(Topic ID: 187076)

What to choose: IM or ST?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one do you advertise me if I want to stack the most possible and get great sound/jackpot callout?”

• Iron man 28 votes
      36%
    • Star Trek pro 22 votes
      28%
    • Star Trek Premium 28 votes
      36%

(78 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2675 (resized).png
    game_STARTREK-premium (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

To answer your question without pushing my favorite game off on you: Iron Man!

Unless you're a good player, it's more than deep enough to kick your ass over and over. If you ever complete Do or Die multiball, you'll be in the company of the greats of Pinball. It's immersive, with outstanding sound (get a Polk subwoofer to go with it). Also, you can stack two different multiballs, not just one. Obviously, start War Machine and bring in Whiplash. The second is a lot harder, but I accidentally did it last time I played my IM. You get War Machine ready and bring up Monger. Then, just before starting Monger multiball, slide a shot just to the left into War Machine and get ready for action. The next shot or two of War Machine multiball will inevitably start Monger multiball. It's very satisfying to do this, but extremely difficult. Rare to get extra balls on IM, as you can't earn one. You can adjust replay settings though and do it that way.

You can approach the game and modes any way you want and in any order, rather than feel like you have to play through a funnel. I generally flail on my first ball, aiming for the ramps and hoping to get lots of drones, IM standups, ramps, and Whiplash shots, but not enough to start anything. Then, second ball, I try to start them all to sneak into a very rare Do or Die wizard.

Oh yeah, set Monger to difficult so that he'll only come up from a straight up the middle shot once ready. Otherwise he's in your face too much.

IM isn't very deep, but it's deep enough for me, in fact, that rare magical single ball can get you to a wizard. More often though, you'll have to hit the start button a bunch.

Good luck with your decision!

#36 7 years ago

Also, there are alternate codes for IM by Pinsiders that add in some AC/DC.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-choose?tu=taz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.