Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SNL_Warren_2019_10_05_This Aint For You.gif
    88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa (resized).png
    slayer-the-repentless-killogy (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    No Stairway.gif

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

Thx

#52 3 years ago

What to expect?

I think a pinball machine that plays Led Zeppelin music.

Probably some ramps and pop bumpers...

Allot of bitching on here about playfield dimpling and other CQ related issues.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Boob, easy when you move this one in to your house. I may just want to visit and play yours. Not all of us can drive into PA just to enjoy a state of the art, amazing and unparalleled pinball experience.
    I will wear my Zep jean jacket and bring you a 6 pack of Zima, surely you couldn't pass on that?

As I stated in another thread, my door is always open to you to play any of my games, anytime. (Not for the next two weeks, though, because I'm being quarantined for being exposed to COVID.) If only I had a nice new Escalera to move this with...

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Well, there's been a Zep speculation thread getting kicked around a couple years now - I was really hoping it was someone that hadn't seen it so I could swoop in and blast the shit out of them for not seeing it - so imagine my DOUBLE dismay when, not only was that not the case, but it appears this dastardly device will actually be PRODUCED. In a moment of panic and momentarily sidelined from my original plan of attack, I realized what a monetary bonus this would be for me, and expressed myself thus, only to have my newfound elation maligned by your vicious rebuttal.
    i do kinda like that one song of theirs, though.

That was nicely worded, actually.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have fun playing robo cop, no super hero there

Come on man. Robocop is no superhero. Talk about a theme that needs to be done in modern pinball. 1 and 2, need Nuke Multiball.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

would ehoh be the same without?

It would be better. I enjoyed my time with SS but those bad joke repetitive call outs had me ready to open a vein after only a week. Maiden call outs never got tedious, STTNG same thing. Although extremely rare it can be done well. Anyway..............

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Come on man. Robocop is no superhero. Talk about a theme that needs to be done in modern pinball.

Damn right. And so many good quotes to use from the film.

#56 3 years ago

It'll have two ramps, three pops, dimpling and be disappointing to half of all pinside.

#57 3 years ago

I'd be surprised if this wasn't Stern's best effort in a while. The Beatles are more famous, sure, but with the cost of the license they had a stripped down budget for mechs and were limited to early Beatles songs. I feel like the IP lends itself more to creating an actual story beyond just collect all the band members / play all the songs style progression. Perhaps most importantly, a lot of the guys at Stern are pretty damn old and grew up with Zeppelin and will treat this as a passion project. I'm also hoping it's not that edgy, cartoon, caricatures of band members, Rat Fink style they've been using for a lot of the music pins. Nothing against it really, but we've been seeing a lot of it and something a little more typical of fantasy art would fit the band better. Perhaps look into some of the people who work for Wizards Of The Coast for future projects.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Come on man. Robocop is no superhero. Talk about a theme that needs to be done in modern pinball. 1 and 2, need Nuke Multiball.

It would be better. I enjoyed my time with SS but those bad joke repetitive call outs had me ready to open a vein after only a week. Maiden call outs never got tedious, STTNG same thing. Although extremely rare it can be done well. Anyway..............
    [quoted image]

Agree on ss gettin old. But ehoh still has more to offer. Please don't open a vein. Its only pinball

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Please don't open a vein. Its only pinball

A robocop pin, maybe a Predator and Sabbath that should quell the urge for vein popping.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

A robocop pin, maybe a Predator and Sabbath that should quell the urge for vein popping.

Nah..those are all dog shit.

#61 3 years ago

I'm 58 years and and my father had a pub/bar and we had a jukebox and never heard mutch about LZ, so why would a led zeppelin pinball a success. Very dull music for a pinball machine.

#62 3 years ago

LE's will sell out in less then 2 hours.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballwil:

I'm 58 years and and my father had a pub/bar and we had a jukebox and never heard mutch about LZ, so why would a led zeppelin pinball a success. Very dull music for a pinball machine.

They're the 7th best selling band in history, with a core demographic that has expendable income and is mostly still alive, plus large amounts of intergenerational appeal. They're quite possibly the best possible choice remaining out of all musical artists that don't already have a pinball machine. Michael Jackson is the only other artist close from a nuts and bolts, strictly by the numbers, way of looking at it.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

LE's will sell out in less then 2 hours.

Yup

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

They're the 7th best selling band in history, with a core demographic that has expendable income and is mostly still alive, plus large amounts of intergenerational appeal. They're quite possibly the best possible choice remaining out of all musical artists that don't already have a pinball machine. Michael Jackson is the only other artist close from a nuts and bolts, strictly by the numbers, way of looking at it.

How bout hendrix? Or a Woodstock pin? Id buy both

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I want a Sabbath pin so bad. I love Zeppelin and all but a really dark, totally evil ball busting Sabbath game would be so badass.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Man I want a Sabbath pin so bad. I love Zeppelin and all but a really dark, totally evil ball busting Sabbath game would be so badass.

Does sound like a good Ritchie pin! Fast and brutal

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Both would be good choices, Woodstock would probably be a nightmare to get the rights together from 50 odd, living and dead, performers of varying degrees of fame to do the theme justice. Led Zeppelin outsold everyone at Woodstock though.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does sound like a good Ritchie pin! Fast and brutal

Sabbath is my all time favorite band. But I think Judas Priest would make a good SR pin. The music is perfect for fast pinball.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sabbath is my all time favorite band. But I think Judas Priest would make a good SR pin. The music is perfect for pinball.

