Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4309 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 8.58.22 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcannan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

Some times things happen with sellers. About 25 years ago I had a buyer come from Toronto to pick up a Black Hole I had for sale. BH was as described and he was glad to pay my asking price. We spent another couple of hours playing my games, talking about pinball, and life in general. I always enjoyed sharing and showing off my collection, and as usual I felt I had made a new friend. When he saw a nearly mint Vector, not working or set up he talked me into selling it for $500. He said he had other things going on but would come back for in in three weeks. I refused a deposit promising it would be his if he came back within a month. The next weak I received in the mail a Canadian money order from him for $500. US. I cashed the MO and set aside the week end he had said he would come back for the game. He didn't come or contact me that week end. I found that I had lost his phone number, and I had seen his address on the MO but had cashed it, and it was gone. Now jump forward about seven years. I get an email from him. He said he had a great time with me, and after sending the MO, a situation came up that prevented him for coming back when he said he would. He had lost my contact information, and had just gotten my email from an add I had posted some ware. Do you still have my game? I stated that I did, but as to the fact I had had to move it several times, and the value had gone up, I wanted a $200. storage charge. I also told him that I still needed space more than money, and if he came and bought another machine, I would wave the storage charge. I don't know if he lost my information again or was upset that I expected $200. for storing his pin, but I never heard back from him. I still have the game and may sell it soon. If he should contact me now I know, I would feel a little guilty about it ,but would have to tell him that his ticket was all punched years ago. I never wanted to take deposits and always honored my promise to hold a game the specified time they needed to get to me. After reading this thread, I may change my mind on the need to take deposits.

IMG_4309 (resized).JPGIMG_4309 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcannan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-a-seller-disappears?tu=dcannan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.