Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Orko
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what to buy - game of thrones premium/le or ghostbusters premium/le”

• game of thrones premium/le 18 votes
      41%
    • ghostbusters premium/le 26 votes
      59%

(44 votes)

#1 7 years ago

hi folks,

i am thinking of buying a got premium/le or a ghostbusters premium/le. which one do you prefer and why? i played both for just a few minutes and can't decide.
    i am a huge fan of the got tv show and i like ghostbusters as well! thanks for your statements in advance.

best regards ralf

#2 7 years ago

Frankly, I prefer GoT pro to the premium or LE. So if you're sold on a premium - GB.

#3 7 years ago

TWD premium would be a good choice as well.

#4 7 years ago

GOT premium/le is the one id buy if i had to choose. The code on GOT is one of the best if you like different strategies to try. GOT pre/le has the orbit issue but GB has alot more issues to make it play right. Id buy a HUO GOT pro and HUO GB pro for around same price(+1k) as a NIB LE of either and i think both pros play better then there LE model.

#5 7 years ago

GB prem for the subway lock, magna slings, and better right ramp.
    GOT pro because upper playfield is a waste of time and space.

#6 7 years ago

I would be a GB Premium buyer all day long(plan on getting one too). GoT is fast, but too repetitive for me. The art on GB is excellent as well.

#7 7 years ago

I vote for got premium.

#8 7 years ago

GoT but TWD beats 'em both.

#9 7 years ago

There was another thread asking about Star Trek vs Ghostbusters. My advice is still the same. Go with GOT over Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters requires way too many tweaks and adjustments to make the game playable. GOT is playable right out of the box.

#10 7 years ago

GB for sure when talking prems, we'll pros as well - however GOT pro is a better game than GOT prem.

#11 7 years ago

GOT Premium is my vote.
    So much to do and strategy...great game!

#12 7 years ago

GOT; it's not even close if you are a player

#13 7 years ago

Just like the ST Pro vs. GB Pro thread, one looks amazing, and one plays a lot better... and that opinion isn't in the minority. So you have to choose option is worth more - fashion or function. I've played 1 GB at home and 2 on route, and the home unit is a lot more forgiving (added center post, inlane protectors, airball protector, longer ball save...etc.). On route I get too many freggin cheap drains I want to flip the damn machine over. That, plus the width of two shots on that PF can be measured as 1 ball + 0.001"

I always wonder the impression GB would've received if there was a center post installed as standard, sort of like Wheel of Fortune. I think that and a better right ramp situation would've made the game a lot more tolerable, especially on route. Similarly, I wonder if GOT Pre/LE had a functioning orbit and some sort of upper PF bypass (separate wireform, or pop up diverter fins in the upper PF) would have made that game stand out that much more than the Pro which many players prefer (I like both equally).

I'd still say GOT Pre over GB Pre. The looks and "tricks" of GB Pre don't add up to a better layout and very strategic rules of GOT Pre, IMO.

#14 7 years ago

Got Pro> Got PRem> GB PRem> GB Pro > any LE

#15 7 years ago

I just received my GB Pro and have been putting a good number of games on it. The game is incredibly fun, but it is hard. I don't mind getting kicked in the nuts every now and then in a home environment, because it's easy enough to just press the "Start" button again. The shots are great and different from most other Sterns. I don't really notice the flipper gap. I'm very happy with the purchase.

I added a $20 airball protector day 1 and had to make a minor adjustment on Slimer. Other than that, the game plays perfectly. I've had to make small adjustments like this on all three NIB games I've purchased from Stern. No biggie.

#16 7 years ago

GoT Premium is kind of annoying. The upper playfield is too big and it's a flow breaker without even offering any challenge. It's not a terrible game, but you never have a good view of the ball. It's under or behind something way too often.

GoT Pro is better than the premium. Noticeably.

But if you're not going to consider pro models, then GB Premium is MUCH better than a GoT Premium. GB Premium is a fantastic game with great challenge. Hopefully there's another injection of life into it with a code update still to come, but even if it doesn't happen, it's still great.

Seriously though, if you're interested in GoT, consider the pro first.

#17 7 years ago

GOT Pre is BETTER than GOT Pro - you just need to fix that left orbit!

#18 7 years ago

Having played both and not have a third option, I'd go GOT over GB.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-to-buy-a-got-premium-or-a-gb-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.