• No Good Gofers 26 votes
    50%
  • Flintstones 9 votes
    17%
  • Roadshow 17 votes
    33%

(52 votes)

#1 10 years ago

Have just sold SF2 and have enough to buy either Roadshow, Flintstones or No Good Gofers.

I currently own World Cup Soccer and just can't make the final decision about which machine to go for! Any advice and owners tips would be great

#2 10 years ago

Easy

Go with the nicest machine at the best deal. These are all good games. I tend to favor Roadshow or NGG as Flintstones lends itself towards kids

#3 10 years ago

Make a poll for this.

Flintstones doesn't deserve to be in the conversation against these 2 IMO, total dog.

#4 10 years ago

NGG. If for no other reason, the hole in one shot.

#5 10 years ago

Should have kept SF2.

#6 10 years ago

RS is a great game!

#7 10 years ago

I'd pick Road Show to go with your WCS. I think it's more different than WCS. NGG is very fun also - I would not choose Flintstones unless it was mainly for young children.

#11 10 years ago

Tough call, they are all fun games, NGG and RS are Plaw titles, so they do have some similarity's, Flintstones is a fun quirky game, biggest drawback was it was based on the movie not the cartoon.

NGG wins by a humor hair, the gophers mock you and have some pretty good lines. The hole in one shot simply never gets old.

#12 10 years ago

Laugh it up guys, but SF2 is funner than any of those others.

#13 10 years ago

I've owned all three...

NGG and Flintstones are very approachable for the casual player, where Roadshow takes some learning to get a feel for what's expected. Roadshow is, by far, the most difficult if you are trying to complete modes. All three have decent eye candy and "toys".

Of the three, NGG was more of an "instant hit" in my house, but I miss RS more.

We still have flintstones. And there is a surprising amount of depth to the scoring, but it doesn't get in the way of the casual player.

Good luck with the decision!

#14 10 years ago

What's a SF2 go for these days anyway?

#15 10 years ago

Flintstones. With all the new mods, adult translite etc. and a deeper game then most will know and tons to do!~SpOoKy

#16 10 years ago

Great advice guys! I was tending to lean towards RS or NGG. I sold my SF2 for $2700. I live in Australia. The machine was in great condition but it was a pretty lucky sale... NGG, RS and Flintstones are all currently on the market where i live all for $2750 so a pretty good swap I think!

The only thing that bothers me about RS is the linear game play, sort of similar to WC94 in that you're building towards the final game although WC94 has a lot of side goals.

Tough decision, I think RS might win out as it's closer and from a more reputable seller..

You guys are awesome though, I'm rather new to the forums. thanks a bunch!

#17 10 years ago

ngg

#18 10 years ago

I thought I would love NGG, but it didn't even last a year at my house. Hole one shot is awesome, but its the only shot the game has. Theres no depth to the game at all

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

What's a SF2 go for these days anyway?

Got me wondering the same thing. I think they can be had for around a grand in decent condition. If I was to have to pay what the others are fetching, I would look at other titles. But I have the taste for spicy.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I sold my SF2 for $2700.

#21 10 years ago

It seems the difference in the Australian and US pinball markets is pretty significant. We're pretty influenced by the Australia Dollar against the Euro and USD, at the moment with our dollar up prices seem to have dropped through the big importers here. You'd never get a decent DMD machine for under 2000 here.

#22 10 years ago

I paid 1900... so a very tidy profit.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

I paid 1900... so a very tidy profit.

Then I am now resigning my post as your advisor. Gooday!

#24 10 years ago

It was a case of I didn't really need to sell it but I thought I'd put it online for a price that I could then get a top 40 machine with..

#25 10 years ago

I have had all 3 NGG got boring after 1 month- gone. RS is better but the theme got old and the taxi-cab sucked-gone in 2 months. Flintstones is still here after a year and going strong. The game is fun and loved by all my family and friends. Just get rid of the movie pics and change to the best cartoon of all time. Bowling alley is one of the best toys ever.

#26 10 years ago

Gofers is a blast.

#27 10 years ago

RS for me. I had it and regret having sold it. The one thing linear are the cities from East to west coast. Only drawback : weight !!!

NGG humour very quickly got on my nerves. Hole in one is fun but... That´s one shot

Flintstones is family friendly. Drawback : unbalanced scoring ( multiball jackpots )

#28 10 years ago

Forget Flintstones. I have both RS and NGG and would suggest RS.

#29 10 years ago

NGG gets my vote.

#30 10 years ago
#31 10 years ago

owned all 3...will not get rid of NGG.
Miss FS a bit. It's a good game.

#32 10 years ago

I have an RS and don't think I will ever be getting rid of it. Every guest goes to that machine first, and to me it has, by far, the coolest toys (Red & Ted)

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have had all 3 NGG got boring after 1 month- gone. RS is better but the theme got old and the taxi-cab sucked-gone in 2 months. Flintstones is still here after a year and going strong. The game is fun and loved by all my family and friends. Just get rid of the movie pics and change to the best cartoon of all time. Bowling alley is one of the best toys ever.

So is there non linear goals on RS that you can go on the side while the cities are the main goals?

#34 10 years ago

I have Gofers and RS. If I hay to choose I'd keep RS. Deeper game, 2 plungers, 2 friggin talking heads! Page game like it will never be seen again. Lots of fun. Best use of a shaker in any pin.

#35 10 years ago

RS has been here for 2 years, it's a keeper. Sits beside FH.

#36 10 years ago

RS easily! FS is fun, but simple and way unbalanced scoring (multiball kills it). NGG is kinda boring to me...not sure exactly why.

#37 10 years ago

RS won! thanks guys.

#38 10 years ago

Fun game Good choice

#39 10 years ago

I had a NGG and it got old. I sold it and bought a RS.

#40 10 years ago

I would by either RS or NGG for $2750, not Flintstones

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-buy-flintstonsrsngg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.