Agreed! That would be an instant buy for me as well. That reminds me that I’ve been meaning to put this on the turntable this weekend so I’m doing it now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #71 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sabbath is my all time favorite band. But I think Judas Priest would make a good SR pin. The music is perfect for fast pinball.

But Sabbath is so dark, right up ritchies alley, with voices from acdc, bksor, that woukd be great!!

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you ever happy?

He’s happy if he’s pissing you off!

#73 3 years ago

A vast improvement from the BKSOR upper for one thing.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

He’s happy if he’s pissing you off!

Exactly right.
    Romulick knows, when Jacoff has ready u to kill he's happier than a pig in shit.
    Love Sabbath and The priest but a Slayer pin would be the best choice.

slayer-the-repentless-killogy (resized).jpgslayer-the-repentless-killogy (resized).jpg
    #75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only if there's a mode where u drive a big rig through the crowd and kill hippies. Then burn the stage down while The Rolling Stones are on. I better stop there.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But Sabbath is so dark, right up ritchies alley, with voices from acdc, bksor, that woukd be great!!

Dont get me wrong, I would welcome a Sabbath pin, but as long as Sharon Osbourne is running things, it will never be done right.

#77 3 years ago

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Only if there's a mode where u drive a big rig through the crowd and kill hippies. Then burn the stage down while The Rolling Stones are on. I better stop there.

I think you need some help. Be calm, the docs are on their way

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dude. I think you need some help. Just be calm until help arrives

I know healthcare is free in Canada (haha) but does that include mental health?

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Exactly right.
    Romulick knows, when Jacoff has ready u to kill he's happier than a pig in shit.
    Love Sabbath and The priest but a Slayer pin would be the best choice.
    [quoted image]

Slayer is a no brainer as well. Would love to play that one. Unfortunately it will be too harsh for some folks. The ones that think the only good music are radio hits that get played in commercials and sports arenas.

The same folks also stay away from mayonase because it's too spicy.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Dont get me wrong, I would welcome a Sabbath pin, but as long as Sharon Osbourne is running things, it will never be done right.

Iommi owns Sabbath. No problem there. Plus if need be I'll take a Gillian/Dio Sabbath pin.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think you need some help. Be calm, the docs are on their way

Kill the hippies.
    Thank you for editing "dude" out of the post. Highly appreciated.

#83 3 years ago

Quoted from romulusx:I know healthcare is free in Canada (haha) but does that include mental health?

Why do u need free mental health care to help with ur love of Wonka and "Kid Multiballs" private care will cost u but if ur that far gone then its free in Government run Looney Bins. Try this one. There's a brewery right next door.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Iommi owns Sabbath. No problem there. Plus if need be I'll take a Gillian/Dio Sabbath pin.

I wish Iommi still owned Sabbath, but I think its 50/50 split between him and the Osbournes and Sharon gets final say.

She makes sure that Ozzy is the only singer that gets recognized from their history

Thats why Born Again is an all time favorite album for me, because it has "Digital Bitch" on it.

#85 3 years ago

Excited to see what songs will be used. Zep had 8 great albums 10 years than compared to GNR’s three albums in 35 years.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Why do u need free mental health care to help with ur love of Wonka and "Kid Multiballs" private care will cost u but if ur that far gone then its free in Government run Looney Bins. Try this one. There's a brewery right next door.

Dude this last rant is not even coherent

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Agreed! That would be an instant buy for me as well. That reminds me that I’ve been meaning to put this on the turntable this weekend so I’m doing it now.
    [quoted image]

"Saints in Hell"..... 'nuff said.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

"Saints in Hell"..... 'nuff said.

We’re going doooooown into the fire

#89 3 years ago

That blimp is going on that playfield a ball lock or something bet you.Rather have a Pink Floyd pin with light show and they had cool albums covers and stuff that could stretch the imagination eat a white wall and watch the table melt.hope jjp gets that one for the light show.

#90 3 years ago

I’m mostly curious about what the LCD would look like for a Zepplin game

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bandit78:

I would like good flow, minimal ramps/toys, great graphics/music, and it better have a Stairway to Heaven.

Stairway has gotta be the opener and the wizard mode!

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from FlashDaddy:

plus large amounts of intergenerational appeal..

This is simply not true.

#93 3 years ago

Oh God Romulick u make me so sad. If u can't understand what I mean then it only gives the comment more validity. Good day sir.

#94 3 years ago

If there is another metal pin its going to be Megadeth. Ric Vattle artwork would rock!!

#95 3 years ago

So what type of toy should stairway be ? Some sort of ramp that raises out of the playfield ?

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

So what type of toy should stairway be ? Some sort of ramp that raises out of the playfield ?

Too literal. Maybe the player is taking money off the old lady in the first verse, hit combos to deplete her bank account down to zero?

#97 3 years ago

Wizard mode multiball should be ‘Bring it on home’ as in complete the shots for the win.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Too literal. Maybe the player is taking money off the old lady in the first verse, hit combos to deplete her bank account down to zero?

WTF?

#99 3 years ago

Occasionally we hear of people who don’t know that Led Zeppelin are one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They are the first band referred to as “hard rock”. So hopefully this pin is taken seriously by Stern and give this band some love and respect.

After finishing a concert, early audiences often paused for some time before erupting into applause since they had never heard of anything like this before in this way and were just stunned. So if you’ve never heard of them before or just need a reminder, here’s a TV concert. Enjoy. And good luck Stern - do this right!

#100 3 years ago

Thank you sir!

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-expect-from-stern-s-zeppelin/page/2?hl=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.