's an idea, but it seems a bit much, of course I'd secure it different. I also kicked the idea of having it point straight up the middle of the field because the screw hole in the handle fits perfect on the ball save bumper at the bottom drain.

image.jpg image.jpg

#2 6 years ago

I vote none, not needed....big help eh

#3 6 years ago

Haha. Prob a good vote. Just a silly idea. Maybe I should concentrate in a topper. Keep in mind guys I was just kicking the ideas and trying to her yours so if ya got any throw em at me.

image.jpg

#4 6 years ago

sword on the ramp looks kind of cool, i don't like it down the playfield. Just look around ebay for wargaming minitures or toys shouldn't be too hard to find something. Doesn't really need a toy though swords of fury looks nice as it is.

#5 6 years ago

That's true. I'm in complete agreement so far, I guess I just wanted to see if anybody had any interesting cool mods. Thanks guys for the input.

#6 6 years ago

Forget the toys, forget the toppers. Your time and money would be better spent tweaking the game to get it dialed in, and then just playing it!

Boys and their Barbie dolls. sheesh

#7 6 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a good game as is. Don't lame it up with gaudy crap on the PF and LEDs you can see from space.

#8 6 years ago

My opinion: I would totally LED a SOF and probably come up with some kind of topper, but probably no toys. It already has a strong He-Man feel to it. Do what makes you happy, though... as long as it's not destructive to the game.

#9 6 years ago

Hahaha. Nice to see everyone's point of view. I do have a "Barbie" in the mail anyways. I couldn't resist , even though it won't fit I may figure out something to do with it. But as far as the sword it's not going in the machine. I will def be led'n it though. I've seen to many nice Lookin LED'd ones already that look really sharp. Plus I like the idea of how they burn cooler.

image.jpg

#10 6 years ago

Did you order this one? It's only 4", I think that would fit. It will look good IMO.

$T2eC16V,!)!E9s2fB+pYBR,DIJJnIQ~~60_57.jpg

#11 6 years ago

I vote no on the pf sword, although in the right location a small ninja star might look good.

#12 6 years ago

Did you order this one? It's only 4", I think that would fit. It will look good IMO.

Yep. That's the one. I was also looking at this one.

image.jpg

#13 6 years ago

I was going to suggest that lion man figure from Papo as well. Might look nice above the horseshoe or even the center ramp. Probably wouldn't obstruct any views in either of those locations. You could always add a few other figures from that Papo mutant collection. Tiger man and the dragon man mutant look pretty cool:

http://www.growingtreetoys.com/img/cache/product/024156__.jpg

#14 6 years ago

Yeah I was messing around and typed lion man figure and it actually popped up. Haha. I hope it fits. I measured inside the machine in both those spots suggested and it seemed to tall to fit.

Quoted from singlebanana:I was going to suggest that lion man figure from Papo as well. Might look nice above the horseshoe or even the center ramp. Probably wouldn't obstruct any views in either of those locations. You could always add a few other figures from that Papo mutant collection. Tiger man and the dragon man mutant look pretty cool:
http://www.growingtreetoys.com/img/cache/product/024156__.jpg

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I vote none, not needed....big help eh

I agree! +1 for purity

That Lionman figure is pretty neat though.

-BB

#16 6 years ago

Im not a purist but seriously just adding toys to this game would be stupid add functional mods.
toys are for kids.

#17 6 years ago

Whip cream guns that go off at multiball start.

#18 6 years ago

Used Condom?

#19 6 years ago

Well dang it don't fit anyways. But yeah he is cool looking. And c'mon guys have opinions, but no need for crazy talk.

image.jpg

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Im not a purist but seriously just adding toys to this game would be stupid add functional mods.
toys are for kids.

Functional? What did u have in mind? Like electronics n such?

#21 6 years ago

Woulda been sweet though

image.jpg

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Well dang it don't fit anyways. But yeah he is cool looking. And c'mon guys have opinions, but no need for crazy talk.

How cum u no like?

#23 6 years ago

Haha urs was pretty good

#24 6 years ago

I got this game last night and haven't even played it yet. This thread is giving me we one thoughts. I don't even like toppers unless they are factory and functional.

#25 6 years ago

If you come up with any good Swords Of Fury toys, let me know-- my SOF was pretty beaten-up before I bought it, but I still wouldn't mind adding toys to it.

#26 6 years ago

Is that figure 4" like the seller said. Looks really cool and no more glass to clean

#27 6 years ago

Haha, I will measure it, But I know it won't even fit standing on the floor of the playfield. Even at the upper half below the ramp at the deepest part, it would only fit if You bend the sword down.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I got this game last night and haven't even played it yet. This thread is giving me we one thoughts. I don't even like toppers unless they are factory and functional.

