Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Butch2099
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4309 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 8.58.22 AM (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Bought a machine on here from here from Suasponte275. He shipped the machine but it has issues because he plugged in a connector wrong and he never sent the topper he was supposed to send.

Looks like he hasn't been on here in a month. no answer to texts. email, Facebook mail and phone calls get a calling restrictions announcement 19.

No Google anything news-wise on the guy. I researched him before purchase, here for a number of years, looks like an Ex disabled army ranger, everything was good on the phone with 1 hiccup before shipping the machine, but I got it.

Do I just eat the problems & the topper?

Anyone know the guy? Lennon Wisdom from Redding CA.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

#2 6 years ago

most day you eat the BEAR some days the BEAR eats you.

#3 6 years ago

Had that happen to me before, seller didn’t keep his word, never could reach him again. At first he sent a few messages says hes “too busy” after that I never heard from him again. Something could have happened to seller, or I guess there’s a lot of jerks out there that like to take advantage of people.

#4 6 years ago

Yeah, at this point, at least you got your machine - sucks about the topper, but maybe he'll resurface and you'll get lucky. I don't know if you have any choice but to deal with the problems and the topper. Doesn't make it better, I know, but again - at least you got the game!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, at this point, at least you got your machine - sucks about the topper, but maybe he'll resurface and you'll get lucky. I don't know if you have any choice but to deal with the problems and the topper. Doesn't make it better, I know, but again - at least you got the game!

I'm definitely looking at it as half full. I really could have been screwed big time.

#6 6 years ago

And sellers wonder why buyers run the sellers through them hoops before making a deal.

#7 6 years ago

What’s the game? Is it an easy fix? How about the topper is it rare or easily found?

If the games a paperweight now, or it was a hard to find topper in be really pissed.

If it’s an easy fix then chalk it up to lesson learned.

#8 6 years ago

What machine is it? What kind of damage occurred from the connector being plugged in incorrectly? Although I agree with the others and you may have to eat this one, the truth is who knows....the guy could be in the hospital or worse. Either way glad you got the game and hope you get the topper and have an easy fix ahead of you

#9 6 years ago

what game/ topper?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from V_piscopo:

the guy could be in the hospital or worse.

Good point.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Bought a machine on here from here from Suasponte275. He shipped the machine but it has issues because he plugged in a connector wrong and he never sent the topper he was supposed to send.
    Looks like he hasn't been on here in a month. no answer to texts. email, Facebook mail and phone calls get a calling restrictions announcement 19.
    No Google anything news-wise on the guy. I researched him before purchase, here for a number of years, looks like an Ex disabled army ranger, everything was good on the phone with 1 hiccup before shipping the machine, but I got it.
    Do I just eat the problems & the topper?
    Anyone know the guy? Lennon Wisdom from Redding CA.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Eat it and move on. It sucks that it was not as described and he did not follow through with what he was supposed to. Either he is avoiding you and is not going to do anything about it or something really has changed in his life and he is not able to do anything about it. Sucks either way but you have the game, can fix it, can buy another topper. List your experience so no one else gets burned and fix the game and enjoy it.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

What’s the game? Is it an easy fix? How about the topper is it rare or easily found?
    If the games a paperweight now, or it was a hard to find topper in be really pissed.
    If it’s an easy fix then chalk it up to lesson learned.

AC/DC Premium. I asked him to take the balls out of the game & he did the lower playfield one also & plugged in a 20V connector to a GI and sent 20V where it shouldn't have gone. Blew up more stuff than you would think could happen. No diode to stop anything. It's not going to be a cheap fix by any means & may have to get a new CPU and display is toasted.

Train topper never sent

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

AC/DC Premium. I asked him to take the balls out of the game & he did the lower playfield one also & plugged in a 20V connector to a GI and sent 20V where it shouldn't have gone. Blew up more stuff than you would think could happen. No diode to stop anything. It's not going to be a cheap fix by any means & may have to get a new CPU and display is toasted.
    Train topper never sent

Bob , he may have fallen ill and has little or no family that even knows about your transaction. try posting on the Ca. thread maybe someone knows him there. GL freddy

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Eat it and move on. It sucks that it was not as described and he did not follow through with what he was supposed to. Either he is avoiding you and is not going to do anything about it or something really has changed in his life and he is not able to do anything about it. Sucks either way but you have the game, can fix it, can buy another topper. List your experience so no one else gets burned and fix the game and enjoy it.

