(Topic ID: 81189)

What to use on a clear coated playfield?

By Magicchiz

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 2000_Alum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Purchasing a clear coated pin and wondering what everyone has found to be the best to use on theirs.
    Thanks
    Magicchiz

#2 10 years ago

Use what to do what ?

If clean, Williams diamond plate was a clear coat and usually Novus 2 to clean and a couple coats of a good carnauba wax.

LTG : )™

#3 10 years ago

no this is a newer clear coated playfield. So still use novus on it?

#4 10 years ago

Novus 1, less abrasive. Hit novus 2 on some buildup if you have it later

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Magicchiz:

no this is a newer clear coated playfield. So still use novus on it?

Yes.

LTG : )™

#6 10 years ago

Though I would never intentially contradict Lloyd

I do have an additional question, anyone got a good solution to getting some light ball swirls out of clear coat?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Though I would never intentially contradict Lloyd

No problem. It would be conceited to think one person knows everything or has experienced everything.

Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I do have an additional question, anyone got a good solution to getting some light ball swirls out of clear coat?

I'd try on an inconspicuous spot some plain old fashioned tooth paste. Not gel or anything. See if that helps.

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago

That is such a wacky suggestion it has to work! I'll give it a go tomorrow! Whitening or non whitening

Hope it does work, such a beautiful job on the clear that the swirls bother me. Not nought to stop playing it though

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-use-on-a-clear-coated-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.