(Topic ID: 242782)

What to do when you offer asking price - and then they raise it?

By mamemaster

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What to do when you offer asking price - and then they raise it?”

• Give up and move on. 99 votes
      88%
    • Offer more if you really want it. 14 votes
      12%

(113 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C5A5A2C3-B717-4B2B-9701-F2AB1F31580C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

offer him quite a large sum over his highest bid he got, tell him you'll pick it up in a week and then never show, that will teach that dumba$$

This, it works and people learn a lesson.
    Make every arrangement then radio silence. You will get an angry text when you do not show up. Wait an hour, then say this just is not a prudent purchase. I bought something else.
    Sorry you wasted my time.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Last year I was first to respond to a really nice T2 that popped up on local CL.
    I wanted to go see it right away, but the guy said he wasn’t available till early the next morning (about an hour away).
    When I showed up in the morning the first thing he said was “I listed it too cheap didn’t I?”.
    He told me his son listed the game for him and people were calling offering more. The father asked the son “did you tell this guy that he had first shot?”. The son replied yes and the father told him to keep his word and he had to offer it to me first.
    I wound up buying the game and thanked him for being a man if his word.
    Unfortunately mood all buyers are like that.

Well??? How much was the T-2?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

Update - a connection of mine who know both of us jumped in and smoothed things out after I told the seller I was going to move on. It was really nice (and unexpected!) of him to do that....I trust this particular contact of mine and he's been a good guy to buy from in the past.
    I would be happy if this works out.....if it weren't for my contact I would have not even considered moving on this....

Oh hell, there goes the drama, but we like happy endings.
    Wondering if posting this thread had any influence?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-you-offer-asking-price-and-then-they-raise-it?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.