Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bad Merco playfield (resized).jpg
    7EFD6BD8-DE75-4310-8B32-B264501D524D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a repro TZ PF that I bought and put it In the closest for a year. When I took it out every inset was milky white. I sent it to someone to see if they could fix it and it could not be fixed. I tried sanding it down very slowly as an experiment but you know wheat happened, I just sanded into the ink and that was the it. I never threw it away but the o my thing I could think of it being good for is for someone to make a white wood or a returner out of it. Ideas form you creative people?

#17 6 years ago

No, it wasn't stored improperly. The seller and I wont mention his name as to not beat a dead horse did send me another one but it had a silver dollar size bubble in the clear that I had to have fixed. I know this guy makes great stuff but it seems that every time I buy from him I get a bad PF. He is good about replacing it however. The mini PF I got with the PF had ghosting on it as well.

I just thought someone might want it.

#21 6 years ago

What I want to see is someone take it and do a black and white TZ PF out of it. I don't want it. I have the other one and I cannot spend money having it done.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

That would be a normal reaction. I would write friendly and ask for support .... if it is a process fail, I am sure he will help you out !

I would contact him but I don't know how to convince this man that the I received another defective PF when I 3 out of the 4 PFs I have bought from him had issues. At some point I would think he would stop giving replacements. He never asks for me to return the original so as far as he knows I am BSing him and selling them for a profit. I sent both the original and the replacement to be fixed and one looks good but the original one looked worse then it did before. It sucks because it was one of the pinkish TZ PFs. I wouldn't believe it even with pictures.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

*** cosmo nervously walks to his closet to look at his Mirco TOM playfield that has been curing for a few months ***

Lol

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

LMFAO

Hmmm, sounds like a good project... I am "local" too.

You want it, come get it.

#32 6 years ago

Here it is. It looks like something got spilled on it. It was out in my garage. Someone asked for it but I would like to see it repaired and used in a game. Hopefully something like the planked Monster Bash. It would make me happy just to have donated the pf to that cause.

7EFD6BD8-DE75-4310-8B32-B264501D524D (resized).jpeg7EFD6BD8-DE75-4310-8B32-B264501D524D (resized).jpeg

#38 6 years ago

It wasn't stored in a garage before it ghosted. It was wrapped in a sheet and put in a dry closet along with 4 others. I got it out and all the inserts had turned white. I sent it to someone to fix it and it only got worse. Since it was garbage already I decided to sand it down and see what happened and you can see what happened. I left it in my work garage as trash. I saw it the other day and thought I might ask you creative people if you might be able to salvage it. I have seen you do more with worse.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What did mirco say was the problem?
    Did he offer any guesses? Did he mention water based finish?

No, he just sent me another one. I wanted to salvage this one if I could instead of it going to waste

#43 6 years ago

It wasn’t a CPR PF. I have never had a problem with those

You can buy the TZ PFs with the 3rd hole or not.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Did you leave them in their shipping boxes? If so I'd remove them and let the clear properly cure. Store them flat or install some hardening rails if you need to store them vertical.
    So ZR... if you sanded the field did you buff it out yet or did you just leave it sanded? Looks like the latter to me.

After it broke through and started sanding off the ink the thing was ironed to me. I didn’t bother with it anymore. I was going to throw it in the trash but didn’t have the heart

#57 6 years ago

Gap has asked if he could buy it to do another black and white TZ out of it. I know some asked if they could have it but this is what I was wanting to be done with it and what I was holding out for. I just wish I could have one to put in a game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-with-a-ruined-repro-tz-pf?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.