Congrats! It's a goodn'.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Is that figure 4" like the seller said. Looks really cool and no more glass to clean

It is exactly 4" but with sword about 5"

#30 6 years ago

Forgot to add.

image.jpg

#31 6 years ago

My wife is going to be soooo happy if I tell her that now I'm thinking about adding onto my SoF before I've even shopped it out lol.

Does everyone's pinball have the same amount of wear where the ball falls off the upper playfield. Mine was in pretty rough shape when I got it, but I think that's the only thing I can fix back up.

#32 6 years ago

Mine has some wear. I'm not the best touch up guy so I just cleaned and waxed and put a piece of Mylar over it for now. I may eventually order decals and touch up around and replace the release decal. I also put a piece of Mylar over the chicks leg where the ball falls off that side.

#33 6 years ago

You could get out the Dremel and do a torso mount. You'd probably also have to cut off the lower end of the axe as well (which would still look fine), so that it doesn't hang down and disrupt your pf. Just a thought if you really like the toy and are looking for a project.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

You could get out the Dremel and do a torso mount. You'd probably also have to cut off the lower end of the axe as well (which would still look fine), so that it doesn't hang down and disrupt your pf. Just a thought if you really like the toy and are looking for a project.

I was thinking about the torso thing

#36 6 years ago

Hey those orcs would probably work. Thanks. I wonder what shipping and all will be?

#37 6 years ago

You can probably find an US dealer. I just posted the main site becaus Ethel usually carry the full catalog.

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

Well, it turns out my lion man figure will pull apart. I did not even have to cut him in half I just have him sitting in here right now but I will figure out the exact spot I want him and secure him soon.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#39 6 years ago

Hm, are your AVENGER lights white instead of orange, or is it a picture artifact?

#40 6 years ago

Ha! Nice, I think it looks pretty good in there. Not a lot of room to work with in most of those older machines.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

Hm, are your AVENGER lights white instead of orange, or is it a picture artifact?

Just light in the pic I guess. They are orange

Quoted from singlebanana:Ha! Nice, I think it looks pretty good in there. Not a lot of room to work with in most of those older machines.

Thanks. I will get exact placement and more pics soon. I may order the papo ogre now and hope he comes apart haha.

#42 6 years ago

Thanks practicalsteve!!! I fig u deserved your own thread!!! Haha.

#44 6 years ago

I wonder if it's possible to attach a shaker motor in so that when you complete the drop targets, it rocks the machine with the music. I've got a trashed Sega Cut the Cheese at the arcade, and I may steal the shaker out of it. I'm guessing a small circuit from the drop targets, something like a series of AND gates to a one shot timer to the motor enable, would work.

Granted, this came at the glorious hour before you know your alarm is about to go off...

Actually is may take more than a simple logic circuit because the drop targets reset once hit. Maybe using a microcontroller to keep track of the targets, and if the ball has hit the trough yet. Yeah, I'm not getting anything done today at the arcade lol.

Post edited by travisbmartin : On second thought...

1 year later
#45 4 years ago

put this little Lionman mod together the other night ,got the figure off of ebay and installed some super brite green leds in the eyes , wired up to one of the flasher bulbs for the horseshoe loop on left of playfield with a 680 ohm resistor in line

#46 4 years ago

Lionman mod that I put together the other night / got the little figure off of Ebay and installed some super brite green leds in the eyes & wired it up with a 680 ohm resistor in line to one of the flasher bulbs for the Horseshoe loop on left side of playfield

#47 4 years ago

Wow that is awesome! Are you making more? Put me on the list if so.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Wow that is awesome! Are you making more? Put me on the list if so.

If I can get some more figures @ a reasonable price I will consider making some for sale.... but its not hard to make one yourself .... I am a newbie to pinball , green as a gourd so to speak & I basically just copied the C.V black panther mod with a lionman figure

3 months later
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

If I can get some more figures @ a reasonable price I will consider making some for sale.... but its not hard to make one yourself .... I am a newbie to pinball , green as a gourd so to speak & I basically just copied the C.V black panther mod with a lionman figure

Please do this for those with zero skills!

8 months later
#50 3 years ago

I managed to fit lionman under the glass using 2 tie wraps. It works for me as it looks like he's crawling up to the top playfield and I don't like to cut him in half this way he stays his full lionman self.

DSC_0004_(resized).JPG

DSC_0003_(resized).JPG

PSX_20160201_181320_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greenfield, WI
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside