What to do about The Hobbit ?

By stretch2

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

OK the WOZECLE should be arriving soon.The wait may finally be over.So do I shell out another $7k+ this year for The Hobbit and wait another 2 years ? What to do ?

#2 11 years ago

I doubt it will take 2 years to complete,they will have their infastructure complete soon.

#3 11 years ago

Do what make you happy.

I do believe their license agreement has it coming out mid next year. So the wait won't be as long.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Just wait for it to come out.

If you play it, and it's fun, buy it.

#5 11 years ago

A risk for sure either way.Put the money up front for an unknown game, or if the game is good and gets hot, then the price goes up like a grand ! You gotta love it....

#6 11 years ago

If you think you are getting your WOZ soon, why would you not just wait? Play the WOZ then decide.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

OK the WOZECLE should be arriving soon.The wait may finally be over.So do I shell out another $7k+ this year for The Hobbit and wait another 2 years ? What to do ?

If it takes two years to build a company from the ground up, including a complete manufacturing facility, array of suppliers, hardware and software system, employees, etc., to build one pinball game, do you really think it will take the same amount of time to simply build a second game? Really? Do you expect Jack to fire all his employees, re-hire new ones, sell his manufacturing facility, build another, redesign another hardware and software system from the ground up for the second game?

#8 11 years ago

Why not just buy it when it comes out?

#9 11 years ago

It is your money, spend it as you see fit. I will do the same, we will both be happy.

#10 11 years ago

From what I have heard, the WOZECLE's are essentially ready, but the software has been the ongoing issue. So hopefully, the Hobbit should ship sooner with a hardware and software infrastructure already in place.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Serious question?

#12 11 years ago

Yes.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

If it takes two years to build a company from the ground up, including a complete manufacturing facility, array of suppliers, hardware and software system, employees, etc., to build one pinball game, do you really think it will take the same amount of time to simply build a second game? Really? Do you expect Jack to fire all his employees, re-hire new ones, sell his manufacturing facility, build another, redesign another hardware and software system from the ground up for the second game?

But its confirmed as #2 isn't it? And it was confirmed to be released with the final Hobbit movie? December 2014 now? I imagine that Jack plans to be busy manufacturing thousands of WOZs between releases.

#15 11 years ago

buy 5 of them, they will be 10,000 by christmas.

#16 11 years ago

Your doubt leads me to believe that you should wait.

#17 11 years ago

Do not doubt JJP, he's here to stay. If you've seen the quality of WOZ then you should not have any doubts about Hobbit. I was told the main toy in it will be the dragon from a pretty good source. Smaug will also be in it somewhere. Just take the plunge & enjoy the ride. Many of us did with WOZ & it has been a cool experience seeing everything progress. It will not take nearly as long as WOZ that's for sure!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

For me, I'd rather have my money freed up to buy whatever I'd like now. If I would've been in on WOZ I wouldn't have been able to buy AC/DC. Or any other pin I may have wanted in the interim. So it's more important to me to have a pin I want in the here and now than a limited edition pin sometime in the future. But that's me. What's most important to you?

#19 11 years ago

Anyone looking to order a Hobbit LE - give us a call !

We are also selling WOZ standards - call for great pricing !

Great price, service, and a portion of all sales go to charity to buy a WOZ to put in a children's hospital !

We are having a WOZ event with Jack on 3/23 in PA - email me at [email protected] for info.

We will also be at the Hershey 'Amercian Music and Pop Culture Expo' on 3/29 and 3/30 - see www.usatheatres.com/conventions for details.

And finally we'll be the only JJP distributor at Allentown in May - come see and play WOZ and get tons of giveaways !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from LBJ:

I was told the main toy in it will be the dragon from a pretty good source. Smaug will also be in it somewhere.

75-year-old spoiler: Smaug *is* the dragon.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from LBJ:

I was told the main toy in it will be the dragon from a pretty good source.

Was that source by any chance a fellow named Com N. Centz?

#22 11 years ago

Glad that I could contribute to a cheap pop in the forum !

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I think a lot of it comes down to each individual buyer. How are you wired? Are you prone to worry? Are you laid back? I did my homework on JJP and even visited with Jack and came away confident and ready to preorder. I am in for WOZ ECLE and TH LE and am enjoying the ride. But, I tend to be the kind of person that evaluates, decides and then refrains from second guessing my choices (barring major setbacks). Also, this does not place a financial strain on me, so I am free from that worry.

Think about yourself and decide how risk averse you are. Will this drive you nuts, or will you be happy as part of the pre-order community? Only you know the answer.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

75-year-old spoiler: Smaug *is* the dragon.

OMGLMFAO

#25 11 years ago

Pinball star throwing advertising posts like thus in the middle of a thread makes me not want to buy from you. Buy from doughslinger or direct from JJp not a shill who poops in the middle of threads.
I am waiting patiently for a hobbit playfield preview before making a final decision.

#26 11 years ago

I think you should start a poll on how old you will be before you get The Hobbit.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

it's not complicated. People need to STOP preordering shit and wait until you play it method. Can't bitch about buying a game, after you've actually played it, since you know what your getting into. Most of the bitching on here would be eliminated if people would wait till they play the damn thing.

#28 11 years ago

Well said.

#29 11 years ago

Don't lose sleep over it. Lets play game one first before shelling out more cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-do-about-the-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.