(Topic ID: 74491)

What to buy? TZ,ST Prem, AC/DC Prem? EDIT: Down to 2 choices now!

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Next Machine”

• TZ plus cash 37 votes
    34%
  • ST Prem 23 votes
    21%
  • AC/DC Prem 41 votes
    38%
  • Cash out and pay off MMR balance 8 votes
    7%

(109 votes)

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Again to me TZ is the only game I rated a 10. If u have not owned one, get one. There willl be plenty of ST or ACDC out there when u get tired of TZ, unless u want a NIB. A NIB pin is a different feeling for sure for ANY pin, specially for great pins like ACDC or ST IMHO

#52 10 years ago

Very surprised actually, as extensive as ur present and past collection are, that you have NOT owned a TZ

#53 10 years ago

It's funny, I almost feel like it's a right of passage to own a TZ! Maybe I will reconsider and lean back towards it.

It's certainly cheaper for me, and having some cash left is always nice. I dunno. I feel like something is wrong with me...I don't go nuts for AC/DC and TZ isn't something I'm sure I need...yet

#54 10 years ago

The best part about AC/DC is the music.

#55 10 years ago

TZ had kind of always been a staple to pin collecting. When I first started collecting, I did not run into a person who has not owned a TZ somewhere in the collecting experience. It's like the must have at least once for any collector. There are plenty to go around as they made a crapload of them. Luckily. If they made only 4000 of them, the prices on TZ would far surpass MM's prices.

#56 10 years ago

Makes sense. I dunno. I just can't bring myself around to the "I gotta have it" stage. For $4-5k I don't want to be "meh" about a machine. Hell, I have three friends within a half hour of my house with them, so I guess I can glom off of theirs for the time being

#57 10 years ago

I feel like if there is a situation where I can't decide between two machines, and one of them is NIB, I go with the NIB. If it comes down to a coin flip, support the companies still building machines so that they can continue to build new machines for all of us to enjoy.

#58 10 years ago

Very interested seeing the poll results.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Makes sense. I dunno. I just can't bring myself around to the "I gotta have it" stage. For $4-5k I don't want to be "meh" about a machine. Hell, I have three friends within a half hour of my house with them, so I guess I can glom off of theirs for the time being

For $4-5k it "may" look also like a "meh" Yeah, there were a ton made. But, there are also a ton played to death.Even those in homes can get played to death. I also was in the same boat awhile back. I saw a new friends TZ with less then 250 plays...that's all it took for me. That thing looked like he just took it out of the box..just flat out gorgeous. After he made me remove my watch/ ring he let me play (1) game on it. So different then playing one on site. Yep I know you can turn a players machine into one that plays like new...But, after seeing and playing, I wanted one as close to new as I could get. It took awhile to find one in that condition. When I just turn it on...I couldn't see "meh" When I play it, I don't feel "meh" and when I think, I actually own this beauty..well, it's just a great feeling. It is getting harder as the years march on to find them ln this condition.You pay a premium for something like this. That was tough, seeing that I could have bought a brand new machine for these $$ What helped is, you can always find a late model huo machine now that there are more of us buying them new for the home. That 21 year old tz?... where was I when that thing came out...Oh, Chasing Women. Missed the boat. If you ever get to the "gotta have it stage" the sooner the better...the newer titles, you have plenty of time.

#60 10 years ago

Just wanted to give this another bump for thoughts....

#61 10 years ago

I am getting a ACDC SEXY LUCI this week

#62 10 years ago

Ac/dc without a doubt. Especially if you like the music. As good as it gets.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ac/dc without a doubt. Especially if you like the music. As good as it gets.

Absolutely correct. Best pin made to date -so long as it's in a good mood.
Man, that thing can be evil sometimes!

#64 10 years ago

I dunno man; after the day of pinball I had on my STLE. Im starting to second guess my ACDC vote; ST is awesome despite its generic code. Glad I don't have to choose between these 2!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-buy-tzst-prem-acdc-prem/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.