10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RudeDogg1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey all,

I who wondering what people generally do with labels on machines when doing restoration work? For example, if you were repainting the inside of a Williams cabinet, what would you do with the square white label on the inside of the cabinet with the serial number and whatnot? I'd like to remove and reattach them, but I don't know if that's the general practice or not. Thanks in advance.

Luke

#2 10 years ago

There are services around that will re-print you a complete set with your machines serial number if desired.

#3 10 years ago

I am not sure if there is a "general practice" but for any high end restoration I would remove the labels, fully restore the cabinet finish and print replicas. I might make a kind of scrapbook of the originals in that is a nice historical accompaniment to the game. You can keep it in the coin box along with the manual.

#4 10 years ago

I has this exact question. Didn't know there were service that would print it for you. I thought maybe people were scanning them.

#5 10 years ago

For good labels I use a heat gun and a razor blade to gently remove. Do the resto. Apply 3m spray adhesive (lightly) to the label, let it get tacky (5-10 mins), then reapply. My results came out very nice.

#6 10 years ago

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies; greatly appreciate it!

Luke

#7 10 years ago

Email Treasure Cove.
    They make many restoration decals.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Email Treasure Cove.
    They use to make a set personalized with your machine serial number
    Example-

That is tempting...

#9 10 years ago

not even got the serial number one on mine :0s

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-labels-on-restorations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.