By accidental

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sega_1998_Lost_In_Space_Sample_Game_Ma.pdf (PDF preview)
jp_underside.jpg
JP.JPG
jurassic-park-umbrella.gif
JP.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_johnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The latest ROM version I believe (you can check this with a revision history somewhere too, I think) just dealt with slowing down the T-Rex turning left and right so it would stop burning the motor out. If your T-Rex doesn't move back and forth, definitely no need for it. If it does, it's up to you. The motor is expensive to replace, but it shouldn't be getting totally beat up. I've actually been tempted to make my ROMs older just to see how big of a difference it is.

Oh damn, That's why my new motor took a crap so quick! I replaced it and thought I did something wrong. $110 wasted. Gears were stripped. I took it apart and found the gear boxes to be cheap crap. My T-rex eats balls and that's good enough for me. If I still have it next year I'll update the ROM and get a new motor and try it again. Right now I'm still a little disgusted with it.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

He's not shutting his mouth when over the ball and instead closing it too late on his way back up. I see in another thread that this can be caused by faulty wiring inside the T-Rex so I'll have to open him up. Might as well check those l-r motor gears while I'm at it.

You just might get lucky I'm pretty sure the up/down switches have some room for adjustment and you may not have to disassemble the mech. It's a fussy setup but it is pretty cool. Good luck!

#32 11 years ago

Hopefully that's it. Are those switches under the playfield or inside the rex? It's pretty tough to work on that part of the playfield underside as it's right at the bottom of the cabinet when fully raised.

Yeah they're easy to get to: two white ones on mine. Removing the mech is a pain:

jp_underside.jpgjp_underside.jpg

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Sounds like you may not be making use of all your available playfield positions.

Yeah good point because that part is really comfortable to work on although it's still dificult to get the whole mechanism out. I've done it a few times and don't look forward to doing it again. Also, you can go into diagnostics and use the fliiper buttons to eject balls out of the trough before tilting it all the way back.

2 months later
#39 11 years ago

Your first few issues could actually be just your settings (if your feelin' lucky)

Check game adjustment #33 Coils Pulse - make sure it's set to Normal. I turn mine down in the summer because I get low voltage at my house and the game resets when I get a lot coils firing.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Thanks! I'm quite pleased with what I managed to achieve with my first pin

Well, you're all ready for #2!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Matt_johnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-my-first-pin-jurassic-park?tu=Matt_johnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.