(Topic ID: 242782)

What to do when you offer asking price - and then they raise it?

By mamemaster

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What to do when you offer asking price - and then they raise it?”

• Give up and move on. 99 votes
      88%
    • Offer more if you really want it. 14 votes
      12%

(113 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C5A5A2C3-B717-4B2B-9701-F2AB1F31580C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 4 years ago

I've never bought a pin yet from a public forum like CL or Facebook where after I've got a tentative deal from a seller, some A-hole flipper in the pinball community calls the seller up, finds the item is "sold", and proceeds to tell the seller that the item is worth MUCH more than he listed it for and offers a hundred or two more than me. Then, more often than not, I'm in an auction.
    A very very few sellers will honor their agreement with me regardless of subsequent offers. Most will generally beat me up for another couple hundred and then honor their agreement. A few will just open the auction for bidding, and let the highest bidder win! I usually walk away from those. No surprises here with your situation. Some people just can't stand seeing another person get a good deal instead of them, and are bound and determined to screw everyone else over until they get the deal. So be it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sbmania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-you-offer-asking-price-and-then-they-raise-it?tu=sbmania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.