Listing in case someone knows the guy from here. It sounded like he didn't want to sell the game but something was going on & was getting out of the hobby.
    Game will be fixed. Too much money invested to not fix it. Like I said, I'm grateful to have at least gotten the game. I could have been royally screwed.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Bob , he may have fallen ill and has little or no family that even knows about your transaction. try posting on the Ca. thread maybe someone knows him there. GL freddy

Thanks Freddy, I think he had a wife/GF when I talked to him. Phone went to that announcement 19 the day he was supposed to ship but then it was ok & he shipped a day late.
    You would think someone would have access to his phone/email/facebook if something happened. I'll try the CA thread also.

#17 6 years ago

Unfortunately sometimes a great deal is not what it appears

#18 6 years ago

wow just looked at the F/S thread a refinery pin. guy was on here 2 yrs. wow and pulled phone numbers out of the add. Bob do you think he removed topper and messed up with the plug? But to vanish all together now i feel your pain. hope this works out.

#19 6 years ago

Interesting. He has been a Pinsider for two years. Has made in 43 posts in two years. His for sale ad is his last activity on Pinside. And he alluded to family problems for driving the quick sale.

"Do to a massive change in my family situation I've lowered the price of my ACDC Luci, $7500. Good luck finding a Lucy for this price. She needs a new home."

Note to self: Never buy distressed sale items if I cannot cash and carry.

And his sunset statement on Pinside 37 days ago.

"She's pending sale gentleman. I am 2nd owner."

Question to self: Give more credence to Pinsiders with that little red heart ??

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 8.58.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-26 at 8.58.22 AM (resized).png

#20 6 years ago

That's too bad so much damage occurred from that connector. I feel bad for you, sounds like a lot of work ahead of you.

#21 6 years ago

Thats too bad, I hope the seller is OK and that the repairs are resonable... im a bit confused on the 20v connector, is that something that is disconnected at some point to install/remove the topper? Was it plug in incorrectly by the seller after the game was played last but before it shipped?
    Edit: I re-read and figured it out...bummer

#22 6 years ago

Sadly once again this shows "cash on the glass" (in person) is the only safe way to buy a machine. When dealing with someone new you know you are taking a bigger risk but when buying from someone with a couple year Pinside history most would assume you would be safe. I feel your pain!

Worse yet is every time you look at that machine (even after it is fixed) you will be reminded of the "bad transaction". I hate that feeling even more then getting screwed in the first place. Typically when something like that happens to me I can't wait to get the item out of my life so I can totally forget about it and move on.

Best of luck with it!

#23 6 years ago

If you look at his name it states SuaSponte275. That handle is symbolic to the 2nd Bat Rangers in Ft Lewis, WA.
    That Batalion is the one furthest from the flag pole. 1st, 3rd, RGT and STB are located in GA. Sua Sponte means "on their own accord" and is the regimental motto for the 75th Rangers.
    2nd Bat are good people, but they are furthest from the flagpole. Hope your able to get ahold of the person, but know you could be dealing with a military Veteran that might be dealing with some other stuff.
    http://www.historylink.org/File/9189

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/09/16/how-an-army-rangers-hellish-training-turned-him-into-a-criminal/amp/

#24 6 years ago

That sucks but at least you got the game. Could have been much worse. I'd send the board out for repair. Once you have a working game you'll forget that it even happened. Even with shipping and the board repairs it's still not a bad price for a Refinery LUCI edition. It sounds like the seller may be going through a rough patch and I'd just let it go.

