Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_6652.JPG
    FuseBox_Decals2_strips_Aug27-2010.pdf (PDF preview)
    Fuses_100_6651.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from KenH:

Have I got a table for you!
    I wrote this one, since I was always trying to figure out what fuses to have on hand. Its probably not 100% perfect, but it gets you in the ball park. And contributors are always adding to it, making it better.
    http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Fuse_Table

I was hoping to find a "Fusing for Dummies" type of reference here, and greatly appreciate your link that seems to cover this, along with many other allied topics. Maybe this should be a prominent sticky here, if that is not already the case. I lucked out immediately on this keyword search, saving me from starting up a new but redundant thread. I'm posting in this one year old thread because it seems relevant and a logical place to do so.

Guess I'll have to read through this to find out if my assumption that all these fuses for pins had to be of the 'Fast Acting' type was correct. At the moment, I'm needing to replace a fuse or two on an EM. The voltage question seems to be addressed in the Marco link I'm putting in below.

Had to do an online order, since some of these sizes are hard to find. Went to Frys: lots of marked items on the wall of that aisle, but NO stock ! Ace Hardware has a selection of sorts, but not what I needed, and mostly the Slo-Blow type. Tried the local Radio Shack, only to discover it had gone out of business ! Not a huge surprise, since their business model always sucked: there is almost nothing they carry that you can't buy for 1/4 their price elsewhere; all they had going for them was their ubiquity and the "7/11" convenience factor. I expect they must be shuttering stores right and left by now.

I think this is the one I needed:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AGC-12

12A is not so easy to find, or at least it wasn't when I went looking for some in stock.

The coils ref in your link looks like it will be useful too. Thanks again.

#12 9 years ago

OTTOgd,

That's certainly a better idea than the way I've been doing it. Guess the place to start would be with writing up an inventory for the pins one has. The operation manuals for some older pins like Gottlieb EMs could be rather skimpy, compared to many SS or later ones. I usually find a parts list, but there may be no mention of fuses at all. And I've bought game-specific kits that claimed to have the right fuses, but missed on some.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Heretic_9.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-have-on-hand-for-fuses-in-my-repair-inventory?tu=Heretic_9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.