(Topic ID: 290118)

What to check when receiving shipped game.

By Jherre6

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

All,

There is a pin I have an eye on, and I really want to get it shipped. I would go with Michelle and she said it would be fully insured. First pin shipped, so I want to make sure it turns out well.

What do I check when they deliver?
    What if there is damage?
    Anything I should definitely do before I let the guys go?
    Should I tip, how much if so?

Thanks!!!

#2 3 years ago

The following are bad (box/pin interchangeable):

Giant holes in box
    Forklift protruding out of cabinet with driver nowhere to be seen
    Signs of broken glass
    Box upside down
    “Tip tell” thingee multiple colors
    Box is flat like a road runner cartoon after coyote is run over by train
    Smoldering fire / box large pile of ashes
    Box is soggy and shows signs of algae or sea life
    Box is encased in block of ice
    Box appears normal but weighs only 12 pounds
    Chicken bones, goat skulls, ox blood, or other signs of voodoo curse
    Sounds of livestock emanating from box

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Giant holes in box
    Signs of broken glass
    Box upside down

You only make the mistake of accepting two sheep stacked on top of each other instead of an Attack from Mars one time to learn your lesson.

#4 3 years ago

Here is what we at PinballSTAR send to our customers when a game ships so they are 'educated'... A little extra effort / communication on our part helps avoid potential problems... This said below - some drivers will not allow you to open the game before you sign so that's a crapshoot depending on the driver... also if you see a hole - tear it open more, shine a flashlight in, and look as sometimes a hole is just that and the game is fine... Many times the box is beat up and everything is fine... other times there is no damage to box and game is messed up... You just never know... Hope this helps... Damage claims are rare, BUT right now with the trucking situation backed up and a mess we are seeing more claims this past month unfortunately.
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected] if you have any other questions i'd be happy to assist...

Carefully check the box for damage / holes / major crushing, etc... I would even suggest if there is not damage to the box - OPEN THE BOX up and inspect the game to whatever extent you feel necessary to taking it all the way out and making sure it's ok BEFORE you sign and accept it. I've had a few concealed damage issues lately where there is no damage to the box but where the game is damaged - from small scuffs / cosmetic, to backboxes damages, pf glass broken, siderails smashed, etc.. from a drop off a forklift or a tip over... who knows... If you aren't satisfied with something - DO NOT SIGN and REFUSE to accept it - send it back.. or try to call me. The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait... That said, the issues are in the minority, but I just want you properly prepared.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Giant holes in box
    Signs of broken glass
    Box upside down

Or all of this... Levi for the win.. not very helpful, but an A for entertainment...

#6 3 years ago

Thank you sir!!!!!

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Here is what we at PinballSTAR send to our customers when a game ships so they are 'educated'... A little extra effort / communication on our part helps avoid potential problems... This said below - some drivers will not allow you to open the game before you sign so that's a crapshoot depending on the driver... also if you see a hole - tear it open more, shine a flashlight in, and look as sometimes a hole is just that and the game is fine... Many times the box is beat up and everything is fine... other times there is no damage to box and game is messed up... You just never know... Hope this helps... Damage claims are rare, BUT right now with the trucking situation backed up and a mess we are seeing more claims this past month unfortunately.
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected] if you have any other questions i'd be happy to assist...
    Carefully check the box for damage / holes / major crushing, etc... I would even suggest if there is not damage to the box - OPEN THE BOX up and inspect the game to whatever extent you feel necessary to taking it all the way out and making sure it's ok BEFORE you sign and accept it. I've had a few concealed damage issues lately where there is no damage to the box but where the game is damaged - from small scuffs / cosmetic, to backboxes damages, pf glass broken, siderails smashed, etc.. from a drop off a forklift or a tip over... who knows... If you aren't satisfied with something - DO NOT SIGN and REFUSE to accept it - send it back.. or try to call me. The driver is not going anywhere until you sign for it - he'll wait... That said, the issues are in the minority, but I just want you properly prepared.

#7 3 years ago

and if you want to make sure you are buying from a vendor that will support you post sale - buy from a distributor like @PinballSTAR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-check-when-receiving-shipped-game-?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.