Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TopMoose
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-974.jpg
    image-900.jpg
    4_expo_necklace_blue.jpg
    3_necklace_expo.jpg
    2_necklace_expo_silver.jpg
    1_necklace_expo_silver.jpg
    IMG_3432.JPG
    Golf Ball Gumball.png
    Pinball Gumball.png
    image-437.jpg
    image.jpg
    Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif
    IMG_20130410_140633_691.jpg
    GumBall-Pin.jpg
    suspend-your-disbelief-as-home-alone-b.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Many people extoll the virtues of replacing the balls often. But what do you do with the old scuffed up balls beside put them in the trash?

I lack creativity. I have heard:
    1) repolish them
    2) put them in a gumball machine

#2 11 years ago

Make a pinball cannon and go target shooting!

#3 11 years ago

chuck them down the toilet to save water!

#4 11 years ago

Pinball Light

pinblight.jpgpinblight.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Kids like to play with them!

#6 11 years ago

I put a large magnet in a base and made a decorative pyramid.

#7 11 years ago

Polish them silly!

#8 11 years ago

Shoot the out of a cannon.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Gotta clean them, here is a product many men use:

#10 11 years ago

Lay them on the floor just inside your front door.

suspend-your-disbelief-as-home-alone-b.jpgsuspend-your-disbelief-as-home-alone-b.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Throw them at cars while driving down the road.

#12 11 years ago

How about rolling a few dozen in a restaurant under the waiters feet?

#13 11 years ago

I have a double head commercial gumball machine, I fill one side with candy, and the other with old balls...

#14 11 years ago

I have a double head commercial gumball machine, I fill one side with candy, and the other with old balls...

Same idea, but single gumball

GumBall-Pin.jpgGumBall-Pin.jpg

#15 11 years ago

I give them to people at the bars after I swap them out the same day. I tell people, here you go, don't throw it at anything. for some reason younger bar girls think they are cool.

#16 11 years ago

Be careful filling gumball machines, a buddy had an antique one with a glass body and added one too many.
    Glass and pinballs everywhere.
    I polish them and then inspect, the rejects go to a friend who does decorative iron work.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

for some reason younger bar girls think they are cool.

#18 11 years ago

The gumball machine is a cool idea! I always keep a few in the car. If I'm driving late at night and some bozo won't move out of the Fast Lane to let me pass.....I pull in front of him and let a few balls drop out the window....

#19 11 years ago

I say bury them with respect. They at least deserve that after the pounding you've given them!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I say bury them with respect.

Yes, then they'll find them thousands of years from now and won't know what they are...

#21 11 years ago

Give them to kids when they leave. That way they can have fun with them in their parent's houses

#22 11 years ago

After my balls get used, I'm usually down for a nap. Kapooya kapooya

#23 11 years ago

Throw them at peoples windshields when they tailgate you on the motorcycle

#24 11 years ago

Use them as slingshot ammo.

#25 11 years ago

Paint 'em red and hand them out as jawbreakers.

#26 11 years ago

Put them in an old sock, and keep it under your car seat for 'emergencies'.

#27 11 years ago

I carry when on my motorcycle....actually had a guy screw with me on a highway. I was in the right lane when this car pulled up next to me and acted like he was swerving towards me. I slowed way down and the guy drove away. 3 miles down the road he was on the side of the road and saw me coming and pulled out. Well I ended up in the center lane and this knucklehead would not stop screwing around. I had to open his drivers window with a pinball to let him know what I had to say. I think he may of pooped his pants.

#28 11 years ago

I'm not seeing a vast expansion of the original list of two. Additional ideas seem to fall into the categories of:

3) Use as a weapon for self defense
    4) Art/decoration (the gumball idea could be argued to be part of this - a way to create art/decoration for those of us with no artistic skills)

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

I carry when on my motorcycle....actually had a guy screw with me on a highway. I was in the right lane when this car pulled up next to me and acted like he was swerving towards me. I slowed way down and the guy drove away. 3 miles down the road he was on the side of the road and saw me coming and pulled out. Well I ended up in the center lane and this knucklehead would not stop screwing around. I had to open his drivers window with a pinball to let him know what I had to say. I think he may of pooped his pants.

Way to go. He deserved it.

#30 11 years ago

can you not get them recycled? Save up enough of them and you should get a nice amount of dosh ;0)

#31 11 years ago

Most of mine just find their way to the landfill when they are replaced. I did give one from a Count-Down to my nephew when he was over to play with and keep.

#32 11 years ago

I tossed some old rusty balls as well as a gassed DMD. Dropped that sucker on the DMD, boosh!

#33 11 years ago

Hey there! In addition to the Gumball Idea, I also like to use them to make Trophy/Plaques for Tournaments. This goes for old flippers and what-not as well. If you can't use them, your local Pinball League or Show Organizers might be able to recycle them for such creations!

#34 11 years ago

As long as your old balls don't get rusty, keep them hanging around.

#35 11 years ago

Pinball trophy’s!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Make some of these:
    » YouTube video

cant believe i watched that whole thing- pretty interesting...

#38 11 years ago

I recycle them, just drop them in an old coffee can or something, and when I head to the scrap yard, they pay me so I can buy new ones. Scrap metal prices aren't bad in my area, so I figure why throw money in the trash, plus it doesn't take very many balls to add up to some decent weight.

#39 11 years ago

Human Plinko: Fill a paperbag and then let them go from the back row of the movie theater.

#40 11 years ago

Put it in an armored box with a sign that says: Open after apocalypse. And the Zombie/Nuclear survivors cand find it Put pics and manuals of good games and maybe they will recreate them a 1000 years from now. Pinball Will live for ever!!!

#42 11 years ago

I work in an office area. Maybe someone can enhance this idea, but if someone just made a nice wood block with a groove on it to display used balls, that would be nicer than the ghetto setup I have at my cube right now. Everyone who stops by does fidget with them, so there is some opportunity here to convert these balls into an office desk toy.

IMG_20130410_140633_691.jpgIMG_20130410_140633_691.jpg

#43 11 years ago

Newton's Cradles....

Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gifNewtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Make some of these:
    » YouTube video

was that David Hasselhoff I saw?! WTF?

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As long as your old balls don't get rusty, keep them hanging around.

That's what she said

#46 11 years ago

:lol:Clean them and package them up nice and give them to the girlfriend or wife
    A special gift from Ben Wa

image.jpgimage.jpg

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

:lol:Clean them and package them up nice and give them to the girlfriend or wife

Looks like I will not have to buy her any gifts for a while!

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Thats awesome.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

Make some of these:
    » YouTube video

Haaaa that's too much. Why didn't you just reverse the procedure to get the ball out?(Although the shock effect of the chisel was priceless.)

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

» YouTube video

Yeah, only an orthodontist could afford THAT

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-used-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.