• 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

I have $150,000, what car should I buy. Looking for a good car. Thanks.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

AMH is a sweet pick too if you can find one.

If you can get an AMH, no reason not to buy one. Probably won't lose much value if any and it's a cool game. You get rare hard to find collectible status with one too and can make threads like "What makes AMH so special?".

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

IMO anyone going from lotr to sttng and expecting "great code" will be sorely disappointed. Sttng is fun, great theme, awesome toys, nice shots, etc. It doesn't have great code though. I always said if there was ever a code rewrite for sttng I'll likely get another one. As it sits now it's way too unbalanced. Exploits like the video mode kill it along with ridiculous awards like 1 billion points for a set of artifacts.

I've never had to play STTNG in a tournament, what are the exploits (apparently PAPA's game notes page is gone)? Memorizing holodeck seems valuable. Super spinner seems valuable. Playing through the modes and cashing in your artifacts seems valuable. Multiball seems valuable. Lack of variety is never a complaint I had with STTNG.

If you're purely in a tournament situation you're going to time out some modes, but the modes in STTNG are some of my favorite of the era. I never time them out when I play.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Nobody mentioned a game I was considering: Twilight Zone. Thoughts on that all things considered?

Get it, it's the best f'in pin ever made.

It's no LOTR or WOZ in terms of code depth. Detractors will complain you can just railroad yourself to Lost in the Zone with 3-way combos, and it's true, but there are a couple of great multiballs along the way and the layout is just the sweetest.

Some games are great because they have 10 worthwhile unique modes, 4 multiballs, and 3 wizard modes. Some games are great because they have one slick spinner and it's the only thing you shoot in the game. TZ's lack of depth compared to the modern era is no issue for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defaultgen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-replace-lotr-with?tu=defaultgen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.