(Topic ID: 330822)

what to do with empty PIN cabinet?

By Amarillopinball

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

whenever i received my stern JPH PIN, it had a little dent on the underside of the cabinet, so the distributor sent in a pic to stern and i completely forgot about it as you couldnt even see it. more than a year later, a new JP empty bottom cab is now sitting in my garage. I don't even have the game anymore.

what should I do with it, make a virtual pin? sell it? i would think there would be limited interest.

#2 1 year ago

Return it to stern?
    Probably an unpopular idea….

#3 1 year ago

Somebody who wants to make a Homebrew would be happy to have it

#4 1 year ago

Make it into a downhill derby racer.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Make it into a downhill derby racer.

I actually like this idea

#6 1 year ago

You should update your collection! Still shows you have a JPH!
    Offer it locally or contact the buyer of your JPH and see if they want the replacement cab, out of the kindness of your heart!

#7 1 year ago

Put it up for sale, see what offers you get.. someone may actually need to replace his, could make it into a virtual game, etc.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Put it up for sale, see what offers you get.. someone may actually need to replace his, could make it into a virtual game, etc.

Yup, if you don't want it, sell it. Someone else can probably find a use for it.

#9 1 year ago

My buddy got a free Sega Goldeneye cabinet about 6 months ago. He plans on dropping his extra populated Galaxy playfield in and building a Frankenstein pin.

I know another guy locally that is looking for a modern Stern Cabinet to build a Seawitch with.

Offer it up for cheap or free and there will be interest.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

I actually like this idea

Based on the number of carguments around here pinball machines are basically cars anyway. I support this idea.

#11 1 year ago

Bring it to TPF, someone will take it

#12 1 year ago

Sell for 300 - 400 or chop it up & use it as firewood

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Amarillopinball:

whenever i received my stern JPH PIN, it had a little dent on the underside of the cabinet, so the distributor sent in a pic to stern and i completely forgot about it as you couldnt even see it. more than a year later, a new JP empty bottom cab is now sitting in my garage. I don't even have the game anymore.
    what should I do with it, make a virtual pin? sell it? i would think there would be limited interest.

I have an empty cab stored upright in my garage that’s used to store folded moving blankets for pin pickups.
    It also has two EM heads on top of it for parts as needed.

#14 1 year ago

Makes a great coffin...

#15 1 year ago

Can be used for making a virtual pin but warning they do suck

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

My buddy got a free Sega Goldeneye cabinet about 6 months ago. He plans on dropping his extra populated Galaxy playfield in and building a Frankenstein pin.
    I know another guy locally that is looking for a modern Stern Cabinet to build a Seawitch with.
    Offer it up for cheap or free and there will be interest.

What?! This is all wrong!
    A Galaxy wouldn’t really work in a Sega cabinet and a Modern Stern shouldn’t fit a Seawitch... your buddy is gonna have a tough time adjusting everything to fit properly

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What?! This is all wrong!
    A Galaxy wouldn’t really work in a Sega cabinet and a Modern Stern shouldn’t fit a Seawitch... your buddy is gonna have a tough time adjusting everything to fit properly

I think you underestimate this community. Galaxy guy likes the idea of building a pin from free parts.

Seawitch guy wants to build a Seawitch in the style of a Stern Beatles.

You just make it work.

#18 1 year ago

Make yourself a mini jacuzzi with it.

#19 1 year ago

Line it an make it into a cooler?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-empty-pin-cabinet?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.