(Topic ID: 21216)

What to expect from a new CPR playfield.

By vid1900

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jmoore211
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

centaurhelp3.jpg
    centaurhelp2.jpg
    Sexy-Raised2.jpg
    Sexy-Raised-Inserts.jpg
    Sexy-Sag3.jpg
    Sexy-Sag2.jpg
    Sexy-Sag.jpg
    DSC02969.JPG
    HOT-DOG.jpg
    PAINT-RUNS.jpg
    HOLES-AND-CRUD.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

All I'm going to say is that I sent my playfield back to CPR for paint in the inserts. There were four or five affected shown exactly like above AND there was paint clear through the holes on the top of the playfield overlapping art, under clearcoat.

They have taken care of me across two playfields with different issues, but yes, I'm slowly coming around to the fact that stuff like this is actually considered normal. No crud or holes that I saw, but did have popped inserts with torn clear on my second pf. I'll live.

I'm not sending mine back out to be recleared by them or anyone else. It's getting installed as-is. I'd rather just go ahead and do the swap at this point and then I will send it in when it actually gets some wear on the clear around those inserts. I can't wait another 4-6 months to do the swap....and I was going to have to pull everything off to do it anyways!

#11 11 years ago

Yeah. They had a fair point...it was in the pop bumper area, it would've been covered up when fully assembled, but for me, it's a quality issue. I'm not a professional restorer, I'm a noob who never picked up a soldering iron for ANYTHING until this time last year! I didn't feel like dealing with the issues, and why should I. It was 600 bucks and shipping! They have taken good care of me, and they do go out of their way to explain why things happen the way they do and so on...they're good people. Stuff happens.

I still ended up with a playfield with issues in the end, lol. Karma, I guess.

#26 11 years ago

I agree with what Stu is saying. Kevin even offered to re-clearcoat my replacement playfield. I only passed on it because I just want to have a nice looking playing Shuttle for a while... been over a year now I think since I paid for the playfield..it's time.

They paid for the old one to ship back, and for the replacement to ship to me.

#32 11 years ago

Wait....isn't Paragon widebody? I thought you guys weren't DOING any more widebody after Flight 2000!!! HELLS. YEAH......maybe by the time it comes out I will be able to afford another CPR playfield.

5 months later
    #62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

Wondering if we can get the Pf's ordered without the clear, that would take out any clear issues, and lower the price.

That option was there for Space Shuttle... had I known what I know now, I would have totally went that route myself.. hindsight being 20/20 and all..lol..

Did they get rid of it?

Sorry for tilting your post Vid, but that last one was a bit too much to be able to open the thread at work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-expect-from-a-new-cpr-playfield?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.