(Topic ID: 253494)

What to clean and wax non protected playfield with?

By cory79

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Whichever cleaning & waxing method you go with, I'd recommend putting down some mylar, especially in high wear areas, or areas that are hard to reach during a regular cleaning. Just wax before you put down the mylar so if you or someone else needs to remove it in the future, it can come up without damaging the paint.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from cory79:

Never heard of Naphta?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Crown-128-fl-oz-Slow-to-Dissolve-Naphtha/3024053

It's a solvent. It can be used to remove residue and wax.

Quoted from cory79:

Should I put mylar in the chutes on There is already some wear where the ball travels.

Mylar generally helps prevent wear from getting worse. After all, that wear means that area has no or thinning protection from the topcoat, and the paint is being affected.

Quoted from Murphdom:

There is a big debate whether or not to use water based products on your playfields.

I've found water-based products to be fine, as long as you don't soak the wood with it. I usually get a paper towel damp, then wipe with it.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from cory79:

Naphtha sounds pretty harsh to me.

That depends on what it's used on. For some materials, it does nothing, for others, it can dissolve and remove.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-clean-and-wax-non-protected-playfield-with?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.