Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by GLSP3022
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeatBachs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, a guy here locally has recently put some of his machines up on ebay. I've offered an overly fair price for the entire lot of them not too long ago (knowing exactly how much time and money I'll sink into them to add them to my collection), but he's one of the guys that thinks that in our current market, just because it's a pinball machine it means each is worth $3-4k no matter the condition. (He did manage to have a working Congo he sold for $4000 right away, which only reaffirms his belief) Anyway, three of the machines he has listed on ebay as "working great" and I've seen these machines in person very recently and two of them don't even boot. One is missing a logic board, one has a battery corroded board and the other has something wrong with all the lamp drivers.

I don't want any of my fellow pinheads to get excited bidding on these machines only to find out that they are wayyyy close from advertised. I guess there's no way to flag the listings, so I'll just tell you guys here...beware the Breakshot, Nightmare on Elmstreet and Dirty Harry on ebay right now.

-b

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Checked out these listings just because I was bored. No pics on any of the listings with the pin turned on??? Works great, but doesn't even power up. AT LEAST take a pic, or 2 of the machine on showing it at least turns on and displays work etc.. Who really buys pins off Epay anyways??

Exactly. No powered up pics, because they don't power up! Ha! There's been some bids, and I feel sorry for those folks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeatBachs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-you-see-a-bad-ebay-listing-bidder-beware?tu=BeatBachs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.