By accidental

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sega_1998_Lost_In_Space_Sample_Game_Ma.pdf (PDF preview)
jp_underside.jpg
JP.JPG
jurassic-park-umbrella.gif
JP.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

Congrats on the JP!! I just got mine as my first pin about a month ago. I'm learning quite a bit reading this post, and am really glad mine didn't seem to have these issues because I would be lost. lol I will add that all the lights (that have the colored condoms) that are on top of the gate, bunker posts, t-rex markers in bottom left, etc were not converted to LED because the seller said they were notorious for not fitting correctly, falling out, and being too bright. I do have LEDs in most of the playfield and blue in the back GI ones, and if you play it in the dark for very long you'll swear you are going to have a seizure from all the bright flashing. It is gorgeous though.
I'll also add that mine had Cliffy protectors on the bunkers, and I ended up taking them off because it made the bunkers harder to hit and the ball would get stuck coming back out of the far left bunker. I don't know if they were just installed wrong or what, and they certainly looked much better with the protectors on, but it plays better without in my opinion.
For cheap mods, check into the Papo dinos on Amazon. For less than $45, I got the t-rex, raptor, and pteradon to add to the playfield and they look great. The t-rex fits in the back right corner, the raptor over the raptor kick, and the pteradon where the pteradactyls are now. You have to remove the t-rex when you lift the playfield because he is so large he barely clears the glass, but he looks super cool.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Moving the scoop back only takes 5 minutes so why noy do it?

I was adjusting the heck out of the scoop itself with a pair of pliers, and never could get it to work. I even had it popping straight up on the playfield at one point. lol So out came the protectors just so I could play without taking the glass off all the time. I'm pretty sure I bent them up a little getting them out, but I may attempt to put them back in correctly some day. It seemed like the ball would literally hit the front and bounce off the control room and would get stuck coming out of the left bunker, so I thought it was maybe the metal at the base but probably everything was just too tight from not being adjusted back. The pin came with them, so I didn't know anything about instructions or issues. Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-my-first-pin-jurassic-park?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.