Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Outlanes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (1) (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

How do you approach collecting when you have obtained your grail pins?

I'm easy to please, and my grail list was short: Jurassic Park and LOTR. I got them. I don't foresee myself spending what I did on LOTR (and I got it under current market rate) on any other pins, as no other pins interest me at that cost, so I'm probably not going to assign grail status to any other pins at this point. I'll will continue to cycle through some other pins with sales/trades on my other non-grail games, but it's interesting that I find myself "fulfilled" without the burning desire to obtain my next must-have game. I'm not out of the hobby by any means, and I still very much enjoy other games in my lineup, and hope to have other games in my collection.

Has anyone else reached a similar point in this hobby?

#2 5 years ago

Play them, and wait for manufacturers to produce additional grail pins for you.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Play them, and wait for manufacturers to produce additional grail pins for you.

This is the correct answer but I would have also accepted

A. Rub them with a diaper
    or
    B. Put lots of dolls and LED's into them

#4 5 years ago
    download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

Give it time. That fulfillment will dwindle and a new pin will be purchased.

#6 5 years ago

I perfectly happy with a six pin lineup. I don't feel like my collection has any major holes or anything like that, but there is always this constant itch to mix things up. I currently have a Total Nuclear Annihilation, Metallica, Congo, The Shadow, Hardbody, and Gold Strike. I'd like to keep a "rotating spot" in my lineup, but I enjoy everything I own at this point. I have a fear that I will be moving onto a game that I like less, but at the same time I really only discover how I feel about a game after I own it for a few months. Thus my desire to bring in a new game every 6 months. It pains me to say, but either Congo or The Shadow is likely going to be the spot that opens up.

#7 5 years ago

I play the heck out of them and invite others who don't use the term 'grail pins' to come and do the same.

#8 5 years ago

Pursue other games. Part of the fun is the trill of the hunt.

Also, bring them to shows to share.

#9 5 years ago

Yep - grail pin stays (WOZ) and I keep adding tasteful mods to keep it fresh. My collection has shrunk due to downsizing our house so the 3 pin lineup has to have variety. If I sell our (the wife’s) Galaga/Ms Pac-Man arcade I can fit one more pin... I’m thinking about a JJP 4 pin grail lineup, but that would involve selling the wife’s TZ which she rarely plays....
    It’s that or finish the basement and have the mancave with more pins... such a struggle

#10 5 years ago

Keep buying pins hoping they don't suck. When they don't live up to your two grail pins..donate them to a good cause. Me.

#11 5 years ago

Sit here. Happy they are in my line up.

LTG : )

#12 5 years ago

Identify the next grail game and search for it!

#13 5 years ago

I have a grail list. When I get a game from the list, they all move up one spot. This list is never ending just prioritized.

#14 5 years ago

Get better grail pins.

#15 5 years ago

I felt a bit the same, then I played Hoodini over the weekend!!!!WOAH!!!

#16 5 years ago

Honestly, if you are happy with your collection and don't have the itch to buy something new, enjoy it. I wish I could get rid of that itch.

#17 5 years ago

Find more grail pins

#18 5 years ago

I’ve been through my grail games. And now I’ve changed my buying style to “opportunistic” buying. I’m not actively shopping for a TWD, but if I happen upon one, I’ll bring it home. Occasionally I run across a classic I haven’t owned yet, and if it’s good value, it comes home too. But I’m not shopping. I never look at CL unless a friend texts me something. It’s a nice relaxed state of Pinball.

For a while, I did keep enhancing the games I owned, but now I prefer clean and playing well over anything I could add to them.

Overall, play, have fun, share them with friends. Enjoy.

#19 5 years ago

Play them.

"Thrill of the hunt" only leads you to hoarding and spending too much.

Thrill of play makes it worth it.

#20 5 years ago

For some of us I believe we become Steward and Carekeepers of machines. I have let a few go to people that have a Passion for a title.

I have been very fortunate to have 90% of the titles that I have wanted. Thanks to the hard work of CGC and others 1 more of my grail pins will arrive at a reasonable price. Hopefully they will deliver before Christmas but I'm patient.

Sometimes your Grail pin becomes like a boat anchor and you realize O-sh!t this was not as cool as I thought. Cirqus Voltaire, Stern Iron Maiden christ that list goes on and on.

Other times you find it. That pin that takes you back to when you fell in love and why you play.

2 more grails to go for me. TOM and Williams Defender

Overall Pins have become much like a BOAT for me. Break Out Another Thousand. Maybe it's worse.

#21 5 years ago

Wake up

#23 5 years ago

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

#24 5 years ago

And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer.

------Hans Gruber

#25 5 years ago

I now have this exact problem so I guess pursue the next Grail pin!

#26 5 years ago

Sell them and start all over!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

then a honey almond body scrub,

Okay, now I'm jealous.

LTG : )

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Oh my God, it even has a watermark.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-once-you-obtain-your-grail-pins?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.