(Topic ID: 240500)

What to do when shippers lose your pin

By Djsandoz

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

What are you to do when the shipping company loses your pinball machine? Had scheduled appt to drop off my munsters premium on Monday 9am to 2pm fail to make it I called said sorry we for got to put on truck and promised me they would have it first thing Tuesday morning no go call at 2pm said sorry it's on the way dispatch had me scheduled for 9am to 2pm but it should arrive at 430 sorry. Didnt come call at 500 now their telling me that the dock manager was on vacation just came back today and he'll let me know if he finds it .not sure what to do at this point ever happen to anyone out their and any advice?

#2 5 years ago

File an insurance claim.

#3 5 years ago

Call your distributor and ask for their help.

#4 5 years ago

Do what I did after my game bounced all over from one end of the country to the other and then they brought me the wrong game when they did show up .......I went and got it myself, we'll once I located where it was that is. Shipping games is just not worth the hassle and the risk anymore.....
    John

#5 5 years ago

they will find it, it sucks I had a Spider man get lost in a Chicago terminal for 8 days. Eventually showed up and I requested half refund and after talking to a couple managers i got that refund.

#6 5 years ago

The good thing is they probably didn't really 'lose' it. Freight shipping seems to have its own rules and standards that aren't as consumer friendly as USPS, FedEx, UPS. In my experience being late or having your delivery bumped isn't uncommon. If it goes another day or two like this I'd contact your distributor to help light a fire under their butts.

#7 5 years ago

The longer it takes the more I would suspect thatl it is getting mishandled.

#8 5 years ago

Oh, that was yours? Sorry I will put it back in the box.

They will deliver it. Give it another day or two then go to the terminal and get in their face. I find sometimes if i'm standing there instead of on a phone I get better results.

#9 5 years ago

They finally found it 3 days later ! Thanks everyone

#10 5 years ago

Doubt they would do anything but for that hassle I would want a partial shipping refund.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Djsandoz:

wonder how a 350 machine gets "lost".

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Djsandoz:

Happy for you that they found it!

I consider you lucky since my first NIB shipment was never located after arriving at LAX. I bought one of the last Metallica Premiums available at the time, then had to wait 3-4 months for Stern to ramp up production again before my distributor could send a replacement. The waiting game wasn't much fun but I did finally receive a machine.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

wonder how a 350 machine gets "lost".

I wondered the same, then decided "stolen" was more likely in my case.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-shippers-loss-you-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.