(Topic ID: 187076)

What to choose: IM or ST?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which one do you advertise me if I want to stack the most possible and get great sound/jackpot callout?”

• Iron man 28 votes
      36%
    • Star Trek pro 22 votes
      28%
    • Star Trek Premium 28 votes
      36%

(78 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2675 (resized).png
    game_STARTREK-premium (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

IM is a great pin. It's rules are kind of short but it packs a lot of action. One of the better pins. I can recommend any of these pins without hesitation. I'd list in order of rules/complexity and the latter two have better dots and probably more to do rules wise.

IM
    Tron
    TWD pro
    Met pro

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does IM get this?

I don't know Met either but I hate their music so it would be difficult for me to own it.
    But I was thinking to the pins you mentionned and also Fish Tale, transformers, AMH, totan.

I didn't read requirements fully, IM is probably less deep than most games. Bot great to replay nonetheless.

I think Tron may be a bit more nuanced for stacking and combo shots.

Spiderman is really simple yet has more modes yet, great rules and callouts.

#14 6 years ago

IMO

Tspp and LotR are two if the best coded games ever, Tspp is more odd layout with lots of ramps and flippers and the rules are all over the play field.

LotR is two flippers but has 3 ramps and magnet and moving bash toy so it has a lot of things going on, it's rules are not hard to understand and has great callouts for jackpots and you can start a lot off MB at the same time.

If you thought ST shot well maybe you'd like SM or AcDc which may be less linear. AcDc is fun but the rules are not easy to decipher.

I still put Tron above SM but both are great.

I like SM the way it's laid out because each area of the PF is a mode (4 Villains) and you have 4-5 other modes that are started by the orbits (after you qualify them).

#18 6 years ago

IM is more fun to me, ST has more rules so you can play various ways. In a small collection ST may be better.

I had a party, all guys have great collections and IM was the most played of my pins.

I would take either one, they're about equal to me.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's possible with pinball browser. You just have to find the sound bytes. That said, IM is a great game. The biggest negative is its repetitive. It's like a fun mini game. Not too many strategies and not much diverse things to do, but what there is to do is fun. I owned it twice but it didn't last longer than a month both times cause it got boring doing the same thing. Like I said earlier, it's a great game to sit unplayed while you play your other pins and revisit from time to time.
    Despite its lack of breadth in rules, my pick would be ST in your 'near small' lineup as it has more variety, strategy, and such a cool immersive sound package.

That's what I said small lineup ST has more rules and ways to play but a big lineup like I have (10 pins) IM is awesome and the callous are fine imo great movie quotes and custom call outs by Jarvis.

I always love when Monger says "Where do you think you're going?" And Whiplash has some great sound bites.

Still think Tron is a great (just saying)

IMG_2675 (resized).pngIMG_2675 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-choose?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.