022.JPG
024.JPG
021.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
014.JPG
#1 11 years ago

My friend obtained a Bally Black Jack from his neighbor. It had been sitting in the guy's garage for 10 years or so, in pieces, covered in dust and dirt. After sitting in my friend's basement for 2 years, I convinced him to let me have it for evaluation.
Not sure what to do with it and just looking for opinions.
The BG is an 8, and really makes me want to bring it back to life, and I can repaint the cabinet and backbox. PF is a 6.5-7, however....the mpu will probly need replaced along with the light driver, all coils, connectors, etc.

Never attempted a restore like this. I'm a relative newbie and have pretty much just done routine maintenance on the mechanical and cosmetic problems on my 2 late 70's pins.

How difficult does this sound, should it cost more than $4-500?

#2 11 years ago

pics

014.JPG014.JPG

#3 11 years ago

playfield

016.JPG016.JPG 017.JPG017.JPG 015.JPG015.JPG

#4 11 years ago

the bad parts....sorry for the low-res

021.JPG021.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG 022.JPG022.JPG

#5 11 years ago

The plastics are available at CPR.

#6 11 years ago

Your MPU looks toasted. I can sell you a refurbished MPU for $100.

#7 11 years ago

That's a good start, I'll definitely keep you in mind. It's AS-2518-17.
I'm still debating whether to start putting money into it or not.

Needs new MPU, and maybe light driver....coils are all rusty, needs a lockbar, glass, rubbers, paint job...the whole shebang.

#8 11 years ago

The MPU may be fixable. Look into getting a corrosion rebuild kit at Great Plains Electronics. I setup a PC Power supply on my bench and was able to get my Embryon MPU working again. The LED will give you some clue what is failing and take it from there. It will take some time to bring this machine to life but you can learn a lot in the process.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-bally-black-jack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.