#25 6 years ago

Butch2099 Bob sorry that you are experiencing this problem. There is a separate thread for Northern California. I suggest that you post in this thread also.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread

#26 6 years ago

Some times things happen with sellers. About 25 years ago I had a buyer come from Toronto to pick up a Black Hole I had for sale. BH was as described and he was glad to pay my asking price. We spent another couple of hours playing my games, talking about pinball, and life in general. I always enjoyed sharing and showing off my collection, and as usual I felt I had made a new friend. When he saw a nearly mint Vector, not working or set up he talked me into selling it for $500. He said he had other things going on but would come back for in in three weeks. I refused a deposit promising it would be his if he came back within a month. The next weak I received in the mail a Canadian money order from him for $500. US. I cashed the MO and set aside the week end he had said he would come back for the game. He didn't come or contact me that week end. I found that I had lost his phone number, and I had seen his address on the MO but had cashed it, and it was gone. Now jump forward about seven years. I get an email from him. He said he had a great time with me, and after sending the MO, a situation came up that prevented him for coming back when he said he would. He had lost my contact information, and had just gotten my email from an add I had posted some ware. Do you still have my game? I stated that I did, but as to the fact I had had to move it several times, and the value had gone up, I wanted a $200. storage charge. I also told him that I still needed space more than money, and if he came and bought another machine, I would wave the storage charge. I don't know if he lost my information again or was upset that I expected $200. for storing his pin, but I never heard back from him. I still have the game and may sell it soon. If he should contact me now I know, I would feel a little guilty about it ,but would have to tell him that his ticket was all punched years ago. I never wanted to take deposits and always honored my promise to hold a game the specified time they needed to get to me. After reading this thread, I may change my mind on the need to take deposits.

IMG_4309 (resized).JPGIMG_4309 (resized).JPG

#27 6 years ago

Buy the topper and get the machine working like you want it. I know it sucks but that should make you feel better. Sometimes you gotta move on

#28 6 years ago

Lennon Wisdom sounds like a pseudonym. Swammy says, this guy digs John Lennon's music and has learned many life lessons from it. Come on, Lennon Wisdom, really??

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Lennon Wisdom sounds like a pseudonym. Swammy says, this guy digs John Lennon's music and has learned many life lessons from it. Come on, Lennon Wisdom, really??

His Facebook page actually shows a plaque with his name on it from the Army so I know that's his real name.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from dcannan:

I wanted a $200. storage charge. I also told him that I still needed space more than money, and if he came and bought another machine, I would wave the storage charge. I don't know if he lost my information again or was upset that I expected $200. for storing his pin, but I never heard back from him.

I'll be happy to help make you whole and give you $200 for that Vector

#31 6 years ago

Nah, it was $ 200 storage for the first 7 years. The last 18 years would be another $ 514 for storage. Still a good deal.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Even with shipping and the board repairs it's still not a bad price for a Refinery LUCI edition.

Shipping was almost $600, no topper that factored into price ($200) display blew ($100?), CPU may need to be replaced ($500) plus light boards repairs ($?) This $7500 Luci is approaching 9G rapidly.

I hope the guy doesn't have serious problems. Seemed like a nice guy & like someone pointed out being military there may be other factors involved.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Shipping was almost $600, no topper that factored into price ($200) display blew ($100?), CPU may need to be replaced ($500) plus light boards repairs ($?) This $7500 Luci is approaching 9G rapidly.
    I hope the guy doesn't have serious problems. Seemed like a nice guy & like someone pointed out being military there may be other factors involved.

If he is currently serving you could track him down that way

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

If he is currently serving you could track him down that way

I believe he was disabled in some way and not able to serve anymore.

2 months later
    #35 6 years ago

I think I just got screwed by SuaSponte275 as well. I should have searched his handle before.

He said he had an ACDC Train Topper (apparently the one Butch2099 never got). Said he'd take $150 shipped for it. I Paypaled him about a month ago, he kept telling me "it's going out today" or two weeks later "oh I was moving, it will go out tomorrow". Now that I've asked for a refund he's gone silent for over two weeks.

Luckily part of the payment was via CC so I've disputed the charge. Looks like I'll be eating the rest. Lesson learned - search someone's handle before doing a deal and/or ask for references. It's a shame that's even necessary.

Butch2099 , I hope you were able to get your game fixed. Love my Luci!

#36 6 years ago

Still waiting on one of the chips since December. Hopefully will get it running soon. Sorry to hear you tried to screw you. The message I sent him is showing as being not read.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-when-a-seller-disappears and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.