Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BeaglePuss
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

A LOTR has just become available to me but I’ll have to trade in my FT to help out with the cash. I’ve played LOTR about a dozen times and enjoyed it. Would you make the trade for this game? I’ve also been eyeing TWD for awhile but this LOTR possibility might be having me put Walking Dead on the back burner.

#2 6 years ago

LOTR in my book. Should have kept mine.

#3 6 years ago

LOTR is a super cool pin and I like it much more than the walking dead. If I had to choose I’d take LOTR but I don’t think you could go wrong with either.

That being said fish tales is a classic to me and might be inching past whirlwind as my alltime favorite game.

#4 6 years ago

TWD>FT>LOTR

All good games though. You’ll probably be happy with any of them.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

TWD>FT>LOTR
    All good games though. You’ll probably be happy with any of them.

Dang FT>LOTR! Didn’t expect to hear that!

#6 6 years ago

LOTR is an epic journey game. Gotta love the theme to really appreciate it. And if you've never experienced LOTR, and you love the theme, it's a no brainer. now if you play lots of multiplayer games with friends and such, LOTR is not for you, this is a single player game. Think of it as the legend of Zelda of pinball. I would do the trade/upgrade and FT is the pin that got me hooked on pinball (pun intended). That said, how attached to RZ are you?

#7 6 years ago

I just think the feeling FT gives you when you somehow got through 3 multiballs and hit that death shot for the Super Jackpot is amazing.
    LOTR is a much deeper game, obviously. That just doesn’t translate to fun for me.

The consensus here is LOTR is amazing and I’m in the minority

#8 6 years ago

Keep FT.

#9 6 years ago

I would also consider waiting to hear what sterns next vault is. While I doubt it's LOTR, there's been rumors that it could happen.

#10 6 years ago

Get the LOTR, prices are only going up on that pin. It’s a great pin for home use and is easy to sell if you get tired of it. Definitely more to do compared to fish tales. All three pins you mentioned are all good in their own ways, it comes down to what you enjoy! My suggestion: buy all three

#11 6 years ago

Keep the FT , spend the extra cash . Move some things for extra needed space . I have both FT and LOTR , the FT gets more play . Having a extra title or several not a bad thing .

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

A LOTR has just become available to me but I’ll have to trade in my FT to help out with the cash. I’ve played LOTR about a dozen times and enjoyed it. Would you make the trade for this game? I’ve also been eyeing TWD for awhile but this LOTR possibility might be having me put Walking Dead on the back burner.

My check for $2,500?

#13 6 years ago

It depends on what you like short games or long games.

Ive had both and kept TWD.

But it’s not really a bimodal decision. If you have a deal for the LOTR get it now. You can always sell and get a TWD in the future.

#14 6 years ago

Yeah, get LOTR

#15 6 years ago

I do like Fish Tales and it was my first Pin purchase. But the shots and gameplay for LOTR is pretty fun I’m my opinion. I’ve never even seen the movies.

A perfect place would be to keep both but the money side of things probably won’t allow it

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Fish Tales > than LotR? I don't think so...

#17 6 years ago

LOTR ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 6 years ago

I own lotr and TWD and I like TWD much more than lotr Because it's quicker and a harder game. I rarely play my lotr because if I play it I will probably be having over an hour long game on it.

#19 6 years ago

LOTR is not better than FT on any planet under any circumstances...let’s just get that out of the way.

Both are great games and would complement each other in a collection since they are sooo different.

LOTR is one of the best long play “deep” games ever made - loaded with awesome shots, modes, toys, etc.

I’d love to have both but if i could only have one it would be LOTR every time

#20 6 years ago

I wouldn't sell FT. I prefer TWD over Lotr. Fish Tales is a perfect game in a small collection. Everyone likes it, it's easy to understand, but difficult to complete. I have a smaller collection and people flock to Fish Tales. I love Lotr, but I think I would get tired of it if I owned it. The reason being the long game times. Once you played a Lotr game that last a half hour, I don't think people would want to go back for another. Where as, you can play 5 games of TWD of Fish Tales in the same amount of time.

#21 6 years ago

Get LOTR... amazing game

#22 6 years ago

Looks unanimous on LOTR. Let me know if I can help you w financing.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

LOTR is a pretty good game but game times are just very long . Sure you could set it up to play real mean for shorter game times but it's not a very rewarding game to play when you get nowhere . I 'd take Fish Tales over LOTR also .

#24 6 years ago

I’ve owned and enjoyed all three games, and if I had to put them in order:
    LOTR>FT>TWD.

I would consider repurchasing both LOTR and FT down the road when I have more time to play, but I’ve had my fill of TWD for the most part.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-trade-my-ft-for?hl=tonyhoff1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.