(Topic ID: 147428)

What to use to glue wire form ball guide?

By kguenther6

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

large_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I just bought a Meteor and bringing it back to life. The problem I'm having now is the wire form ball guide keeps coming out. I've tried super glue and also epoxy and it still pops out after playing about a week. Can someone recommend a glue to hold the wire form in? Note - picture is from before the restoration. It looks much better now

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

I just bought a Meteor and bringing it back to life. The problem I'm having now is the wire form ball guide keeps coming out. I've tried super glue and also epoxy and it still pops out after playing about a week. Can someone recommend a glue to hold the wire form in? Note - picture is from before the restoration. It looks much better now
wireform_(resized).JPG

If you don't see an end with a flange on it, then it probably broke off in the hole. You'll probably need to replace the wire guide.

large_(resized).JPG

#4 3 years ago

I didn't know they had a flange on the end. It must have broke off. Thanks for the information.

Edit: Any suggestions on how to get the broken piece out of the playfield?

#5 3 years ago

punch it all the through using a hammer and a small nail and then patch the playfield from the underside using dowels or skewers and wood glue to the proper length so that the ball guide (when inserted) sits at the proper height

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside